ADVERTISEMENT

What Has Trump Done That You Like?

Another is #8. Telling companies to "go make it cheaper" is not realistic. Realistic is fixing the military acquisition process and how contract bids and approvals are done. You can't just tell someone to make something cheaper, that's not how it works.
Yeah really. As Trump should know you just let them finish out the contract and when they present the bill, tell them they're only getting half, like it or lump it.

Never had this looking out of his mirror.

hillary-crosseyed-3.jpg

Reactions: Bro D
Of the meaningful things there, I'd say no to all. I'll go into detail with a bit more time. The only one I'd (somewhat) agree on is #2, but it's a misstatement of what is really occurring.

Also, some aren't fully bad, per se, but misguided or unneeded. As an example, your #1. I fully agree that the federal government has far too much bloat, but doing a full on hiring freeze is a bad way to cope with it. And while green suit military isn't affected, DOD and (specifically to my service) DA Civilians are, which hurts readiness by not backfilling jobs which aren't currently targeted to be filled by green suiters. There are far better ways to tackle this than a straight freeze.

Another is #8. Telling companies to "go make it cheaper" is not realistic. Realistic is fixing the military acquisition process and how contract bids and approvals are done. You can't just tell someone to make something cheaper, that's not how it works.
You realize the cheaper is in cost of parts right (you know the 500.00 hammer and 300.00 volt checker, etc). So you want to complain about spending but when he forces companies to recheck their numbers and remove the bs, you think its bad... in the private sector we call that competitive bidding.

And yes you can tell them to do it for less, its called the art of the deal. With your approach to bidding, you would be paying 1k for a single tack. Good luck lasting with that mindset.

Last edited:
You were pro-TPP?
Hell no. And that was one of a couple of things I liked about Trump. Except that I warned he'd probably renege on it. He hasn't yet, but I still expect it. Plus now we are being told that they are planning to use the TPP as the template for revamping NAFTA.

So while I liked his anti-TPP campaign posture, I'm still waiting for him to deliver.

And that's the problem with Trump so far. The only things he's delivered on are the crazy things, like attacking the environment and doing away with regulations that are good for most Americans.

Hell no. And that was one of a couple of things I liked about Trump. Except that I warned he'd probably renege on it. He hasn't yet, but I still expect it. Plus now we are being told that they are planning to use the TPP as the template for revamping NAFTA.

So while I liked his anti-TPP campaign posture, I'm still waiting for him to deliver.

And that's the problem with Trump so far. The only things he's delivered on are the crazy things, like attacking the environment and doing away with regulations that are good for most Americans.

Yeah, I wouldn't care for that either, but can we wait till he actually passes something like that before we criticize him for it? Threads like these are counter-productive and just reek of sour grapes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT