ADVERTISEMENT

Well, there goes my year

Following up on this, here is an article that Bloomberg news posted at 9:01 PM central time on January 2nd:

U.S. Says It Killed Iranian General to Protect Americans
By Kim Chipman

(Bloomberg) -- The U.S. has killed Qasem Soleimani, head of the Iranian
Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, “to protect U.S. personnel abroad,”
Defense Dept says in statement.

“Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American
diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region,”
statement says

“This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The
United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our
people and our interests wherever they are around the world”
Top Iranian Commander Is Killed in U.S. Airstrike in Baghdad

To contact the reporter on this story:
Kim Chipman in Chicago at kchipman@bloomberg.net

Did @MitchLL ever respond? I'm curious where he heard the conflicting statements from.

A president, impeached by the peoples house, circumventing their authority (legally) in order to get Iran to respond in a manner where congess must give him power to act.

It's not a dumb move, just evil.

A president, impeached by the peoples house, circumventing their authority (legally) in order to get Iran to respond in a manner where congess must give him power to act.

It's not a dumb move, just evil.
Not officially impeached yet. Vodka Nance is holding the articles hostage because it's all a fraud and she knows it.

Reactions: tellin the truth
Says a member of the party that criticized Trump for not picking a fight with the Russians over Ukraine or with the Turks over the Kurds.

Stop being a hypocrite!
This so many times over. They just come down opposite Trump, no matter what. They are all liars and schemers who contribute nothing positive to our society. They make the world a much more dangerous place and they're too stupid to understand how and why.

Did @MitchLL ever respond? I'm curious where he heard the conflicting statements from.
Believe it or not, I watch Fox on occasion. The report last nite was the strike was in response to embassy attack. Today, Col. Jack Keane proclaimed they had information that another attack was "imminent". I'm guessing that they're just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.

Believe it or not, I watch Fox on occasion. The report last nite was the strike was in response to embassy attack. Today, Col. Jack Keane proclaimed they had information that another attack was "imminent". I'm guessing that they're just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.
Uh yeah. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

This so many times over. They just come down opposite Trump, no matter what. They are all liars and schemers who contribute nothing positive to our society. They make the world a much more dangerous place and they're too stupid to understand how and why.

And you call someone else a liar? Jfc, keep reading your post, eventually you will figure out what the lies in this post is.

So Bloomberg reporting last night the same thing being thrown out today doesn't trump (pun intended) Fox News?

The narrative is changing by the hour. Given the history of this WH. difficult to believe anything.
What has changed? Lay it out for us.

The U.S. Department of Defense released the following statement about Thursday night's attack in Iraq:

"At the direction of the President, the U.S. military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.

"General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months - including the attack on December 27th - culminating in the death and wounding of additional American and Iraqi personnel. General Soleimani also approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad that took place this week. This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world."

Not officially impeached yet. Vodka Nance is holding the articles hostage because it's all a fraud and she knows it.
No. He's impeached. He isn't convicted. Maybe read yourself a textbook and worry less about name calling. Typical Trump supporter here folks.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
You are probably right here. This was done to get us into the war with Iran that Trump and his cronies wanted. This was done to get us that war.
I don't see it and DT has not been a president that has been inclined to get into wars thus far. I don't think it's how he wants to operate. If they wanted to go to war with Iran, just do it, we could find plenty of justification.
I'm hopeful this drone strike is exactly how we operate going forward. You attack our troops, civilians and interests throughout the world, and we're going to drop a bomb on the head of the person responsible. We can inflict a lot of fear and damage to the causes of violent enemies throughout the world when they think a bomb could land on them at any moment. I'm not talking political enemies, I'm talking about those actually leading physical attacks and harming americans or our interests like this now dead pos was.

So Bloomberg reporting last night the same thing being thrown out today doesn't trump (pun intended) Fox News?
I'm not talking about the news sources, I am talking about the messages from the Defense Department/ WH.

I'm not talking about the news sources, I am talking about the messages from the Defense Department/ WH.
You mean like the one that I posted? This post is ironic considering that you’re spouting fake news talking points in direct contradiction to the DOD statement.

I don't see it and DT has not been a president that has been inclined to get into wars thus far. I don't think it's how he wants to operate. If they wanted to go to war with Iran, just do it, we could find plenty of justification.
I'm hopeful this drone strike is exactly how we operate going forward. You attack our troops, civilians and interests throughout the world, and we're going to drop a bomb on the head of the person responsible. We can inflict a lot of fear and damage to the causes of violent enemies throughout the world when they think a bomb could land on them at any moment. I'm not talking political enemies, I'm talking about those actually leading physical attacks and harming americans or our interests like this now dead pos was.
Nobody is arguing this dude wasn't a bad guy and the world is better that the murderer is gone. Having said that, Trump is pulling us into a war with Iran, either on purpose, or on accident. Like others have stated, we (USA) didn't kill the leader of a terrorist organization. We killed an established government leader, on purpose. Iran looks at it as an act of war. They aren't going to sit back and take it and I am watching military and national security guys saying it. Either on purpose or on accident, and I don't know what is worse, Trump just got us into a war with Iran...which many predicted he would do, and ironically he said Obama would do, and why, in 2011.

Nobody is arguing this dude wasn't a bad guy and the world is better that the murderer is gone. Having said that, Trump is pulling us into a war with Iran, either on purpose, or on accident. Like others have stated, we (USA) didn't kill the leader of a terrorist organization. We killed an established government leader, on purpose. Iran looks at it as an act of war. They aren't going to sit back and take it and I am watching military and national security guys saying it. Either on purpose or on accident, and I don't know what is worse, Trump just got us into a war with Iran...which many predicted he would do, and ironically he said Obama would do, and why, in 2011.
Iran can see it how they want and call him whatever they want.
What would you (and Iran) call leading an attack on our embassy in Iraq? What would you (and Iran) call leading attacks on our troops in the region for years?
Bc I, and I'm sure Iran would agree, would consider those acts of war.
Our responding aggressively to their actions doesnt mean we're provoking Iran, it means we're only going to put up with so much from them and they know it.

Lawrence Tribe LOL. That guy's brain is so infected with TDS he can't see straight.
So a right wing lawyer's word is gospel but one who leans left is infected with TDS? I would ask if you realize how stupid you sound but I already know the answer.

So a right wing lawyer's word is gospel but one who leans left is infected with TDS? I would ask if you realize how stupid you sound but I already know the answer.
Uhhh, Noah Feldman was a star impeachment witness for the Dems you doofus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT