ADVERTISEMENT

Well boyz, I'm getting back in the dating game!

She mentioned moving out of state as well. She's originally from upstate New York.

Several times in the past, I've gone on more dates with someone I didn't really fit with on the first date and it never worked out. I usually know within 10 minutes if there will be chemistry or not. I also felt bad because I was sort of leading them on by going out with them again after I wasn't interested.

How does a person know if they should get married?

I never want to have kids so that's probably a good sign I'm not called to marriage until I'm old. :)

To be fair if you don't want kids and are intent on upholding your church's teachings on contraception it is probably for the best that you don't marry.

Because it's going to be extremely difficult to have a sexual relationship with your wife, use no contraceptives, and expect that she will never be pregnant.

Reactions: BrianNole777
To be fair if you don't want kids and are intent on upholding your church's teachings on contraception it is probably for the best that you don't marry.

Because it's going to be extremely difficult to have a sexual relationship with your wife, use no contraceptives, and expect that she will never be pregnant.

I'm sterile so I could get married without contracepting.

How did you know you wanted to get married?

Multiple ways . . . I didn't want to live alone or be alone my whole life but also didn't want to live my whole life with parents or friends. I wanted to have kids and I wanted to have sex.

Did you ever live alone?

I've lived alone for 10 years now and think it's pretty great overall...very simple.

Dude, you get coffee at Starbucks with a woman. If she asks for an extra pump of cream that's her telling you she wants to have sex. You threw her off with the water.

Coffee gives me the Hershey squirts, brah.

Plus, caffeine makes me stay up all night.

You went on a "date" and only had water?

Yeah you can't do that man. I would think most girls would fine you not very interesting and boring just ordering a water.

Grow a set and at least drink something with a little character.

Anyways, how old are you? Never been married? Ever in a serious relationship?

Ever heard of the Sisters of the Presentation? I may have someone for you.

Did you ever live alone?

I've lived alone for 10 years now and think it's pretty great overall...very simple.

When I was in college I decided to stay at my apartment near the school one thanksgiving break instead of going home.

First couple days was fun, just played video games and watched movies. Started to get lonely the 3rd day. 4th day I drove to Wal-Mart and just walked around so I could be around people.

A few times my wife was out of town or I was recovering from COVID and living in my parent's RV so I didn't expose anyone but was still working. Each of those times I would start to get pretty lonely around the 3rd day. And my ways of coping with that loneliness and usually involve eating excessive amounts of food.

Yeah you can't do that man. I would think most girls would fine you not very interesting and boring just ordering a water.

Grow a set and at least drink something with a little character.

Anyways, how old are you? Never been married? Ever in a serious relationship?

Ever heard of the Sisters of the Presentation? I may have someone for you.

If she finds water boring, that's fine. We wouldn't be a match.

I'm 41. I've been in a relationship.

I've never heard of the Sisters of Presentation.

When I was in college I decided to stay at my apartment near the school one thanksgiving break instead of going home.

First couple days was fun, just played video games and watched movies. Started to get lonely the 3rd day. 4th day I drove to Wal-Mart and just walked around so I could be around people.

A few times my wife was out of town or I was recovering from COVID and living in my parent's RV so I didn't expose anyone but was still working. Each of those times I would start to get pretty lonely around the 3rd day. And my ways of coping with that loneliness and usually involve eating excessive amounts of food.

It's great you got married. 👍

I've never heard of the Sisters of Presentation.

Our Heritage​

The religious community that would become the Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary was founded in Cork, Ireland, by Honora “Nano” Nagle on Christmas Eve, 1775. In a 1769 letter to a friend, Nano Nagle wrote, “If I could be of any service in saving souls in any part of the globe, I would willingly do all in my power.” Nano’s service in the winding lanes quickly earned her the title “The Lady of the Lantern” as she visited the sick, comforted the sorrowing and educated children in the hedgerows. The light of her legacy calls us to go where need calls most loudly and to challenge ourselves to serve one pace beyond.

While Nano’s example inspired several other founders of religious orders in Ireland, her sisters also established additional religious foundations in several countries around the world. In 1874 Mother Vincent Hennessy left the Presentation convent in Mooncoin, Ireland, with three young women, to teach the immigrant children of Iowa, establishing the Dubuque Presentation community. Mother Vincent inspired others to live out the Presentation motto, Caritas (love for all). Despite challenging beginnings, the Dubuque Presentation community flourished.

Today, Dubuque Presentation Sisters are involved in educational and pastoral ministries and service to others. Sisters minister in urban and rural areas in the United States and in O’Connor Province of Tarija, Bolivia. Worldwide, over 2000 Presentation Sisters and numerous associates work in 23 countries and network globally through the International Presentation Association.

Our Heritage​

The religious community that would become the Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary was founded in Cork, Ireland, by Honora “Nano” Nagle on Christmas Eve, 1775. In a 1769 letter to a friend, Nano Nagle wrote, “If I could be of any service in saving souls in any part of the globe, I would willingly do all in my power.” Nano’s service in the winding lanes quickly earned her the title “The Lady of the Lantern” as she visited the sick, comforted the sorrowing and educated children in the hedgerows. The light of her legacy calls us to go where need calls most loudly and to challenge ourselves to serve one pace beyond.

While Nano’s example inspired several other founders of religious orders in Ireland, her sisters also established additional religious foundations in several countries around the world. In 1874 Mother Vincent Hennessy left the Presentation convent in Mooncoin, Ireland, with three young women, to teach the immigrant children of Iowa, establishing the Dubuque Presentation community. Mother Vincent inspired others to live out the Presentation motto, Caritas (love for all). Despite challenging beginnings, the Dubuque Presentation community flourished.

Today, Dubuque Presentation Sisters are involved in educational and pastoral ministries and service to others. Sisters minister in urban and rural areas in the United States and in O’Connor Province of Tarija, Bolivia. Worldwide, over 2000 Presentation Sisters and numerous associates work in 23 countries and network globally through the International Presentation Association.

Do you know them or something?

Not sure this has been talked about because this is a long thread but did OP bang this chick? If not, go on a second date and if not then go on a 3rd. If there is no puss after date 3 then tell her to kick rocks

As a rule, documentary films about the lives of saints tend to send a chill up my spine, as they remind me of my freshman year in college, when I was duped into going to see the russian language film Andrei Rublev (black and white, with white subtitles on snow), at 0800 on a saturday morning with a massive hangover, in a biology lab that smelled strongly of formaldehyde.

As a rule, documentary films about the lives of saints tend to send a chill up my spine, as they remind me of my freshman year in college, when I was duped into going to see the russian language film Andrei Rublev (black and white, with white subtitles on snow), at 0800 on a saturday morning with a massive hangover, in a biology lab that smelled strongly of formaldehyde.

Here's a good one. :)

Not sure this has been talked about because this is a long thread but did OP bang this chick? If not, go on a second date and if not then go on a 3rd. If there is no puss after date 3 then tell her to kick rocks

Not confirmed, but someone said they walked by a rocking Corolla near a Starbucks and said they heard someone saying 'Who's your Father, Who's your Father"

Nope. They all seem pretty successful with women, and none have a 'D' or 'L' on their forehead.

How about your priest?

The Church teaches that celibacy is a better vocation than marriage.

Last edited:
How about your priest?

The Church teaches that celibacy is a better vocation than marriage.

marriage-relationships-celibacy-celibates-abstain-monk-chastity-smin181_low.jpg

• Haha
Is it possible this woman is an ex nun? If so, you may have a real gem. The ones I've met over the years were terrific people - engaging and very intelligent. Many years ago the Catholic high school I attended would always have two or three girls going off to the convent. Kiddingly the guys would always say that they were the best looking!

Is it possible this woman is an ex nun? If so, you may have a real gem. The ones I've met over the years were terrific people - engaging and very intelligent. Many years ago the Catholic high school I attended would always have two or three girls going off to the convent. Kiddingly the guys would always say that they were the best looking!

She's not but I asked if she was discerning. She went on a retreat and decided it wasn't for her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT