ADVERTISEMENT

What’s on the menu this holiday weekend?

Thinking of putting two whole chickens on the smoker. One will just be a simple dry rub injected with butter, the other I'll put on a pineapple core, put an orange and lime under the skin and cover in a pineapple bbq.

Probably some cevapi and carniolan sausage…mix in a little onions and some ajvar and you’ve got a damn good meal. These little dog turds are delicious!

VM25796-2.jpg

If you ever make it to the Lou - here’s your place.

• Love
Reactions: billanole
Doing a boil one day, ribs another. Probably burgers and dogs one day.

Will make some ceviche to snack on over the weekend.

Heading to the cabin shortly, tonight will be ribeyes on the pellet pooper. 4th will be just brats & burgers.

Just went to the seafood market for a little cache of gulf shrimp, crab cakes, and New England scallops. Prolly do shish kebobs with red and orange peppers, onions, and pineapple chunks slathered in Paul Newman’s Italian dressing. Basmati rice, sweet taters, and spinach.

To be honest...

... it might not be a stretch to say I make the best guacamole ever.

Plus, I found a hole in the wall carneceria that sells marinated fajita meat, so that was a big win.

Happy 4th of July eating and drinking everyone!!!

Heading to NE Iowa tomorrow morning to do some trout fishing with a buddy, so hopefully some fresh trout. That also means my day will be starting out bright and early w/ some Caseys breakfast pizza.

Other than that I'm not real sure. The gf (no pics) wants some more salsa, so I may throw some veggies on the smoker and make a large batch of salsa. I've also been craving some ribs, so I feel like that's gonna have to happen at some point over the next 4 days too.
Where did you fish? Have any luck?

And, everyone has got their thing.

Mine might be limited to mixing avocados and other things into a tasty dip.

Too bad it wasn't something more profitable, but I'll take what I can get!
Just curious what your “and other things” are. I don’t have a guac recipe but I love it when I’m at a Mexican restaurant, which isn’t very often. Would like to learn from a master!

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Just curious what your “and other things” are. I don’t have a guac recipe but I love it when I’m at a Mexican restaurant, which isn’t very often. Would like to learn from a master!
Not a lot of fancy/ unique ingredients.

Avocados
White onion (I like that better than red onion)
Tomato
Jalapeño
Cilantro
Garlic
Salt
Lime juice

If the daughter wasn't eating any I might sprinkle in a little cayenne, but I didn't want to risk it being too hot. The jalapeño gets it decently spicy.

Reactions: Tenacious E
To be honest...

... it might not be a stretch to say I make the best guacamole ever.

Plus, I found a hole in the wall carneceria that sells marinated fajita meat, so that was a big win.

Happy 4th of July eating and drinking everyone!!!
Hey, just the other day, my wife said I made the best guacamole ever (I agreed with her, it was damn good). Maybe we can meet one day to settle this.

I have a bit of a history on fishing on the 4th of July weekend and finding rednecks swimming in the streams. I hope you manage to avoid them.
Check. Went fishing yesterday and found 4 rednecks, in lawn chairs, in the stream fishing. I did not observe swimming.

• Haha
Reactions: Moral
I cooked 2 boston butts, one in the oven and one in the crock pot. My wife will be using about half of it, plus the juice, to make Brunswick stew. We also cooked some chicken and pork roast for the stew. Making the stew is quite a process, but it is worth it.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT