ADVERTISEMENT

What coaches are in the press box?

Hawk73108

HR All-State
Mar 3, 2004
What coaches are in the press box on game days? Is there a limit to how many are allowed?

Reactions: 820
Not Kirk
Not Brian
Not Phil
Not Seth Wallace

Not Levar?

Barnett?
Bell?
Betts?
Copeland?
Hodge?
Niemann?

No idea but the only coach I don’t see on the sidelines is Copeland…maybe Nieman is I don’t recall seeing him either
The rest you list, are for sure on the field during games

Only two? Seems like less than most schools. Maybe we put a few GAs/etc up there.

Obviously for offense it is a set of GA’s that were four year letter winners as student managers for their 8 man football teams.

Reactions: unclesammy
Thank you to those that provided an actual response. 2 AC’s does seem like a small number and I agree that there must be some GA’s involved. I was involved with the team in the early 70’s and there were 4 in the press box including both coordinators.

Never could understand the advantage of having a DC or OC in the box upstairs. Nothing like a little face-to-face contact on the sidelines when you are communicating adjustments throughout the game with your players.

Never could understand the advantage of having a DC or OC in the box upstairs. Nothing like a little face-to-face contact on the sidelines when you are communicating adjustments throughout the game with your players.
I always thought the opposite. Coordinators can see the entire field upstairs and make adjustments accordingly.

This was a big thing when Brian was fist the OC. He called everything from the box, but when things started going poorly he moved to the field so he could have more contact with the players. If I remember correctly, he was OC when he went on the profanity lace tirade coming down the elevator at halftime of a game. As a coach, it’s much easier to call a game from the box when it comes to Xs and Os, but you need a strong position coaches to control the sideline to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT