ADVERTISEMENT

What are the chances Iowa can get Paddy Gallagher to change his mind?

This is a big miss

I agree it would be, I really like what Ayala brings to the table skill set wise, Great motion and balance. Schriever has had injury issues, Teasdale is a work in progress and while I like Ybarra he was at 132 for a bit this year and in folkstyle tends to have some closer than you would expect matches. I think there is definitely a big need and room for him on the team. He is the first higher end blue chip from the state in a while.

His frame says 157/165 and honestly 157 is maybe the best match, not real tall. .
I'm pretty sure Gallagher will need to be 157 for at least 1-2 years.
If he goes as a true freshman, then he has Kharchla at 165 and either Ethan Smith or Kaleb Romero as rs-seniors at 174. Paddy will need to be a 157. Thats also assuming Sasso stays at 149. If he moves up later in his career, Paddy will need to redshirt.
In his 2nd year, there is a chance that after Smith/Romero graduate, Kharchla slots up to 174, opening up 165 for Gallagher.
I'll paste my ongoing weight class projections below. Take it for what its worth..this is my personal projection, not based on anything else.

2021/22

125: Malik Heinselman sr, Jacob Decatur rs-so, Brady Koontz rs-sr,

133: Jordan Decatur jr, Dylan Koontz rs-sr.

141: Anthony Echemendia rs-so, Dylan D’Emilio rs-so, JD Stickley rs-jr,

149: Sammy Sasso rs-jr,

157: Quinn Kinner rs-jr, Paddy Gallagher redshirts, Isaac Wilcox redshirts

165: Carson Kharchla rs-so,

174: Ethan Smith rs-sr or Kaleb Romero rs-sr,

184: Gavin Hoffman rs-jr, Rocky Jordan rs-jr, Zach Steiner rs-sr

197: Chase Singletary rs-sr or Gavin Hoffman rs-jr, (Seth Shumate hs-sr)

HWY: Nicholas Boykin rs-soph

2022/23

125: Jacob Decatur rs-jr,

133: Jordan Decatur sr

141: Anthony Echemendia rs-jr, Dylan D’Emilio rs-jr, JD Stickley rs-sr,

149: Sammy Sasso rs-sr,

157: Paddy Gallagher rs-fr, or Quinn Kinner rs-sr, Isaac Wilcox rs-fr

165: Carson Kharchla rs-jr, or Paddy Gallagher rs-fr

174: (Kharchla if not at 165)

184: Gavin Hoffman rs-sr, or Rocky Jordan rs-sr,

197: Gavin Hoffman rs-sr or Seth Shumate redshirts or freshman

HWY: Nicholas Boykin rs-jr

Reactions: Todhunter
Definitely wouldn't call him a lock to AZ from what I'm hearing. He may end up there, but it sounds like he may have aspirations to go to a top-tier program instead.

Az St been getting a lot of quality recruits recently - Figuroa, Santiago, Cohlton Schultz, Chlebove, Courtney, Teemer, besides the Valencia brothers.

They're 5-0 this season, including a win over PSU. PSU hadn't had a dual loss since 2014-15 season.

If Az St is not top tier, they're pretty darn close. They take on tOSU tomorrow.... should be interesting.

Look at those recruits and place them geographically... A CA or CO kid going to ASU may have something to do with proximity as well, and not just Zeke, the weather, etc.

Wasnt John Smith's nephew a " Definite LOCK " for OK State ?? i think his name was....wait...give me a minute....ummmmm some fella name Mark Perry ?? I think he was a for sure guy to stay with Uncle John.. NEVER SAY NEVER when it comes to recruiting...I love the plan that TnT and of course Morningstar have in place right now... we just gotta have faith !!

Az St been getting a lot of quality recruits recently - Figuroa, Santiago, Cohlton Schultz, Chlebove, Courtney, Teemer, besides the Valencia brothers.

They're 5-0 this season, including a win over PSU. PSU hadn't had a dual loss since 2014-15 season.

If Az St is not top tier, they're pretty darn close. They take on tOSU tomorrow.... should be interesting.

Figs is checking out other schools and Santiago is headed to UNC.

Reactions: rossel 33
that guy could be scary good under terry's wing.still on the small side i think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT