ADVERTISEMENT

What do your kids do with their free time?

General Tso

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2004
Not what you make them do with free time, but what are they naturally inclined toward? I, like many dads I'm sure, had this perfect world notion that my kids would always want to be outside, finding friends to play sports with, wanting to shoot hoops in the driveway or practice throwing the baseball... but alas, it's constant teeth gnashing to get them off the screen, out of their rooms, negotiations to spend time outside, etc. They're good kids, do well in school, but damn if the couch potato inclinations don't drive me nuts.

E0AcWy.gif

Not what you make them do with free time, but what are they naturally inclined toward? I, like many dads I'm sure, had this perfect world notion that my kids would always want to be outside, finding friends to play sports with, wanting to shoot hoops in the driveway or practice throwing the baseball... but alas, it's constant teeth gnashing to get them off the screen, out of their rooms, negotiations to spend time outside, etc. They're good kids, do well in school, but damn if the couch potato inclinations don't drive me nuts.I
See my post from yesterday. I had the kids and the neighbor kids outside playing in the snow. But I get your point. I agree with your last sentence. The couch potato stuff irritates me. I grew up in the 80s, always outside. Nights like now in Iowa, my brothers and I would shovel the driveway and play basketball.

See my post from yesterday. I had the kids and the neighbor kids outside playing in the snow. But I get your point. I agree with your last sentence. The couch potato stuff irritates me. I grew up in the 80s, always outside. Nights like now in Iowa, my brothers and I would shovel the driveway and play basketball.

Have any eligibility left?

When my kids were young, through high school, they were outside almost all the time. The did enjoy Mario Kart and Rock Band, but they really like playing outside.

Now they are in their 20’s. Son works then lifts at the gym. Gets home to his fiancé around 7pm and either watches TV (er, streams shows) or gets online with his buddies.

Daughter just graduated from college in December. Minecraft, YouTube, puzzles, pinball, walks the dog. And lots of TikTok.

Who knows? My 8th grader came out of his room twice during Christmas break. I think he’s a cult leader or some shit now. Better than collecting cups.

Reactions: fredjr82
Not what you make them do with free time, but what are they naturally inclined toward? I, like many dads I'm sure, had this perfect world notion that my kids would always want to be outside, finding friends to play sports with, wanting to shoot hoops in the driveway or practice throwing the baseball... but alas, it's constant teeth gnashing to get them off the screen, out of their rooms, negotiations to spend time outside, etc. They're good kids, do well in school, but damn if the couch potato inclinations don't drive me nuts.
Mine spend a lot of time on GIA Off Topic. Keep it clean folks.

If I allowed it, Roblox and Axis Football on the Switch all day long. Fortunately, I don't, so he reads a lot, plays football in the neighborhood and is on a soccer team.

You and me are brothers. I could sign my name to that exact same post and I feel the exact same sentiments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT