ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Terrance Jean Jacque?

Pretty sure I just saw his name finish runner up in D2, juco or NAIA. Cant quite recall waht.

Would be nice to have him around still. He had 20+ wins last year. When he lost to Smith of ISU last year a little bit of steam left him. But he would still be an adequate backup/room body. Just can't keep the depth like Gable used to these days.

Originally posted by Hawks1010:
Rhoad Island College DIII ranked fifth by Intermat
Whoa...I saw Donny Logendyke is ranked #3 in that same pole. Wasn't he #1 HWT in the country his SR year?

Terrance is sitting at number one for D3 Most Dominant Wrestler on the season. Anyone know the story on why he left the program?

Linky

Originally posted by TailgateTom:
Originally posted by Hawks1010:
Rhoad Island College DIII ranked fifth by Intermat
Whoa...I saw Donny Logendyke is ranked #3 in that same pole. Wasn't he #1 HWT in the country his SR year?
IIRC, he and Blythe had some battles in Fargo and maybe elsewhere. I believe he went to Nebraska out of High School. Thought I saw another Logendyke (sp?) in the Minnesota High School results the other day as well................. (probably wrong on all of it, but don't have time to look it up at the moment).

Originally posted by MARION_HAWK:
Terrance is sitting at number one for D3 Most Dominant Wrestler on the season. Anyone know the story on why he left the program?
I believe their names are Telford and Stoll.

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Dan Gable Traveling Trophy at stake.
Jean-Jacques competes at 285 pounds for the University of Iowa. Last week at the Iowa City Duals, he went 3-0 with a fall, beefing his season record to 8-2 with three pins.
"He has come a long way since getting on campus (in August)," UI head coach Tom Brands said. "We certainly need the depth there; he has done a good job. We like him."
No one is mistaking that when 100-percent, the starting heavyweight for the Hawkeyes is Bobby Telford, a two-time national qualifier and an All-American as a freshman. Telford is ranked No. 3 in the nation after opening the season with five consecutive wins by fall. But after Telford tweaked a knee in practice, Jean-Jacques filled in.
"For the first dual meets it went well, pretty-much what I expected," Jean-Jacques said. "It was good to get the first one out of the way, work on some things I needed to work on, and get ready for this weekend."Jean-Jacques is expected to compete in a fourth dual Sunday against Iowa State freshman Quean Smith (2-4) in Ames. The undefeated Cyclones (5-0) are ranked No. 15 in the NWCA/USA Today/AWN Coaches Poll.
"On my recruiting visit the coaches talked to me about the Iowa-Iowa State dual and how it gets sold out and it is one of their biggest rivalry matches," Jean-Jacques said. "I'm guessing it is going to be a good atmosphere with a lot of fans."
At this time last year, Jean-Jacques was enrolled at Rutgers University where he saw action in a couple open tournaments before transferring to a junior college near his home in Haverill, Mass.
"Originally I wanted to come to the University of Iowa, but I wasn't getting the scholarship opportunities, so I got my grades up," Jean-Jacques said. "I had the chance to come here again last year and I decided to take it."
Jean-Jacques was national runner-up at the 2011 Preps Tournament after going 62-0 and winning a state championship at Governor's Academy in Byfield, Mass. He captured his first state championship in 2010 at Haverill, Mass., and his third state title in Pennsylvania in 2012 competing for Wyoming Seminary.
The University of Iowa appealed to Jean-Jacques because of wrestling, but also because of its business school. Calling it one of his dreams, he wants to open a wrestling camp/school/club for young children.
But there are on-mat dreams to fulfill first. Jean-Jacques desires to cement a spot in the Hawkeye lineup, become a collegiate All-American, and win a national championship.
"There is a lot I want to do, I just have to work at it," he said.
That work continues Sunday in hostile Hilton Coliseum.
"You focus on what you're doing and on your wrestling and not the fans," Jean-Jacques said. "I have wrestled in environments where fans don't necessarily like the incoming teams. I'm going to focus on what I'm doing and whatever happens, happens."

2013-14
-- posted a record of 22-6 at 285 pounds... went 3-1 in dual competition, scoring 12 team points... pinned eight opponents, all in the first period... won title at Pat "Flash" Flanagan Open, placing second at DuHawk Open, third at William Penn and Jim Fox Opens and fourth at Luther Open... letterwinner.
2013 -- enrolled at Rutgers for one semester, redshirted.
High School -- Pennsylvania prep state champion in 2012... won state title with a 62-0 record in 2011... national runner-up at the 2011 Preps Tournament, competing at heavyweight... wrestled for Wyoming Seminary (Kingston, Pa.) after completing an undefeated, New England championship season for Haverhill in 2010... runner-up showing at the 2010 NHSCA Junior Nationals... notched stout finishes at the nationally renowned Beast of the East and Walsh Ironman tournaments in 2010, placing second and fourth, respectively... placed seventh at heavyweight at the 2011 NHSCA Senior Nationals... participated in the 2010 Junior Nationals tournament in freestyle... coached by Scott Green at Wyoming Seminary and Brett Legault at Haverhill... four-year starter on high school football team, earning all-league honors at tackle position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT