ADVERTISEMENT

What are you allergic to?

IowaPackFan

HB Heisman
Dec 30, 2006
What items are you allergic to? For real items, not things like working, poison ivy, and not masturbating.

I’m allergic to cashews and pistachios. I don’t think I ever had them until I was an adult (we were poors) and they make my throat itchy and dry. I can eat peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. it’s just cashews and pistachios. I also learned that cheap places substitute pine nuts with cashews in their pesto.

The only thing I'm allergic to is Tea Rose Oil. It's in things like perfumes and essential oils. I immediately start having my eyes itching and turning red, etc.

Reactions: Moral
The only thing I'm allergic to is Tea Rose Oil. It's in things like perfumes and essential oils. I immediately start having my eyes itching and turning red, etc.

In support of you I will not use cologne, perfume, or essential oils. Everyone else should join me in this show of support.

In support of you I will not use cologne, perfume, or essential oils. Everyone else should join me in this show of support.
I appreciate that!

I don't think it's in very many different things, but there have been a few times where I was dang near incapacitated!

Reactions: Moral
Crab. I've never been tested to officially confirm, but around 20 years ago I had three times where I got violently ill..vomiting so badly that I burst the blood vessels around my eyes, free flow liquid crap...
Only common thing was that each time I had eaten a meal that included crab, so I am fairly certain that it was the issue. I can barely be in the area of someone eating it any more - the smell alone makes me feel ill.

• Wow
Reactions: funksouljon
Shrimp and lobster. If I eat a ton of crawfish, I’ll start to get itchy and feel a little off. But shrimp and lobster I’ll have hives, itchy throat and feel pretty off. It sucks, because I loved shrimp up until I turned allergic

Crab. I've never been tested to officially confirm, but around 20 years ago I had three times where I got violently ill..vomiting so badly that I burst the blood vessels around my eyes, free flow liquid crap...
Only common thing was that each time I had eaten a meal that included crab, so I am fairly certain that it was the issue. I can barely be in the area of someone eating it any more - the smell alone makes me feel ill.
Shellfish is a common food allergy. Some people with shellfish allergy react to all shellfish, while others react to only certain kinds. Reactions range from mild symptoms — such as hives or a stuffy nose — to severe and even life-threatening.

Tree pollen. Not sure of the species, but I’ll be miserable before any tree in the area is flowering, so it’s something that’s being blown in from south of me.

Later in life I have developed an allergy to mammalian meat. Wut? Cow, pig, lamb, etc… Red meat.
Hives, itching, low blood pressure, anyphylactic shock….
Google what I mentioned and it brings up a problem related to a tick bite. I haven’t had a known tick bite in recent years.
Thankfully seafood and poultry are OK, but the loss of bacon, BarBQ pork, and brisket has been a MAJOR issue.

Sideline… my first evening meal after the diagnosis I was traveling and enjoyed grilled shrimp, Mac n cheese, and green beans. In looking at my last fork full of green beans, I realized it was seasoned with bacon. This is gonna suck.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: FSUTribe76
Brome grass, cedar….and believe it or not, deer. After I gut a deer or help even touch one, my eyes swell up and I’ll go on a 45 minute sneeze fest. Sometimes wearing a mask or gloves help.

Shrimp and lobster. If I eat a ton of crawfish, I’ll start to get itchy and feel a little off. But shrimp and lobster I’ll have hives, itchy throat and feel pretty off. It sucks, because I loved shrimp up until I turned allergic

Shellfish is a terrible allergy because it's typically not developed until later in life when you've already grown to like it

Nothing that I know of officially, but I believe pollen is beginning to be one of them.

Oxycontin. Makes me hurl like a dog. Probably the codeine, though I've never had another painkiller with it in there so don't really know.

• Wow
Reactions: billanole
Later in life I have developed an allergy to mammalian meat. Wut? Cow, pig, lamb, etc… Red meat.
Hives, itching, low blood pressure, anyphylactic shock….
Google what I mentioned and it brings up a problem related to a tick bite. I haven’t had a known tick bite in recent years.
Thankfully seafood and poultry are OK, but the loss of bacon, BarBQ pork, and brisket has been a MAJOR issue.

Sideline… my first evening meal after the diagnosis I was traveling and enjoyed grilled shrimp, Mac n cheese, and green beans. In looking at my last fork full of green beans, I realized it was seasoned with bacon. This is gonna suck.
A good friend has the same problem. He got it from a tick bite and there is no cure. He can’t eat meat of any kind.

In the spring for about 3 days a year, I sneeze constantly and feel as though I am about to sneeze all day. Nothing seems to help, but at least it is gone quickly.

Then it goes away until the following spring.

I am with shell fish. One daughter that has it to all nuts. My oldest daughter is anaphylactic to all dairy. Growing up we had some pretty close calls/scary moments when something she had ate had come in contact with dairy. Scary like taking 2 epi pens before we got to the ER scary

• Wow
I'm thankfully immune to the pine tree pollen, and living in Atlanta for 50 years made me even more thankful. Many of my students had it, and they looked and sounded absolutely miserable. I feel for anyone with that allergy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT