ADVERTISEMENT

What cars do D-bags drive?

This was surprising the first time I went to England. Everyone with a company car (which was really common) drove a BMW because they could fit it under the monthly stipend. It was probably the most common car I saw over there.
What autos couldn't they fit under the stipend?

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
How do you define douchebag? In my neck of the woods, people who drive a Tesla or Subaru are much more likely to waive you to turn in front of them than most other drivers.
They’ll wave to you, have you roll down your window, and then tell you how awesome their Tesla is. This is for the three months of the year it’s practical to drive it, of course. Any other time you’ll have to go over to their house so they can tell you how awesome it is.

Have you ever driven one?

Have you ever driven one?
Season 6 Bip GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

I know 3 guys who own them for over a year now...and they love their Tesla...in all seasons. They really do...
I’ve found the same dudes who have a Tesla have a $120,000 jet boat. And they’re usually insufferable pricks. It may be different in other parts of the country.

What autos couldn't they fit under the stipend?
The 3-series there is like the Toyota Camry or Chevy Malibu here. It was the "nicest" car they could generally get - that or the Audi A4. So that's what most of them drove. You didn't see the normal "working folk" driving Jaguars, Land Rovers, Porsches, etc.

At least when I was there, and who I was hanging around with, they stayed within that car allowance, and didn't spend out of pocket. I think that's different than here - where if everyone got a $500/month car allowance, a LOT of people would justify using that to get a $1,500/month car.

I remember this thread:

They’ll wave to you, have you roll down your window, and then tell you how awesome their Tesla is. This is for the three months of the year it’s practical to drive it, of course. Any other time you’ll have to go over to their house so they can tell you how awesome it is.
They won't just tell you, they'll offer you a ride to show off its 0-60 acceleration without any hands on the wheel.

The 3-series there is like the Toyota Camry or Chevy Malibu here. It was the "nicest" car they could generally get - that or the Audi A4. So that's what most of them drove. You didn't see the normal "working folk" driving Jaguars, Land Rovers, Porsches, etc.

At least when I was there, and who I was hanging around with, they stayed within that car allowance, and didn't spend out of pocket. I think that's different than here - where if everyone got a $500/month car allowance, a LOT of people would justify using that to get a $1,500/month car.
Yes, Europeans in general have better taste in automobiles and less tolerance for sub-standard manufacturing like the Big 3 churned out far too long.

BMWs seem to have a really high correlation with douchebaggery. Also giant pickup trucks with all of the redneck accoutrements. i.e. truck nuts, lift kits, monster truck tires, trump flag mounted in the truck bed etc...

Meh, it was minor. USAF Officer late for PT rear-ended me. I barely felt it and it didn't even put a scratch on my bumper, but that photo shows what happens when (mostly) plastic hits steal.
Uhm… we don’t use the M word around here anymore. Not since @Colonoscopy outed himself.

Somebody’s jealous of the 700+ horsepower

I'm not a car-guy.....could care less about horsepower and/or speed. If I wanted one, I'd get one.

But I can spot a douchebag, and a very high percentage of Challenger owners are douchebags. Often, they own loud motorcycles as well.

In Texas “small trucks” (Fords and Chevys) are like assholes...everyone has one and they drive’m Way to fast!
What was that mini truck in the 90's.... Splash or something like that. JFC, the a-hole's ten-gallon hat was bigger than the truck. I always wondered what they could fit in the bed... a pizza box maybe?

I'm not a car-guy.....could care less about horsepower and/or speed. If I wanted one, I'd get one.

But I can spot a douchebag, and a very high percentage of Challenger owners are douchebags. Often, they own loud motorcycles as well.

It’s location-dependent imo. It’s just a normal car that youll see a dozen of in a half hour drive in Maryland. If you have one in New York, you probably are Joe dirt.

You mean like a Harley? :rolleyes:

Yep. If you own a Challenger AND a Harley, the likelihood that you're a douchebag approaches 100%.

There are plenty of decent Harley owners. The instinct to drive their Harley aggressively just isn't comparable to that of a Challenger-owner. I'm not a fan of loud motorcycles. Not a fan of loud lawnmowers, either.

200.gif

Yep. If you own a Challenger AND a Harley, the likelihood that you're a douchebag approaches 100%.

There are plenty of decent Harley owners. The instinct to drive their Harley aggressively just isn't comparable to that of a Challenger-owner. I'm not a fan of loud motorcycles. Not a fan of loud lawnmowers, either.

200.gif
there is the old school biker harley guy, chopper, like in a gang or hell's angels... then there's the new school doctor or lawyer weekend harley guy with the big daddy harley with the saddle bags and the stereo and the windshield

Lifted Ram with baby-monster-truck tires and New York or Connecticut plates

Love how these threads always set some dbag off. Like you realize you're just playing into the stereotype, right?

Love how these threads always set some dbag off. Like you realize you're just playing into the stereotype, right?
I just lean into the stereotype.

I frigging love my M4 and it brings me joy every time I get behind the wheel.

Like I said, GTFO the way when I'm driving you slow bastards with your substandard vehicles! :)

Crotch rockets. Every time I see one of these pricks weave in and out of traffic going 30 over, or when they drive up between the lanes when traffic is backed up, I kinda hope they dump the bike.

You're quite the cool dude.🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT