ADVERTISEMENT

Well you dirty sonsabitchs, he killed himself last night.

To each their own. I take everything I read on here with a grain of salt.
C_Vwv5OXgAEp9yo

I think that’s more a reflection of you. I think there are 30 to 50 regulars here where I generally accept their posts at face value. I’ve met several of them in real life: Jimmy really is a lawyer who has served as a magistrate; Jwolf really is a doctor; I really have had to have a penis reduction; etc.

Last edited:
I think that’s more a reflection of you. I think there are 30 to 50 regulars here where I generally accept their posts at face value. I’ve met several of them in real life: Jimmy really is a lawyer who has served as a magistrate; Jwolf really is a doctor; I really have had to have a penis reduction, etc.
I agree. I don’t trust most people, I’m not necessarily calling people liars, but I think people definitely embellish a lot, other than me obviously.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Going through life as a skeptical person is not healthy. It might work for some of you, but it can become overly burdensome if you question everyone.

Sure you can get burnt by being overly trusting. But I know this, when I was in Cedar Rapids this week and a young man asked for some money or something to eat at the Casey's, I was happy to buy him some food. Gave him some money? No, but bought him a meal.

This is the season for us to look out for other humans.

Quit being jerks to Soybean

Going through life as a skeptical person is not healthy. It might work for some of you, but it can become overly burdensome if you question everyone.

Sure you can get burnt by being overly trusting. But I know this, when I was in Cedar Rapids this week and a young man asked for some money or something to eat at the Casey's, I was happy to buy him some food. Gave him some money? No, but bought him a meal.

I always wonder if extreme skeptics are every skeptical of skepticism. 😆

Lies No GIF

I don't have one, but this time I would post a picture of the bitch. Think Christie Brinkley, only a dirty rotten bitch.
In the original post you stated, "Michelle is an attractive women but not a great beauty." Then later in the thread you stated, "Michelle is not a movie star looker, but she does have a figure that stops traffic."
And now you are comparing her looks to Christie Brinkley, one of the most attractive women of all time.

I mean, we have Baby Sasquatch sightings, the fence post thing, a SIL who looks like Elizabeth Hurley that went from dating a 21-year old to getting taken out on a boat and maybe getting it in the pooper, and now this whole incident? The story and it’s details alone are hard to believe, even moreso given the bombastic stories that Bean has spun on here through the years.

I have a hard time believing a somewhat retired farmer in rural Poweshiek County has this much drama going on in their life.

I mean, we have Baby Sasquatch sightings, the fence post thing, a SIL who looks like Elizabeth Hurley that went from dating a 21-year old to getting taken out on a boat and maybe getting it in the pooper, and now this whole incident? The story and it’s details alone are hard to believe, even moreso given the bombastic stories that Bean has spun on here through the years.

I have a hard time believing a somewhat retired farmer in rural Poweshiek County has this much drama going on in their life.
Iowa’s version of Forest Gump….

Bean, with his wife getting porked by an 85 year old dude, why didnt you send your SIL to Canada so she could ease his pain?

Condolences to you my friend if this truly happened, so you should doxx the biatch and post the obit to prove all of this is on the up and up.

I think that’s more a reflection of you. I think there are 30 to 50 regulars here where I generally accept their posts at face value. I’ve met several of them in real life: Jimmy really is a lawyer who has served as a magistrate; Jwolf really is a doctor; I really have had to have a penis reduction; etc.

O o o o, are we playing 2 truths and 1 lie?

queen-pointing.gif

Mental illness in a spouse is horrifying. Watching them do things and acting in ways and making decisions that you know are not the real them...it's hell.

It makes being involved with a grade-A asshole easy by comparison. It sucks when you're done wrong by the person you love, but at least you can say eff you and move on.

When you know it's not the real them, and that the real them is still in there, and you have decades invested in the real them...shit it's the hardest thing in the world.

Luckily, I don't have an 85 year old beekeeper in my house, but I've been in hell for the the better part of the last 5 years and seen a lot of shit I never would have NEVER expected out of a person I've spent well more than half my lifetime with.

This story is crazy, but it's not unbelievable to me.

Mental illness in a spouse is horrifying. Watching them do things and acting in ways and making decisions that you know are not the real them...it's hell.

It makes being involved with a grade-A asshole easy by comparison. It sucks when you're done wrong by the person you love, but at least you can say eff you and move on.

When you know it's not the real them, and that the real them is still in there, and you have decades invested in the real them...shit it's the hardest thing in the world.

Luckily, I don't have an 85 year old beekeeper in my house, but I've been in hell for the the better part of the last 5 years and seen a lot of shit I never would have NEVER expected out of a person I've spent well more than half my lifetime with.

Get out, my man.

My ex was diagnosed with BPD in 2010, we divorced in 2012.

I come from a very traditional family and wanted to fight for my wife and our family but she was the one who pulled the plug, I would have held on forever hoping to fix the unfixable.

I couldn't be more thankful today that she did.

Not sure of the specifics of your situation but i have one kid in pharmacy school at Iowa and 2 hs kids with straight A's. I'm certain that would not be the case had they grown up in a house with severe mental illness.

As men we're told you don't cut and run, but in some situations it's truly the best solution.

Best of luck to you.

Woah. I'm sorry to hear that. You talk about your family a lot, and I assumed everything was OK.

We're entering a phase with two parents (MIL and step-MIL) in stages of dementia, and neither of them want to admit it. On top of that, my SIL has severe mental illness and refuses treatment (she is not really in our life).

Reactions: Moral
Get out, my man.

My ex was diagnosed with BPD in 2010, we divorced in 2012.

I come from a very traditional family and wanted to fight for my wife and our family but she was the one who pulled the plug, I would have held on forever hoping to fix the unfixable.

I couldn't be more thankful today that she did.

Not sure of the specifics of your situation but i have one kid in pharmacy school at Iowa and 2 hs kids with straight A's. I'm certain that would not be the case had they grown up in a house with severe mental illness.

As men we're told you don't cut and run, but in some situations it's truly the best solution.

Best of luck to you.

This is my situation exactly. She's not diagnosed, but I'm 95% sure she's borderline, the symptoms are nearly spot on.

She pulled the plug. 30 years down the drain. Kids are grown, thankfully. They know it's fvcked up. Right in the thick of finishing the legal part, having to sell the house and move. It's awful. Because we still have to dissolve the house, we're still seeing each other, and I don't think she gets what she's done. Or its just dawning on her and she is regretting it, but it's too late.

It's difficult, because for 25 years I felt like I won life's lottery. Hell, I've been in the Warchant LR and here pretty much the duration of it...people would know how I talked about my wife and my family. And like five years ago a nuclear bomb went off, and I've been trying to hold the pieces together all that time. It sucks, because we'd finished the hard part...it was all gravy from here.

I will never, ever be as happy as I was for 25 years, and that's very tough to deal with. But I keep telling myself that I WILL be happier than I am at this moment.

You're a good man. But hey mf'r, my ass is in Coralville. We could have met for coffee. I met @tumorboy . He's still alive. And I am stalking @torbee

And you know I'm joking about the mf'r part but coffee/lunch invite is still standing. And stay the mensch you are.

P.S. @jamesvanderwulf I am not a paid member so I can't DM you but post the holiday season, I will be unavailing my circa 1991 umbro shorts (if they fit). I need to see the sport Tom Brady has sunk billions into.

You're a good man. But hey mf'r, my ass is in Coralville. We could have met for coffee. I met @tumorboy . He's still alive. And I am stalking @torbee

And you know I'm joking about the mf'r part but coffee/lunch invite is still standing. And stay the mensch you are.

P.S. @jamesvanderwulf I am not a paid member so I can't DM you but post the holiday season, I will be unavailing my circa 1991 umbro shorts (if they fit). I need to see the sport Tom Brady has sunk billions into.

I’ll be up that way in a couple days for about a day and a half. I’ll be back in March or when it’s warmer, stay a few days longer and take a tour of the QC and IC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT