ADVERTISEMENT

"We will see a resurgence of the coronavirus in the fall. We won't have a vaccine for 12-18 months"

Increase hospital capacity + public wearing masks + mass testing & contact tracing + antiviral / other treatments to massively lower death rate = some kind of normalcy before a vaccine. We have the whole world working on this 1 problem. I hope we can hold large events by the end of the summer. We will be much more prepared in the fall.

Doctors really are just guessing on a round two. They really do not know. My guess is that it is cool season somewhere year round (North or South Hemisphere) that will keep it going.

Here is the CDC webpage showing the estimated number of flu deaths so far this year:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Here is the CDC webpage for Corona deaths so far:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

This insanity has to stop. Less than 3,000 people in the US have died from this virus. Corona viruses are not new. They’ve been around for decades. This is literally the flu. We are going to completely destroy this country if we don’t snap out of this.

This is not a pandemic, it is mass hysteria. Please watch this video:

Please read this article:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-coronavirus-as-deadly-as-they-say-11585088464

Here is the CDC webpage showing the estimated number of flu deaths so far this year:

This insanity has to stop. Less than 3,000 people in the US have died from this virus. Corona viruses are not new. They’ve been around for decades. This is literally the flu. We are going to completely destroy this country if we don’t snap out of this.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-coronavirus-as-deadly-as-they-say-11585088464
You are not understanding the differences of this virus versus some of the other flus/covids that are out there. We've tried to go down the path of being positive and not preparing for the worst. It failed. The reality is this thing is a killer of vulnerable people. Every major hospital in a major metro area is going to be faced with significantly more challenges than they've ever faced during the worst flues over the last few years. The reality is we know how to beat this thing. Now, we just have to do it for a little bit longer. If everyone does as they should (keep your ass inside and away from everyone else), we will be good to go by late summer.

Reactions: el dub
Increase hospital capacity + public wearing masks + mass testing & contact tracing + antiviral / other treatments to massively lower death rate = some kind of normalcy before a vaccine. We have the whole world working on this 1 problem. I hope we can hold large events by the end of the summer. We will be much more prepared in the fall.

Until the next virus, which will cause governments to shut down everything. And the next virus, and the next. And don't forget influenza, which kills 600,000 each year - the governments and health officials and decision-makers no doubt will cancel, shut down, quarantine everything for months. Are you ready to never again attend a sporting event, concert, festival, church service, restaurant, fitness center, etc.? Am I saying this is jest, or is it a real possibility that wrestling (and all of the above-mentioned) will cease to exist because of the constant fear and paranoia, that close contact with others puts you at grave risk of death?

Last edited:

EXACTLY!!! THANKS for posting this, finally some sanity. When I look at the data, THE DATA, and not listen to government and health officials and other officials paint worst-case scenarios (btw, that's their job to do that, to cover their butts), the data clearly bears out that this all has been an extreme overreaction.

Not just in the U.S., but the hysteria is having a massively negative affect on almost every country in the world. (On a personal note, I've gotten stuck in the U.S. and my move to Argentina is put on hold, if the hysteria continues I'm not sure they'll ever let foreigners in. And sadly my sister and best friend in Colorado have told me to stay away from them because...? Are they afraid they're going to get the virus from me and die??? Not sure if paranoid or stupid is the right word.

You are not understanding the differences of this virus versus some of the other flus/covids that are out there. We've tried to go down the path of being positive and not preparing for the worst. It failed. The reality is this thing is a killer of vulnerable people. Every major hospital in a major metro area is going to be faced with significantly more challenges than they've ever faced during the worst flues over the last few years. The reality is we know how to beat this thing. Now, we just have to do it for a little bit longer. If everyone does as they should (keep your ass inside and away from everyone else), we will be good to go by late summer.

All flu viruses are killers of vulnerable people. Literally tens of thousands of people die from the flu every year, mostly the elderly and people with pre existing health conditions. There is nothing different about this virus that has killed less than 3,000 people in the US.

This virus has been around since January and possibly before that. We only decided to lock ourselves in our houses and shut the whole country down two weeks ago, so this virus was able to spread freely for about six weeks and there are still less than 3,000 deaths and only about 160,000 confirmed cases in a country of 330 million people. Nothing is going to happen. This is hysteria.

EXACTLY!!! THANKS for posting this, finally some sanity. When I look at the data, THE DATA, and not listen to government and health officials and other officials paint worst-case scenarios (btw, that's their job to do that, to cover their butts), the data clearly bears out that this all has been an extreme overreaction.

Not just in the U.S., but the hysteria is having a massively negative affect on almost every country in the world. (On a personal note, I've gotten stuck in the U.S. and my move to Argentina is put on hold, if the hysteria continues I'm not sure they'll ever let foreigners in. And sadly my sister and best friend in Colorado have told me to stay away from them because...? Are they afraid they're going to get the virus from me and die??? Not sure if paranoid or stupid is the right word.

I’ve noticed in my daily life that people who agree with us are afraid to speak up because so many people are gripped by this panic. I think those of us who haven’t fallen victim to the hysteria need to be more vocal and make a point of presenting the data whenever we get the opportunity to do so. It’s the only way that people will wake up and start to understand the possible long term damage that is being done. The fallout from our reaction to the flu, yes, literally the flu is going to be ten times worse than the virus itself.

I’ve noticed in my daily life that people who agree with us are afraid to speak up because so many people are gripped by this panic. I think those of us who haven’t fallen victim to the hysteria need to be more vocal and make a point of presenting the data whenever we get the opportunity to do so. It’s the only way that people will wake up and start to understand the possible long term damage that is being done. The fallout from our reaction to the flu, yes, literally the flu is going to be ten times worse than the virus itself.

Two questions:

1. Setting aside what the overwhelming vast majority of epidemiologists, public health officials, doctors and other people who actually know the subject are saying, do you think China - a country not exactly famous for their abundance of caution regarding the safety of their workforce - is going to essentially shut down major industrial centers and severely harm their own economy because of "literally the flu"?

2. What are the numbers "14" and "88" in your username referencing?

Reactions: fufighters
Like the other viral bugs that run through the population this is going to run through most everyone at some point. A vaccine would be especially great to protect the high risk folks but useful for all. Once people get it they are out of the equation. Once they get a handle on testing, get the hospitals stocked like they need with respirators etc combined with natural immunity from people who had it and recovered and a 2nd round would be much easier to manage. Shut down is only feasible until probably the end of May at the longest.

All flu viruses are killers of vulnerable people. Literally tens of thousands of people die from the flu every year, mostly the elderly and people with pre existing health conditions. There is nothing different about this virus that has killed less than 3,000 people in the US.

This virus has been around since January and possibly before that. We only decided to lock ourselves in our houses and shut the whole country down two weeks ago, so this virus was able to spread freely for about six weeks and there are still less than 3,000 deaths and only about 160,000 confirmed cases in a country of 330 million people. Nothing is going to happen. This is hysteria.
Lol. Yep. Let's just let the virus run unchecked and allow everyone to get it because not enough people have died yet. Let's not try to slow it down before it gets out of control.

The growth is exponential if we don't follow the recommended guidelines...social distancing, etc. Exponential growth has happened in a number of areas throughout the world, including some U.S. cities.

A few additional points....

The seasonal flu has a vaccine every year. The majority of deaths from seasonal flu occurs in those who've not been vaccinated. Covid-19 will hopefully have a vaccine, but it probably will take close to a year before available. Antiviral meds will also likely around in the future. But these are not yet there.

So for now, follow the recommendations that the experts at the CDC, WHO and throughout most of the world are advising... social distancing, hand washing and avoid touching your face.

Last, your numbers need updating. As of Wed morning there have 188,049 confirmed cases in the U.S. and 3,909 deaths.

Reactions: lonesomedove
Jebus. We still have people beating the whole “this is just the flu” drum? Does the flu annually overrun hospitals and healthcare in multiple major cities? I guess I missed that. Or are those people just hospitalized with paranoia?

Until the next virus, which will cause governments to shut down everything. And the next virus, and the next. And don't forget influenza, which kills 600,000 each year - the governments and health officials and decision-makers no doubt will cancel, shut down, quarantine everything for months. Are you ready to never again attend a sporting event, concert, festival, church service, restaurant, fitness center, etc.? Am I saying this is jest, or is it a real possibility that wrestling (and all of the above-mentioned) will cease to exist because of the constant fear and paranoia, that close contact with others puts you at grave risk of death?

You certainly do know about paranoia.

The virus and the fallout from it are inseparable. This is not just "the flu." The point is that short and strong mitigation will serve the long-term economy much better than denial. This is not hysteria. This is just good public health practice based on vetted scientific understanding. Do you think that Fauci, Birx, Trump, and Pence are now lying?
The real hysteria now is from people who fear that their jobs or 401K won't come back to those record January levels. The sky is not falling, but that doesn't mean you should go to the top of a hill with a raised golf club during a lightning storm either.

We'll know if this reaction is extreme in just a few weeks won't we? How many deaths will it take for you to reconsider?

Stop trolling.

Reactions: lonesomedove
My new grand-daughter, born March 20, and her parents live in Canada. I am discouraged because I don't know when I'm going to be able to go up for a grandpapa visit.

you are an "f'n" idiot.

"f'n" idiot # 2 in this thread...

From all the data that is now out the problem isn't so much the virus, as the ability to treat the infected.

The speed at which it spreads, and how it appears to attack both lungs, as opposed to pneumonia which typically will get one at a time.

It is spreading so fast because it is not only transmitted via contact, it is also airborne. Also, unlike ebola, SARS & h1n1 people aren't displaying symptoms & becoming contagious.

People are contagious, and then a few weeks later they begin to display symptoms. So they are infecting for weeks before they even know they are sick.

People are dying so fast because as they are coming in, hospitals don't appear to have enough ventilators to care for those who need them. They also don't have enough staffing to deal with the numbers bombarding them.

This is now known data, not some hoax or conspiracy of fear.

So please, don't be an "f'n" idoit & stay home until we have begun to flatten the curve..

From all the data that is now out the problem isn't so much the virus, as the ability to treat the infected.

The speed at which it spreads, and how it appears to attack both lungs, as opposed to pneumonia which typically will get one at a time.

It is spreading so fast because it is not only transmitted via contact, it is also airborne. Also, unlike ebola, SARS & h1n1 people aren't displaying symptoms & becoming contagious.

People are contagious, and then a few weeks later they begin to display symptoms. So they are infecting for weeks before they even know they are sick.

People are dying so fast because as they are coming in, hospitals don't appear to have enough ventilators to care for those who need them. They also don't have enough staffing to deal with the numbers bombarding them.

This is now known data, not some hoax or conspiracy of fear.

So please, don't be an "f'n" idoit & stay home until we have begun to flatten the curve..

And early information from those who have recovered is showing that about 28% have heart damage

Between 30-40% of recovered cases show impaired lung function also.

The virus attatches to the Ace2 receptor on cells. There are a lot of Ace2 receptors on lung cells hence the bilateral pneumonia commonly developing.

There are more Ace2 receptors in your heart, liver, & colon, than in your lungs. Hence other organ damage. Not just pneumonia.

Jebus. We still have people beating the whole “this is just the flu” drum? Does the flu annually overrun hospitals and healthcare in multiple major cities? I guess I missed that. Or are those people just hospitalized with paranoia?

You certainly do know about paranoia.
Agree with you. These are people who can't stand being confined. These are people lost without sports.

Reactions: vhsalum
And early information from those who have recovered is showing that about 28% have heart damage

The virus attatches to the Ace2 receptor on cells. There are a lot of Ace2 receptors on lung cells hence the bilateral pneumonia commonly developing.

There are more Ace2 receptors in your heart, liver, & colon, than in your lungs. Hence other organ damage. Not just pneumonia.

Not arguing the slightest with your post, but just wanted to add that the regular old flu has always been known to cause heart damage. https://www.heart.org/en/news/2018/...ings-a-rise-in-heart-failure-hospitalizations

I knew this because that's what caused my father's death. He got the flu in the early 1980 and it damaged his heart. Luckily, it took over 30 years to kill him.

Last edited:
Two questions:

1. Setting aside what the overwhelming vast majority of epidemiologists, public health officials, doctors and other people who actually know the subject are saying, do you think China - a country not exactly famous for their abundance of caution regarding the safety of their workforce - is going to essentially shut down major industrial centers and severely harm their own economy because of "literally the flu"?

What’s the SS in YOUR username referencing? Nazi much? o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: 14HAWKS88

You are preaching to the choir on this one brother. Have you noticed how at first we were worried about the old people and hospitals overflowing and now it is mass panic that we have to fear getting the virus? I thought we initially accepted that we would get it and just wanted it to happen at a slower rate. We have now been pushed toward a panic attitude about it.
Lets hope we can get this virus in big enough numbers, this time, that the next time it passes thru, the panic won't have to accompany it.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule

What are the ages of these people. The devil is in the data that is left out.

Just be prepared to be called names and looked at like you are from another planet when you do it.

The seasonal flu has a transmission rate of 1.3, which means that an infected person will pass it on to an average of 1.3 people. If this process happens up to 10 levels. The original infected person is responsible for infecting 13 people. Mortality rate of common flu is only .1%

COVID-19 transmission rate is 3. After 10 levels, the original infected person is responsible for infecting 58,000 people (somewhere around that number). Mortality rate of coronavirus is anywhere between 2-4%

COVID-19 is no common flu!

What are the ages of these people. The devil is in the data that is left out.

I did not see any data with ages. However data from a week or so ago showed that in NYC at thtat time about 44% of the people being hospitalized were 50 or under.

Or, you know, New York. It’s happening right here in our country.

The only people as ignorant as the covid panickers are the covid deniers.

Hate to inject rational thought, but what happens if it comes around again?
(not if, but when...)
1). we will have developed theraputics for it (chloroquine/zpac, remdesmovir, and convalescent plasma....
2) we will have built up enough supplies
3) we will have the beginning of herd immunity...

Or, you can go the route Philly went in 1918. Worked pretty well for them.

Reactions: SPOONER
not trolling...this is a legit question...(and for the sake of transparency i'm on the 'we're gonna bee ok' side of things)

if the regular flu infects more americans per year than covid 19 currently has, why are the hospitals overrun now, but haven't been with flu patients in the past?

Reactions: dgordo and tosal563
Hate to inject rational thought, but what happens if it comes around again?
(not if, but when...)
1). we will have developed theraputics for it (chloroquine/zpac, remdesmovir, and convalescent plasma....
2) we will have built up enough supplies
3) we will have the beginning of herd immunity...

Or, you can go the route Philly went in 1918. Worked pretty well for them.

all the leading doctors are saying there is a high likelihood that once you get it you won't get it again.

The seasonal flu has a transmission rate of 1.3, which means that an infected person will pass it on to an average of 1.3 people. If this process happens up to 10 levels. The original infected person is responsible for infecting 13 people. Mortality rate of common flu is only .1%

COVID-19 transmission rate is 3. After 10 levels, the original infected person is responsible for infecting 58,000 people (somewhere around that number). Mortality rate of coronavirus is anywhere between 2-4%

COVID-19 is no common flu!

The estimates of the mortality rate of corona are based on how many people have died and how many have tested positive. The only people who get tested are the people who were sick enough to be hospitalized so of course that skews the numbers. There have likely been hundreds of thousands more people in the US who have had the virus and didn’t get sick enough to go to the hospital and so they weren’t even tested. That will obviously make the mortality rate seem higher. This is explained in the video in my first post.

not trolling...this is a legit question...(and for the sake of transparency i'm on the 'we're gonna bee ok' side of things)

if the regular flu infects more americans per year than covid 19 currently has, why are the hospitals overrun now, but haven't been with flu patients in the past?
Not many people that get the flu are hospitalized and the length of a hospital stay for those that are hospitalized with the Coronavirus is significantly longer than most illnesses. I have read that a person put on a ventilator with covid are on that ventilator for and average of 11-21 days. The length of hospital stay and length of time on a ventilator are the primary concerns in my opinion. But I’m with you we are gonna be OK. It’s real and most of these measures are necessary but no need to panic.

Reactions: grapplefann
Two questions:

The 14 was my football number in high school. I was a mediocre QB. The 88 is the year I was born. I don’t put them side by side because I’m aware of the connotation. But if I was a Nazi that told you the sky was blue would I be wrong or right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT