ADVERTISEMENT

Weightlifting belts

I would rotate it in. The Bulgarian split squats are very similar.

Oh and the core stuff he could do 2-3 times a week after he lifts. Doesn't need to be really long time. Curious what core exercises you go with.
I'll be honest, I don't know what he does for that, either as to type of exercise or frequency. I will ask him.

Yes, the belt is useful. It's intended purpose is to keep the torso rigid and fully supported during any heavy lift, in laymen's terms. A good rule is to use a belt anytime the weight on the bar is > BW, or 60% BW for an overhead strict press. Your boy is ready for one.

I use a 3" bestbelts but suggest seeing if your boy can somehow trial a few different sizes before purchasing. The height is important as the belt should fit between the bottom of the ribcage and the hip. You don't want to spend $100 only to find out it doesn't fit properly.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Yes, the belt is useful. It's intended purpose is to keep the torso rigid and fully supported during any heavy lift, in laymen's terms. A good rule is to use a belt anytime the weight on the bar is > BW, or 60% BW for an overhead strict press. Your boy is ready for one.

I use a 3" bestbelts but suggest seeing if your boy can somehow trial a few different sizes before purchasing. The height is important as the belt should fit between the bottom of the ribcage and the hip. You don't want to spend $100 only to find out it doesn't fit properly.
thanks all! I will get him one tomorrow at scheel’s

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT