ADVERTISEMENT

Well boyz, I'm getting back in the dating game!

I hope to find someone that obeys all Church teachings.

The Church doesn't tell us how to vote. We're supposed to vote our conscience and I can't vote for Trump. Regardless, I live in Maryland and the state will go Democrat regardless.

Politics is way low on my interests especially since I can't do anything about it.

Are you really a Knight? I thought you were more worldly into politics and anti-vaccine stuff rather than theology.

How often do you pray?
K of C...new money. Mrs. A is a Dame of the SMOM. ;)

Seriously though, the KoC does fantastic work.

The Church doesn't tell us how to vote. We're supposed to vote our conscience and I can't vote for Trump. Regardless, I live in Maryland and the state will go Democrat regardless.

Politics is way low on my interests especially since I can't do anything about it.

Are you really a Knight? I thought you were more worldly into politics and anti-vaccine stuff rather than theology.

How often do you pray?
Yup, I'm really a Knight.

I don't really care about how you vote. If you are as devout as you claim, you wouldn't need to mention the Church doesn't tell you how to vote. There are other options than Trump that don't support abortion. It's a cop out to say your state will go Democrat and how you vote doesn't matter. I despise hypocrisy more than I dislike misguided political beliefs.

Why do you want to know how often I pray? You should be worried about your own soul. Reconciliation is a pre-requisite to the other sacraments.

Yup, I'm really a Knight.

I don't really care about how you vote. If you are as devout as you claim, you wouldn't need to mention the Church doesn't tell you how to vote. There are other options than Trump that don't support abortion. It's a cop out to say your state will go Democrat and how you vote doesn't matter. I despise hypocrisy more than I dislike misguided political beliefs.

Why do you want to know how often I pray? You should be worried about your own soul. Reconciliation is a pre-requisite to the other sacraments.

I'm worried about your soul, too.

Your obsession with worldly politics won't do you any good in eternity. Pray as much as you can.

JMHO.

How ol
Certainly, it's been a long time. Dating can be brutal so I quit for a few years.

I'm talking to a 30 year old woman on a Catholic message board that lives 10 miles from me near Washington D.C. She seems nice. She's a daily Mass goer. Wow! I have no idea what she looks like so no pics. Sorry.

I'm going to ask her if she wants to meet at either a Starbucks or outdoor area where we can sit and look at a lake if she messages me back.

I told about 20 family and friends I have weekend evenings open so I'm down to date if they know anyone.

My only requirements are someone who is extremely Catholic, has no kids, a job and preferably no pets.

Women are taking over the workforce now so if she's a doctor or lawyer, that's a bonus.

Wish me luck!

CSB.
How old are you?

How often do you pray?

What state are you in? I will try and see if they are on the ballot in that state. I know they recently got approved on the ballot in Ohio.

I would likely be voting for them if I wasn't so concerned with Trump.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Ahh, Vatican roulette. If you two end up in purgatory I will offer up all my ejaculations to get you over the threshold and into the promised land…
I have to say, before Mrs. A and I got married oh those many years ago, we had to go to the "Engaged Encounters" (Pre-Cana) weekend program offered by the diocese, held at some local chain motel outside of Baltimore. There were two rather hilarious moments.

First, at one point they brought this relatively young couple in to talk about natural family planning. Naturally, they had like 3-4 kids, but they were trying so hard in their testimonial, with the husband saying "it really works!" and the wife literally sitting there crying.

I was personally a catalyst in the second. At the conclusion of one session, they decided that we should all spend a few minutes contemplating whatever the content was they'd just gone over (I forget), and to "help" us in that endeavor, they were going to put some music on that the presenter couple was really fond of. Well, they chose about THE WORST 70s ERA CATHOLIC FOLK SONG YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE. So, I'm immediately sweating, I'm shaking, and my face is literally turning red as I'm trying to squelch the laughter. I look around, and frankly, so are most of the other red-blooded American males in the room, and the future Mrs. A is squeezing my hand VERY tightly. But then it happened. You see, in most music, the lyricist generally tries to give a nod to classic poetic conventions like a rhyme scheme. Sometimes, it's ABAB, sometimes it's ABBA, but it's usually pretty conventional and pretty predictable. Well, for whatever reason, the lyricist for this particular song decided it would be a good idea to use a rhyme scheme that was sort of along the lines of ABA...F. So when we got to the fourth line of the already bad lyrics, and I'm expecting B (because that's what thousands of years of poetic conventional conditioning does to a person), and they hit me with F, I simply couldn't contain myself any longer and just burst out in full throated, uncontrolled laughter. And of course, that caused all the other men in the room to do so while their fiances shook their heads and the instructors sat their with a puzzled look on their faces. When we went to the break, future Mrs. A just turned to me and said, "they ****ing deserved that."

You've been warned, Brian.

I just sent her this message:

"Would you like to meet for tea sometime at Starbucks?

I have most Monday, Friday and Saturdays free after 5 P.M. beginning next week except for Monday, September 9 which is a family dinner. I could also meet on a Tuesday after 4 P.M. if that would work.

If you let me know what area of town you're in, I'll find a spot."

Reactions: beanerhawk

I have most Monday, Friday and Saturdays free after 5 P.M. beginning next week except for Monday, September 9 which is a family dinner.

Starbucks? Starbucks?!

For God's sake get a coffee at Et Voila on MacArthur Boulevard. At least you can split a fantastic dessert if things are going well, or flip to the St. Bernardus Abt 12 if they're not.

Reactions: Finance85
Seriously. The abortion issues is a strawman issue. 99.9% of unwanted pregnancies are TOTALLY preventable. What the two parties SHOULD be pushing is that fact. Lets prevent the unwanted pregnancies in the first place AND start holding men accountable for the times in which they get a woman pregnant and ditch her.
This is a subject that really gets me worked up. I agree that so much more needs to be done in making birth control more accessible and more affordable. And I really agree that we need to start holding non custodial parents' (largely men) feet to the fire when it comes to supporting their kids. BUT, I am 100% not willing to start specifying when it is acceptable and when it is not acceptable to end a pregnancy. There are too many variables and I am not willing to put even one woman at risk in order to impose my values on someone else. I've not always been in that mindset and I am not proud of that. But when you know better you do better and that is where I am right now.

This is a subject that really gets me worked up. I agree that so much more needs to be done in making birth control more accessible and more affordable. And I really agree that we need to start holding non custodial parents' (largely men) feet to the fire when it comes to supporting their kids. BUT, I am 100% not willing to start specifying when it is acceptable and when it is not acceptable to end a pregnancy. There are too many variables and I am not willing to put even one woman at risk in order to impose my values on someone else. I've not always been in that mindset and I am not proud of that. But when you know better you do better and that is where I am right now.

Understood.

Do you think abortion is killing?

Reactions: Hawkman34
Understood.

Do you think abortion is killing?
Honestly, I am not sure. For me personally it would have felt like that. But I can say that from a privileged perspective of having never gotten pregnant when I didn't want to be. Hell, I had trouble getting pregnant when I wanted so the entire concept of unwanted pregnancy is a little foreign. But I don't view it as killing in the same way that I would view the murder of a born child. I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and while it was awful it was nothing compared to the fear of something happening to my sons that are here. My overarching feeling is that it's just not my place to decide how another person must feel about it. There's no real consensus even among religions on when a fetus becomes a person and one of the founding principles of our country is separation of church and state. So I get to decide what my morals say about the issue and others get to decide on theirs.

Honestly, I am not sure. For me personally it would have felt like that. But I can say that from a privileged perspective of having never gotten pregnant when I didn't want to be. Hell, I had trouble getting pregnant when I wanted so the entire concept of unwanted pregnancy is a little foreign. But I don't view it as killing in the same way that I would view the murder of a born child. I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and while it was awful it was nothing compared to the fear of something happening to my sons that are here. My overarching feeling is that it's just not my place to decide how another person must feel about it. There's no real consensus even among religions on when a fetus becomes a person and one of the founding principles of our country is separation of church and state. So I get to decide what my morals say about the issue and others get to decide on theirs.

The scientific consensus is that life begins at fertilization. Just FYI. :)

Reactions: Hawkman34
Thanks.

Did you say a short prayer for me yet?
no, but I'll be happy to if you'd like.

You'll be right behind Aardvark Jr. in line. He was dating a Polish girl down at UVA he met at Catholic Hoos, but it didn't last. Felt bad because her dad sent me a bottle of Scotch, out of no where. When they broke up, she apparently said, "why are all the guys I date such jerks," which took Jr. aback a bit. I did go to Assumption mass with him last week down there on my way back to Big Lex - those Dominicans really do put on a pretty good show.

I have most Monday, Friday and Saturdays free after 5 P.M. beginning next week except for Monday, September 9 which is a family dinner. I could also meet on a Tuesday after 4 P.M. if that would work.

I ‘m not saying Starbucks isn’t a nice place, but is there an upscale coffee shop close?

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
This subject gets me worked up as well. But, I am 100% not willing to watch as millions of babies in the 2nd and 3rd trimester are murdered for the sake of convinience (notice that I did not say because of the life of the mother, rape or incest) and this is especially hard knowing...again that 99.9% of ALL unwanted pregnancies are preventable. Now, I know this is a terribly devisive subject. And quite honestly, it is hard to be on the side of life...bucause those that are not, are way more vocal.

I have worked with "Birthright" for many. many years. And, we NEVER had a woman come in where we told them they could not get an abortion. We only supported them when they would come in and needed help. We have had many women come back and tell us that our kindness saved their babies life.

Look at it this way, what do I even gain by being on the side of life? I could just as easily say, screw it. But, I TRULY believe in the life of the baby, and that knowledge came from my Mother (who was my Hero). That is why I am so adament that we need to get people the protection and knowledge they need for safe sex AND get men to understand that if they get a gal pregnant and she wants the baby...THEY will be on the hook to be there financially. If we did those two things well......this issue would cease to exist as it does now. And, finally.....I will fight with everything I have to make sure that my tax dollars NEVER pay for any abortion. If you want an abortion, it's simply not going to be on my dime.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianNole777
For a blind first date? Yep.

In D.C. traffic, driving 10 miles can take over an hour.

If the first date goes well, I'll find a better spot for #2.
Damn it Brian take a chance on love! FFS, Sean missed Pudge's game six homer, and Will gave up a prestigious job and drove from Boston to California, just to see about a girl. Drive your ass down there, and take her somewhere better than Starbucks. As a recovering Catholic, I'll even say a prayer for you.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
Certainly, it's been a long time. Dating can be brutal so I quit for a few years.

I'm talking to a 30 year old woman on a Catholic message board that lives 10 miles from me near Washington D.C. She seems nice. She's a daily Mass goer. Wow! I have no idea what she looks like so no pics. Sorry.

I'm going to ask her if she wants to meet at either a Starbucks or outdoor area where we can sit and look at a lake if she messages me back.

I told about 20 family and friends I have weekend evenings open so I'm down to date if they know anyone.

My only requirements are someone who is extremely Catholic, has no kids, a job and preferably no pets.

Women are taking over the workforce now so if she's a doctor or lawyer, that's a bonus.

Wish me luck!

CSB.
Well there you go.

I met my future wife-to-be in a confessional line. I could over hear her confession and decided, "Well, there's the girl for me!" 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT