ADVERTISEMENT

Do you attend after work happy hours or socialize with your co-workers outside work time?

If time allows for it, I’ll grab a happy hour with some co workers. With 3 very active kids, it doesn’t happen very often anymore. Maybe once or twice a year.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Used to, but anymore I try to maintain some separation between work and fun...

If it's a forced team outing that's voluntary I will skip, I hate that forced comraderie bullshit. But on occasion I will get along with certain co workers and we will informally meet up to hang out for drinks etc and I will do that.

In my 20's when I didn't manage people I did all the time, several times a week. In my 30's I started managing people and then it turned into everyone wanting to talk about work or bitch about co-workers to me. That ended it for me. Recently there's a co-worker around my age that I get along really well with. We have stopped for beers a couple times, we don't talk shop at all. I'm 48 now.

I've mentioned on here previously my first job in Miami with Eastern Airlines had a ton of recent college grads and frequent happy hours led to happy 2am. We travelled together, shared hotel rooms and beds so we could get 4 people in a room. Oh, what a time...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT