ADVERTISEMENT

What do you put on hot dogs?

Sticking just with hot dogs, what condiments / toppings do you add?

• Mustard

Votes: 65 74.7%
  • Mayo

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Chili

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • Onions

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Slaw

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Tomatos

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Cheese

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters

Finance85

HR Legend
Oct 22, 2003
I used to hate hot dogs. When I was growing up, they were all pretty cheap, and who knew what "parts" were in them. That, and my mom boiled them. I really would only eat hot dogs at a ballpark.

Time has passed, and there are some pretty decent hot dogs out there, not to mention brats, which I treat differently.

Reactions: hawkeyeandy
I used to hate hot dogs. When I was growing up, they were all pretty cheap, and who knew what "parts" were in them. That, and my mom boiled them. I really would only eat hot dogs at a ballpark.

Time has passed, and there are some pretty decent hot dogs out there, not to mention brats, which I treat differently.

Chicago style or GTFO

I haven't had a hot dog in 10-15 years. When I did eat them, mustard only.

Mustard only on brats as well.

Reactions: NI hawk
I eat them one of a few ways:

1. Plain
2. Chicago style
3. Chili (no beans), cheese, onions

mustard
relish
tomatoes
onions
pickles
peppers (hot and sweet)
kraut (if available)

I will put ketchup on a dog if there are no tomatoes available

ketchup/mustard/onions. No relish, as the vast majority is disgusting, although a chopped up kosher dill by Claussen would be good.

The best hot dog I've ever had was at Katz's deli. House made with kraut and mustard. Carolina dogs(chili and coleslaw) are very good as well.

Remembered one other thing. The wife (pic in another thread) makes a delicious pickled combination of jalapenos, onions and carrots. You can chop that up and put it pretty much on anything.

My mom did the same, boiled them.

Ketchup and Cheese on mine. I usually leave the bun off though.

Reactions: jasonrann
A pre-emptive hot dogs are not sandwiches.....

voznvbnjvwkzt2w2p0et.jpg

Reactions: jasonrann
Throw it all on, I'm good. I don't have a lot of good things to say about my experience down in Tucson for the Iowa game against UA, but these did leave a lasting impression.

new-essentials-sonoran-hotdog.jpg

Reactions: natewantofbees
I put mine on a slice of white bread and cover it with ketchup,... Go ahead, come at me..

I play super loud music when I eat mine. Doesn’t make them taste any better but it creates excitement.

Reactions: GES4

I said mustard and "other," with "other" being jalapeno peppers.

It's a golf course thing.

Chose other as only way I’ll eat a hot dog is Chicago style with extra sport peppers.

This is a good time to repeat a line uttered by the late Gus Schrader: "I won't eat another hot dog until they find Jimmy Hoffa."

Reactions: rchawk
I put mine on a slice of white bread and cover it with ketchup,... Go ahead, come at me..
I do this as well. The consistency of most store bought buns gets too chewy even if you toast them a little. A slice of sunbeam is good for me with ketchup, mustard, white onion and wickles relish.

I do this as well. The consistency of most store bought buns gets too chewy even if you toast them a little. A slice of sunbeam is good for me with ketchup, mustard, white onion and wickles relish.

I will do this with the bread loaf ends if I'm out of buns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT