ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Boyz. Got my first OWI

Or so I'm being told. Just recieved notification of this from the DOT and some blower company. Must have been so drunk I blacked out through the entire process, including my release.

On a serious note, I'm guessing this won't be fun to get resolved, and I'm really curious how it even happened I did not get arrested for OWI.
8g6wy6.jpg
You in jail yet?

Reactions: Moral
Hopefully this process is a little easier to clean up then dealing with the IRS.

Someone sold something on eBay for over $50,000 about 5 years back and used my Wifes (no pics) SS# to avoid paying taxes. Took over 2 years and a lot of back and forth for them to finally believe us. The sad thing is that they should have easily been able to use the bank account the transaction went to and easily found them.

The really shitty part is that they kept threatening to garnish our wages and in the end it sounded like they weren’t even going to go after the criminal responsible for all of it. So they got away with not paying over 20 grand in taxes and they fugged us over and broke the law big time.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: ping72 and Moral
Once you are bailed/released the mugshot is pulled. I have a court date on the 3rd to get this fixed. Someone used my identity, and as you can guess it's not a simple process to get this cleared up. Good news is it will get taken care of soon.
Do you think you know the person who used your identity?

Once you are bailed/released the mugshot is pulled. I have a court date on the 3rd to get this fixed. Someone used my identity, and as you can guess it's not a simple process to get this cleared up. Good news is it will get taken care of soon.
Well, assuming the mug shot and physical metrics taken at booking don't miraculously match yours you have that in your favor.

Well, assuming the mug shot and physical metrics taken at booking don't miraculously match yours you have that in your favor.
For sure. Shouldn't take long once I get in there, but it's kinda ridiculous this can't get handled over the phone. The DOT has my picture.

Reactions: McLovin32
You should be thankful that you have all kinds of new fantasies to role play. Probably should send the guy who stole your identity a fruit basket or something.
I'd rather kick him in the balls then send over a bottle of bubbly and a bucket of ice with a card. Card will read "tough break get drunk on me and use the bucket to ice down your marbles". Ps: Bubbas nice, you'll like him. Have him do that thing with his finger.

I do not. It was 2 hrs from where I live. Maybe they know of me? Idk. Wild stuff. 8am at the courthouse on the 3rd with a 2 hr drive isn't ideal, but wanna get this wrapped up.
Assuming the date was off, so did you get to court on Monday?

Reactions: ping72
Assuming the date was off, so did you get to court on Monday?
I went Tuesday. It was a joke. Had to actually enter a plea. Told the judge what happened and she said I needed to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty, she wasnt there to hear my case. I plead not guilty and then went to the prosecution office to talk to him. There it was cleared up. Didn't hear much more and everything on me is dismissed.

On a side note, I was the last one to approach the judge out of 10 people and there were some wild stories/people in there. I don't know how judges don't laugh their asses off in people's faces.

I went Tuesday. It was a joke. Had to actually enter a plea. Told the judge what happened and she said I needed to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty, she wasnt there to hear my case. I plead not guilty and then went to the prosecution office to talk to him. There it was cleared up. Didn't hear much more and everything on me is dismissed.

On a side note, I was the last one to approach the judge out of 10 people and there were some wild stories/people in there. I don't know how judges don't laugh their asses off in people's faces.
Does everything get wiped as if it never happened, or do you still have to clean it all up?

Does anything show up if you google yourself?

Does everything get wiped as if it never happened, or do you still have to clean it all up?
Never happened. Or so I was told. I didn't stick around, it took longer than I expected and had to hoof it to get back to work on time.
Does anything show up if you google yourself?
Just tried and no.

I’m guessing they hear a lot of stupid/crazy shit and I’m sure it gets old in a hurry

So did you find out what happened?

So did you find out what happened?
Not entirely. I had to go meet with the prosecutor and tell him what happened. I explained it all, told them I was not hiring representation, and then they reviewed the file. Obviously looked and saw it was not me. Took my number and said they would be in touch if they needed anything. I got a call later telling me everything was dropped and I was clear. So that's all I know. Documents are all being mailed to me.

It’s a skill they learn. I promise they are laughing their asses off in private.

Gurandamntee the bailiff and judge crack lots of jokes at these people’s expense. Anyone ever needs some chess as p entertainment and a way to feel better about yourself, go spend an hour in one of these courtrooms and enjoy the show.

Actually. Don’t do that. Now that I think about it, it seems kind of creepy.

Reactions: IACub and Moral
Not entirely. I had to go meet with the prosecutor and tell him what happened. I explained it all, told them I was not hiring representation, and then they reviewed the file. Obviously looked and saw it was not me. Took my number and said they would be in touch if they needed anything. I got a call later telling me everything was dropped and I was clear. So that's all I know. Documents are all being mailed to me.

Nice!!!! Glad it worked out for you. That could have gotten real messy.

Reactions: Moral and ping72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT