ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Plans

yescyam

HR All-American
May 29, 2001
What's your weekend holdin', boyz and girlz ? My local HS football team is away, so I'll prolly stay home tonight and watch the Hawk game. I'm sure some nice cold beverages will be consumed. Tomorrow am headed to Ames for the ISU-KU game....again more cold beverages. Church on Sunday followed by doing somethin' outdoors hopefully.

Tonight: sitting by a bonfire with the game on the projector. Getting drunk.
Tomorrow: pumpkin patch with the kids, deer hunting if the rain holds off
Sunday: not a clue,maybe hunting again

Reactions: Tunadog
JV soccer game tonight
Lacrosse game tomorrow followed by a sleepover for my daughters birthday. 6 10 year old girls. Should be amazing.
Soccer game followed by lacrosse game tomorrow.
Watch some football and drink some beers in between everything.

Rolling smoke on 2 pork butts, 4 racks of St Louis style ribs and 3 meatloaves while drinking a few beers, watching the Hawks and sipping on some Glenlivet 12. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Tonight we're having a few friends over to make pizza to celebrate tbgf's birthday (no pics). Will be monitoring the game.

Saturday going out for dinner then to the symphony orchestra for Beethoven's 7th symphony.

Sunday hopefully just laying low and watching Red Zone all day.

JV soccer game tonight
Lacrosse game tomorrow followed by a sleepover for my daughters birthday. 6 10 year old girls. Should be amazing.
Soccer game followed by lacrosse game tomorrow.
Watch some football and drink some beers in between everything.
the #5 team in the nation deserves more respect that "JV soccer game" tonight.

watching Iowa quiet the doubters tonight, Goodwill Outlet treasure hunting with my mom and sister (no pics) and single parenting my children while their father is in Lames tomorrow hopefully watching a losing effort, celebrating my sister's birthday and soccer on Sunday.

Reactions: 3boysmom
HS Football tonight. Heading to East Lansing for the MSU game tomorrow, unoffcial visit, then a football camp on Sunday near Detroit. Heading back Sunday evening. May swing through Ann Arbor to check out the campus.

Was out of town last weekend and will be out of town next weekend, so going to make this a chill weekend hopefully.

Making Teriyaki chicken tonight, and will probably just take a stroll in town and have a beer and see if I can catch any music worth listening to for a bit.

Will try to go fishing in the morning tomorrow morning, and then spend most of the day watching some combination of football and catching up on AEW wrestling episodes. I think I'm overdue to grill some steaks, so maybe a trip to Costco at some point.

Sunday will be church followed by watching the Bills. Not sure what I'll grill Sunday. Might be a sausage day.*

*For OP's mom, every day is sausage day

Hoping my wife can cut my hair this weekend.

Other than that nothing special, laundry, groceries, alone time with the wife, some COD mobile, Chelsea, Hawkeyes, Colts.

Was out of town last weekend and will be out of town next weekend, so going to make this a chill weekend hopefully.

Making Teriyaki chicken tonight, and will probably just take a stroll in town and have a beer and see if I can catch any music worth listening to for a bit.

Will try to go fishing in the morning tomorrow morning, and then spend most of the day watching some combination of football and catching up on AEW wrestling episodes. I think I'm overdue to grill some steaks, so maybe a trip to Costco at some point.

Sunday will be church followed by watching the Bills. Not sure what I'll grill Sunday. Might be a sausage day.*

*For OP's mom, every day is sausage day
Bills are +17 1/2. If the Texans win, I think it will be the biggest upset (a determined by point spread) in NFL history.

We have the grandsons this weekend. Daughter and SIL are going through a rough patch so we are getting the boys until Tuesday (I believe). Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain most the weekend so outdoor plans are a wash. So I expect there will be a lot of finger painting, block building, crying and diaper changing.

Last edited:
Bills are +17 1/2. If the Texans win, I think it will be the biggest upset (a determined by point spread) in NFL history.

We have the grandsons this weekend. Daughter and SIL are going through a rough patch so we are getting the boys until Tuesday (I believe). Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain most the weekend so outdoor plans are a wash. So I expect there will be a lot of finger patting, block building, crying and diaper changing.

I hope things work out for your kids.

I hope things work out for your kids.
Thanks. Young people, two toddler boys really close in age. Lots of stress. I was tell daughter last night that there are sometimes in marriage and life that you have to grit your teeth and muddle through, but it usually all works out on the other side. Kids get older and start becoming more independent, less stress. Husband and wives better figure out pressure points and when to be cool....

Hotguys this evening of course. Heading to Cabo Sunday-Thursday for a little Ped St pre-tailgate tailgate.

Thanks. Young people, two toddler boys really close in age. Lots of stress. I was tell daughter last night that there are sometimes in marriage and life that you have to grit your teeth and muddle through, but it usually all works out on the other side. Kids get older and start becoming more independent, less stress. Husband and wives better figure out pressure points and when to be cool....

Man, isn't that the truth. Assuming you're not talking about abuse or something like that, that's about right on. At least one person has to just give. I see so many people, when they're dating, and everything is an argument or a debate. What movie to watch, where to eat, what to do on a weekend. And whoever doesn't get their way stews and keeps score.

Man, the most useful tools in a marriage are "Whatever you want is fine" and "Yes dear." I'm not saying that you have to get used to getting walked over, or you never get you're preferred way, or that's going to cause resentment. It's not a matter of never getting what you care about...it's coming to the soul-searching realization that at the end of the day "Wait, I don't really give a shit about all that much."

Especially men. Most guys have barely a handful of things they really, truly give a shit about. Coming to that realization, that in most cases you care about getting your way, not the actual thing, does wonders for your mental health and a peaceful marriage. I truly think the best recipe for a peaceful and happy marriage is the husband letting the wife just get her preference about 85% of the time, and then planting your flag on the 15% that actually matters to you. Making everything a 50/50 battle just grinds everyone down.

Obviously, not trying to be sexist, there are obviously relationships where the man is the more anxious party and the wife is more mentally prepared to let things most things go.

Sometimes it takes kids. For me having kids in my life put everything else so far down the list. Maybe they'll get there.

Reactions: Fijimn
Rolling smoke on 2 pork butts, 4 racks of St Louis style ribs and 3 meatloaves while drinking a few beers, watching the Hawks and sipping on some Glenlivet 12. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow.

Glenlivet 12 and Glenmorangie Nectar D’Or (essentially a 12, it’s the standard 10 given 2 extra years in Semillon barrels) are my two go to Scotches. I’m also a big fan of Aberlour 16, Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask and Glenrothes 12.

Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
Staying in, drinking a few beers and watching Hawks tonight. Oktoberfest tomorrow afternoon with the wife and friends, so more beers. Sunday stuff around the house and coaching kids flag football.

As always, lots of kid’s stuff for us. My youngest has a make-up Little League game tonight while the middle is off at an away HS football game with the marching band. Come home and watch the Hawks, then the oldest and I go to Asheville tomorrow for his weekend baseball tournament. Mrs. hawkifann (no pic) will deal with the youngest’s baseball game tomorrow and go watch the middle in his first marching band performance tomorrow night, then she and the youngest have rehearsal for a play they’re in on Sunday.

Sometimes it’s like the week is how we recuperate from the weekend.

HS Football tonight. Heading to East Lansing for the MSU game tomorrow, unoffcial visit, then a football camp on Sunday near Detroit. Heading back Sunday evening. May swing through Ann Arbor to check out the campus.
Ann Arbor is a whore. Many Tee shirts are saying it...

Game watch tonight in my buddy's new 250K pole building with 80" screen/pre game Texas Hold'em in Washington County. Golf Saturday in Kalona and granddaughter's BD party on Sunday, after watching Cardinals sweep the Cubs...

• Haha
Reactions: 3boysmom
I’m in Maryland waiting for the game to start.

Going to the horse races tomorrow.

I hope my plans don’t come to fruition, but I plan to put a ridiculous amount of money in the swear jar Saturday afternoon.

This. Except my "swear jar" is going to be the beer vendors at Doak Campbell stadium. Hoping there is a chance that we win against a team we would have beaten by 40 points in our prime.

Kicked the shit out of a private school earlier tonight and am currently watching the Hawks replay. Great night.

Doing absolutely nothing but laundry, cleaning, watching film and football games for the next two days. Doesn't get any better than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT