ADVERTISEMENT

what are your solar eclipse plans on Monday 4/8?

?

• working inside - won't even see it

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • working outside - will stop and see it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not working - won't bother going outside to see it

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • not working - will go outside to see it

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • traveling - in state to see it better

• traveling - out of state to see best possible viewing

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • other

• worki

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Working inside - will go outside to see it

Votes: 18 26.5%

• Total voters
are you doing any thing special?

th
Stand in the yard yanking off seems like the thing to do.

For whatever it's worth, here are a couple of photos I took from my backyard. The first is through the clouds, and the second is through the eclipse glasses I had. I didn't use a good camera, just my phone - so it's the best that I could capture. It was really cool though - it got really dark; a lot darker than I thought it would.

ltlsNkV.jpg

7OqAJ5k.jpg

For whatever it's worth, here are a couple of photos I took from my backyard. The first is through the clouds, and the second is through the eclipse glasses I had. I didn't use a good camera, just my phone - so it's the best that I could capture. It was really cool though - it got really dark; a lot darker than I thought it would.

ltlsNkV.jpg

7OqAJ5k.jpg
ya but have you seen Julie's?

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Camping at Summit Lake state park in Indiana. Actually have some fellow Iowa fans in the site right next to us!

whenever I hear the word eclipse I think of that stupid song. My mom liked it and would get so mad at us for singing "total eclipse of the fart" That was the best thing about station wagons. The way back was too far to get smacked.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
ya but have you seen Julie's?
Julie's profile is weird, too. It has:

Some things are true whether you believe in them or not. - Seth Plate (City of Angles)

I'm not familiar with the movie "City of Angles", but I'm guessing it was too obtuse.

Reactions: millah_22
That is pretty much what I saw in Indy. Got really dark but not complete darkness. The neatest thing is when it went from 99.99% covered to the actual 100%. There was the complete ring with kind of a bluish hue to it, just hanging in the air. We also could see a couple of the planets. Got a little bit cooler temperature wise too. Also saw a couple of jet contrails come out in the immediate vicinity of the ring. Really cool. Only lasted about 3 minutes though.

Co-worker told me he's seen 7 or 8 eclipses so he doesn't need to go outside to look.

F*cking asshole. I hate that guy.
Are you in the path of totality? If so, I call bullsh*t. If that guy has seen 7 or 8 total eclipses, that means that he has spent his life chasing them all over the globe, and wouldn’t just sit this one out. If you’re in Iowa or somewhere else only getting a partial, then I guess I can believe it.

Had a great time experiencing totality today with a bunch of family and friends. Skies clearer than expected in Indy. Truly awesome spectacle of nature, and those of you being cynical about it don’t know what you’re missing, whether you know it or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT