ADVERTISEMENT

What do you do when you see a couple of dogs running around without their owner in this kind of cold?

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
In Ankeny this morning, there was a black lab and another large black dog running around. Both had collars. My first thought was that I didn't want them to freeze to death. I tried coaxing them but they ran away. I then called the police and let them know, and then we took pictures and posted them on a facebook group or hello neighbor or whatever it is for our immediate local area. I drove around a bit on the way to work and saw them on another street, but couldn't get them to come over to me. Hope they are okay. What other steps are there to take?

Reactions: lucas80
Call animal control. Other than that you have done all you can.

In Ankeny this morning, there was a black lab and another large black dog running around. Both had collars. My first thought was that I didn't want them to freeze to death. I tried coaxing them but they ran away. I then called the police and let them know, and then we took pictures and posted them on a facebook group or hello neighbor or whatever it is for our immediate local area. I drove around a bit on the way to work and saw them on another street, but couldn't get them to come over to me. Hope they are okay. What other steps are there to take?
Thanks. I would hope the police dispatch would notify animal control...

throw snowballs at them

As the owner of a Chinese restaurant, I know what I would do….

328592361_c6b3b1876e_b.jpg

I took a dog in around 10am a couple years ago when temps were below zero. He had a tracking phone number to call on his collar.

Dog ran off in the morning and the guy just went to work. Poor thing. Guy came and got him after he got off work. Didn’t even say thanks. Asshole.

My dog just went outside and with in 3 or 4 minutes he was at the door crying, opened the door and he limped in and his rear legs were barely working. Now he's a 35 pound puggle but still can't imagine dogs staying alive long in -30 degree windchills.

Reactions: lucas80
My dog just went outside and with in 3 or 4 minutes he was at the door crying, opened the door and he limped in and his rear legs were barely working. Now he's a 35 pound puggle but still can't imagine dogs staying alive long in -30 degree windchills.
No kidding. My poor little girl was hobbling when she came in. I almost ran out to get her when she got to the patio. 15 degrees tomorrow, so hope is on the horizon.

Reactions: beanerhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT