ADVERTISEMENT

Well, bye (Sandfort)

BlIIlken2

HB Heisman
Nov 23, 2021

911.gif

How long until Fran bolts?

Weezy did this once or twice. Just part of the process at this point.

Yes, likely he is coming back. IF his Brother wasn't at Iowa, I would also be worried about him Portaling out. He's a good shooter....if that ex-Rutger's guy Spencer can be reinvented at a school at UCONN when surrounded by talent, I think the same would be true of Sandfort. He would be a NIL worthy 3rd or 4th scorer on a better team.

I think the Swarm goal is $1 million for men's basketball...don't know how close we are, but makes sense the current guys like Payton, Josh, Freeman would all be worth >$100K on NIL open market, so a good chunk of our NIL money would have to go to retaining the guys we have.

Yes, likely he is coming back. IF his Brother wasn't at Iowa, I would also be worried about him Portaling out. He's a good shooter....if that ex-Rutger's guy Spencer can be reinvented at a school at UCONN when surrounded by talent, I think the same would be true of Sandfort. He would be a NIL worthy 3rd or 4th scorer on a better team.

I think the Swarm goal is $1 million for men's basketball...don't know how close we are, but makes sense the current guys like Payton, Josh, Freeman would all be worth >$100K on NIL open market, so a good chunk of our NIL money would have to go to retaining the guys we have.
So do we offer Saucy T $300K to come back?🤪 Or would that blow our budget?

By May 29th, you'll see 2 words in quotation marks on the Iowa website from Payton Sandford. "I'm Back" bank on it.
Another year playing with his brother is something that can't be measured in money.

I'm not seeing it, but good for him if a team wants to take a late second round chance on him.
As most have said, though, this is probably just the free eval he's looking to get like a lot of players take advantage of.

I think coaches who have enriched themselves on the backs of their players should fund the NILs. Can coaches contribute to the swarm?

I think the tweet should say "Payton will explore the draft process." The odds are more than likely that he returns to school.
Not that I'm an expert on this but I've heard some experts call this the "worst draft ever" which could have the effect of having Sandfort land in a draft position he normally wouldn't get. This could mean if he waits to go until next year he could actually perform better next season but lose draft positions simply because of the players coming out after next season.

He'll be back with the Hawkeyes next season. If we could get a stellar guard and a decent big man through the portal, we could be a pretty good team next year.

What teams did you watch?
I caught the Bulls/Pacers - Ayo Dosunmu (IL) played well for the Bulls, if he continues to find his stroke he will do well in the league for a long time since he already plays great defense. Andre Drummond played for the Bulls - former Uconn player who must be pushing 300 lbs and change. I don't watch a lot of NBA on TV either, but like the NFL - when you see these players in person you have a real appreciation for their speed/size.

I caught the Bulls/Pacers - Ayo Dosunmu (IL) played well for the Bulls, if he continues to find his stroke he will do well in the league for a long time since he already plays great defense. Andre Drummond played for the Bulls - former Uconn player who must be pushing 300 lbs and change. I don't watch a lot of NBA on TV either, but like the NFL - when you see these players in person you have a real appreciation for their speed/size.
I didn't like Ayo because he was a rival of ours lol, but I'm glad he's doing well in Chi-Town. I wish Sacramento had Drummond. He would be a nice backup for Sabonis. He had a nice double-double vs the Hawks last game. I hope to catch an NBA game someday live.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk

Sandfort knows nothing about defense. It is not his fault. But it is true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT