ADVERTISEMENT

Well, there goes my year

Trump says a lot of dumb things, and he does a lot of dumb things. I'm pretty sure he's still saying dumb things (mixed in with some smart things) during any strategy session. I'm also pretty sure there are people around him that know how to persuade him away from some of the REALLY dumb ideas he may have, while also shaping a more appropriate response.
You mean like when a bunch of people tried to tell him not to withhold the Ukraine aid but he did it anyways then got impeached over it?

I used to hope what you said was happening, but it's become rather clear over the last few years that he simply eliminates people that disagree with him.

Reactions: Rudolph and srams21
Not sure why you brought me into this but I guess I should be honored somehow that you value my opinions so much. Given that, I'll offer you some more opinions.
Because you seem like one of the few level headed "right leaning" posters on this board.

1) The OP is currently serving my country and I respect that service. Hence, you haven't seen me popping off at anybody other than JoesPlace in this thread. I may not agree with the alarmist nature of the OP, but he's serving and I'm not. If this *DOES* escalate, it will be bad for all of us, but in particular it would be worse for those serving in the military.

2) While you may not have said this, many from the left are declaring this airstrike as being "Trump *STARTING* a war" or some such nonsense. I'd remind you that the United States is retaliating for many things here, but most recently this man's organization of an attack on our Embassy. Never mind all of the attacks against the US military in the past and many dead soldiers.

3) In the grand scheme of things, Iran is evil and the US is good. I'll back the good guys.

I think you missed my point. Maybe I did a poor job illustrating it. Either way, you have a current military serviceman displaying his thoughts on this situation with Iran (agree or disagree with OP's thoughts) and now you have right leaning posters calling those who serve pussies. This is coming from a group and party who like to tout how American and loyal they are. Yet, amazingly we have right leaning posters here who did NOT serve yet are calling those who served pussies.

I am a firm believer that if you are for military actions against another country or regime, you should be also willing to sign up to fight for that cause. In other words, if you want to do the talking, also do the walking. I won't chastise anyone who actually is willing to fight for what they believe in. It just seems like a lot of Trump supporters (many in this thread) are pro military action yet are the first ones to call names to those who disagree and are also unwilling to actually get off their keyboard and do something about it.

Trump says a lot of dumb things, and he does a lot of dumb things. I'm pretty sure he's still saying dumb things (mixed in with some smart things) during any strategy session. I'm also pretty sure there are people around him that know how to persuade him away from some of the REALLY dumb ideas he may have, while also shaping a more appropriate response. Of course, there's never certainty in any of this, and again I'm just a doosh on the Internet debating serious business!

Keep in mind he has also said he's not for wars and as POTUS would do what he could to keep us out of wars... at least I remember that from the campaign. At any rate, you can't pick and choose which Trump quotes from the past you want to claim as true intentions of his while dismissing others. Well, actually, you CAN do that, but it will say a lot about your own cognitive thought process and biases in this matter.
Back then... Mattis and Kelly were around. Two guys that WERE NOT "Yes" men. Now we have Pompeo and Esper. Big difference.

Because you seem like one of the few level headed "right leaning" posters on this board.

I think you missed my point. Maybe I did a poor job illustrating it. Either way, you have a current military serviceman displaying his thoughts on this situation with Iran (agree or disagree with OP's thoughts) and now you have right leaning posters calling those who serve pussies. This is coming from a group and party who like to tout how American and loyal they are. Yet, amazingly we have right leaning posters here who did NOT serve yet are calling those who served pussies.

I am a firm believer that if you are for military actions against another country or regime, you should be also willing to sign up to fight for that cause. In other words, if you want to do the talking, also do the walking. I won't chastise anyone who actually is willing to fight for what they believe in. It just seems like a lot of Trump supporters (many in this thread) are pro military action yet are the first ones to call names to those who disagree and are also unwilling to actually get off their keyboard and do something about it.

source.gif

Reactions: Rudolph and srams21
How much tit for tat is it going to take? Trump has no overall strategy. It's an escalation that seems to be designed to illicit a response.
You have absolutely no idea if this is true or not, its simply your opinion based on your dislike of DT. To act like its factual is ignorant. Military and intell agencies certainly have plans for things like this which is where presidents get their info. DT isnt sitting around a big world map playing real life risk like Hitler did.

Democrats are more pissed about his death than the people of Iran.

THEY ARE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So, when Trump said he was sending troops to "protect the oil fields in SA", everyone got bent out of shape because that "isn't what our troops are meant for". Your response is the exact same thing. The only reason to protect the Strait is so we can have access to the oil in the region. I fear we will never see our troops out the Middle East, ever.

Protecting the free flow of oil is a completely legitimate reason for being there.

So you didn't serve yet want to call others pussies who did serve? Do I have that right?

He is the pussy and a prick(hermaphrodite). And I'll question his motives all day long. As I mentioned earlier, I wore the uniform and served. If he didn't, then he needs to shut the F up about those that did, unless it's to say thank you for your service.

Last edited:
You have absolutely no idea if this is true or not, its simply your opinion based on your dislike of DT. To act like its factual is ignorant. Military and intell agencies certainly have plans for things like this which is where presidents get their info. DT isnt sitting around a big world map playing real life risk like Hitler did.
Also opinion

The guy was a bad guy. Iran is a bad player.

But he also was high up in a recognized country, unlike taking out an ISIS or AQ leader. I mean North Korea and their leaders suck too, so maybe we should send drones in to get them too and see what happens?

So the two things you have to ask are our civilians there and troops there prepared for all out war with Iran at this time? And are we as a nation ready for a big war, with no allies. One that will be more formidable than what we faced as coalition in Gulf War I. I think the answer is no to both. Especially if Russia and China help Iran. And what do you think Russia does in Ukraine and North Korea does whilst we are involved. Nobody in the county is ready for a war. Hoping and praying our troops there stay safe until reinforcements arrive.

Hmm, I see this blew up as quickly as Soleimani.

I'm not reviewing everyone's work since last night, so if I skipped over a post where you "owned" me, sorry. I wasn't going to take the time to respond anyway.

I just want to point out that one can think that he got exactly what he deserved because he was a dangerous SOB AND not trust that the current administration is equipped in any manner to deal with the follow on consequences of yesterday's actions.

There are a ton of questions that should be asked, by military members, normal civilians, Congress, the press and what's left of our allies. To think that this shouldn't be questioned, from the perspective of "OK, so what happens next?" Of the people/person who authorized this is borderline insane. There needs to be a discussion, especially with Congess, and it needs to be out in the open with as much info available as possible.

To just say "Yeah, go America, FU Iran" is a completely indefensible stance, and extraordinarily dangerous. That's almost exactly how we got into the forever wars.

When every single expert on the ME and Iran says something similar to "This was a bad dude who deserved to die, but what's the follow on plan?" people should make it a point to ask questions and listen.

And I guarantee there are no Iran experts on HROT.

I'm not reviewing everyone's work since last night, so if I skipped over a post where you "owned" me, sorry. I wasn't going to take the time to respond anyway.

I just want to point out that one can think that he got exactly what he deserved because he was a dangerous SOB AND not trust that the current administration is equipped in any manner to deal with the follow on consequences of yesterday's actions.

There are a ton of questions that should be asked, by military members, normal civilians, Congress, the press and what's left of our allies. To think that this shouldn't be questioned, from the perspective of "OK, so what happens next?" Of the people/person who authorized this is borderline insane. There needs to be a discussion, especially with Congess, and it needs to be out in the open with as much info available as possible.

To just say "Yeah, go America, FU Iran" is a completely indefensible stance, and extraordinarily dangerous. That's almost exactly how we got into the forever wars.

When every single expert on the ME and Iran says something similar to "This was a bad dude who deserved to die, but what's the follow on plan?" people should make it a point to ask questions and listen.

I knew you wouldn't respond to mine. ;)

I agree with everything you said in this post.

Reactions: Rudolph and SSG T
Nothing like a war to kick off election season.
WTF is wrong with you people? Turn off the fake news and be happy that you have a POTUS that cares about protecting the best interests of American citizens. You probably haven’t seen that in your lifetime and are confused. There isn’t going to be any war so quit listening to the dramatic media and America hating politicians.

WTF is wrong with you people? Turn off the fake news and be happy that you have a POTUS that cares about protecting the best interests of American citizens. You probably haven’t seen that in your lifetime and are confused. There isn’t going to be any war so quit listening to the dramatic media and America hating politicians.

giphy.webp

Do you truly believe those that presented this opportunity to DT have no follow up plan for possible responses from Iran? Do you not think those people have had in depth discussions on how this might play out? Really? Do you think this was just some knee jerk reaction put together by DT?

A good leader, a qualified leader never would have let any of that happen in the first place.
You must not be an Obama fan. It’s amusing watching you guys attempt to paint Trump as an idiotic, bumbling fool. If that’s indeed what he is yet is producing the results that he is, the only explanation for the actions and results of the previous few Presidents is that they intentionally worked against the best interests of this country and it’s citizens and transferred much of its wealth and jobs over seas. You might accidentally stumble into an epiphany here.

Now there's a NEW SPIN to the strike on the Iranian General.

Last evening the WH was saying it was a response to the attack on the Embassy. Today they are saying that U.S. intel had info about some form of an "imminent attack".

I imagine if this doesn't fly that the WH will have a new and improved reason ready to throw out tomorrow.

Just kind of humorous how chaotic the war machine in the West Wing really is.

Last evening the WH was saying it was a response to the attack on the Embassy. Today they are saying that U.S. intel had info about some form of an "imminent attack".

I imagine if this doesn't fly that the WH will have a new and improved reason ready to throw out tomorrow.

Except you're not even telling a true story right now.

Bloomberg news reported at 8:53 PM central time on January 2nd the following:

* U.S. CONFIRMS IT KILLED IRAN GENERAL, SAYS HE PLANNED ATTACKS *

Just seems odd. I thought we were bringing the troops home? I get confused.
We could just drone a 16 year old Colorado high school student having lunch in Yemen like Obama did.

I don't think humorous is how I'd describe it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT