ADVERTISEMENT

Well, there goes my year

Hey dipstick, do you remember when the US killed the legitimate, elected leader of Iran?
Would you forever love and appreciate the Iranians if they had done that to us?

Clarification. We didn't assassinate their leader. We fomented a coup in '53, installed a monarch, and Mossedegh (the prime minister who nationalized the oil fields) died under house arrest in 1967.

The important part is the coup and the puppet government. What we're dealing with now is the consequence of that first meddling.

That's why it is a hoot when people complain about Iran interfering in our meddling in Iraq, or Syria, or Yemen, or...

Iran can see it how they want and call him whatever they want.
What would you (and Iran) call leading an attack on our embassy in Iraq? What would you (and Iran) call leading attacks on our troops in the region for years?
Bc I, and I'm sure Iran would agree, would consider those acts of war.
Our responding aggressively to their actions doesnt mean we're provoking Iran, it means we're only going to put up with so much from them and they know it.
Wait...so Iranians attacked our embassy in Iraq....or are you talking 1978? Is there actual proof of this or is this just something Trump said? Because I don't believe anything he says. I was dumb enough to believe what Bush was saying and it isn't happening again with a full on liar. This whole thing has been predicted for months...Trump is going to get us into a war with Iran. Like the Bush Republican war machine, this Trump war machine wants this.

And weeks ago the Democrats were called warmongers. Unreal.

Reactions: Moral
Amazing how many right wing trolls show up in threads like these.
Because they were invited by a couple of our resident righties. One has been around awhile and the other very recently. They are linking the thread to the idiots on The Main Board to help them argue against "faggity libs". khael has been whining over there for weeks trying to get them to come over.

You're expecting us to believe something Pompeo said? Holy Hell, dude.
I forgot you guys are special here. The West Point Valedictorian, Harvard Law genius Secretary of State is just lying for the Big Bad Orange Man LOL. Maybe if he had his own private illegal bathroom server you would find him more credible.

Reactions: tellin the truth
Now you’re dismissing the fake video that you were using to support your argument and now you want me to explain.
Pulled up the first thing on Twitter. I linked a New York Times article about the firefight just above this post if you'd like to educate yourself.

If history has taught us nothing else, Neocons are LIARS who will do anything to start a war no matter how dishonest or how unamerican. They are insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE_DEVIL and Moral
If history has taught us nothing else, Neocons are LIARS who will do anything to start a war no matter how dishonest or how unamerican. They are insane.
Good thing Trump isn't a neocon. Remember when your media masters told you to go crazy about troops being pulled out of Syria?

Trump will not get re-elected if he starts a war right now. Americans are war-weary and he ran on getting us out of the foreign occupations/wars.

He has surrounded himself with neocon garbage. Im not sure he is running foreign policy.

Amazing how many right wing trolls show up in threads like these.

Because they were invited by a couple of our resident righties. One has been around awhile and the other very recently. They are linking the thread to the idiots on The Main Board to help them argue against "faggity libs". khael has been whining over there for weeks trying to get them to come over.

Make HROT Premium Again.
@TomKakert @Blair Sanderson

Last edited:
As of yesterday, you were "all in" on Republicans considering Russia an ally.
Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg

Reactions: Razorhawk2
On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Your World,” Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said it was “much more likely” that Iran, its militias, and proxies will attack the United States in the wake of the death of Qasem Soleimani and reacted to President Trump sending more troops to the region by saying, “If you don’t want perpetual war, you don’t keep sending more targets over there.”

Paul said, “I think the problem is that there is an open question whether or not attacks from Iran are more or less likely. You can say that Soleimani was plotting to attack the U.S., that may well be true. But with his death, do you think it’s more or less likely that Iran and their militias and their proxies will attack the U.S? I would argue that it’s much more likely.”

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Your World,” Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said it was “much more likely” that Iran, its militias, and proxies will attack the United States in the wake of the death of Qasem Soleimani and reacted to President Trump sending more troops to the region by saying, “If you don’t want perpetual war, you don’t keep sending more targets over there.”

Paul said, “I think the problem is that there is an open question whether or not attacks from Iran are more or less likely. You can say that Soleimani was plotting to attack the U.S., that may well be true. But with his death, do you think it’s more or less likely that Iran and their militias and their proxies will attack the U.S? I would argue that it’s much more likely.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/01/qassem-soleimani-death-missed/604396/

Yet in parts of the Middle East, the reaction was different. Soleimani, a man thought of as invincible and all-powerful in the region, was killed at about 1 a.m. local time, just as he was leaving Baghdad airport. By 4:30 a.m., a group of Iraqis was marching—running, even—though the country’s capital carrying a large Iraqi flag, celebrating his death. In one video, a man’s voice can be heard lauding the killing, saying the deaths of Iraqi protesters had been avenged.

Let’s be clear: Soleimani’s death sharply increases tensions in the Middle East. Just a few days ago, protesters breached the walls of the U.S. embassy in Baghdad. As Kathy Gilsinan and Mike Giglio note, his killing is more consequential than that of Osama bin Laden or Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, because he has an entire state that could seek to avenge him.

The Soleimani Assassination Is America’s Most Consequential Strike This Century
KATHY GILSINAN MIKE GIGLIO

Soleimani was respected and feared, seen as either the evil mastermind behind policies of death and destruction or the genius architect of Iran’s expansionist policies. He was also hated, not only by Sunnis who suffered at the hands of his proxy militias in Syria and Iraq, but also by fellow Shias, including some in Iraq and Iran, where he helped uphold a repressive system and was seen as the man responsible for Iran’s role in costly wars abroad. He was not simply on a mission to undo the unsatisfying score of the Iran-Iraq war and make up for the conflict’s devastating death toll and the humiliation it served his country; he had become the mission, the upholder of the Islamic revolution, keeping it alive for Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. (Soleimani was also key to defeating the Islamic State, but this served very specific purposes for the Iranian commander.)

Read: The Soleimani assassination is America’s most consequential strike this century

More recently, in Iraq, he was instrumental in the violent crackdown against protests that had erupted in October. The protesters’ ire targeted not only the corruption and mismanagement of their own politicians, but Iran’s role in both, as well as its overbearing control over the country through proxy Shiite militias loyal to Tehran. “We in Iran know how to deal with protesters,” Soleimani had reportedly told Iraqi officials in October. “This happened in Iran and we got it under control.” Though Iraqis have continued to take to the streets, more than 500 of them have been killed. Demonstrations in Iran were also brutally crushed—more than 1,000 died in the crackdown there, according to Iranian officials.

In Lebanon too, protests that began in October were initially focused on corruption, mismanagement, and sectarianism, but quickly took on an anti-Iran undertone. The Shiite militia and political party Hezbollah, a key ally and proxy of Iran since the ’80s, had become all-powerful in politics, a part of the establishment, and therefore was also a target of the protesters’ anger. It responded by sending thugs, or at least allowing them to repeatedly face off with protesters using bats and sticks. Notably, Soleimani had reportedly just flown into Baghdad from Beirut.

Ts&Ps for anyone’s 2020 being ruined on day 3.

Since I haven’t served in the military, according to this thread, I am not qualified to comment on the developing situation in Iran.

I’ll continue to sit back and enjoy the usual partisan, back and forth, banter of HROT.
Lol.

Reactions: Moral
Most of them in the urban areas hate it. Like Trumpism, its support is in the uneducated and backward countryside.
You’re obviously not from Iowa. I think by uneducated, you mean not indoctrinated. What passes for education today is laughable. I guess backwards means not approving of turning your country into something resembling third world. Have you paid any attention to what’s going on in Western nations across the world? I’m sure that you approve of the Macron and Merkle’s destruction of their countries but many who don’t hate their country will pass on that. Perhaps you would be happier somewhere like Paris or Germany. Freedom and prosperity isn’t for everyone it appears.

Reactions: royhobbs2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT