ADVERTISEMENT

What Has Trump Done That You Like?

Absolutely - why not if he had his hand in it.

Just checking.

The reason I ask is because most cons wouldn't give BHO credit for anything. I saw many blast Obama for extending/continuing things that Bush's admin started. They see the D and they hate it. Just like many Dems see something done by an R and hate it.

I'm fully willing to give Trump credit when it's due, he's just done little to nothing that deserves credit to this point. Extending the Choice Program would be a little nugget of goodness in 3 months of blech.

Reactions: strummingram
-Gotten China to the table against NK, which hopefully helps stave off issues with NK

-So far hasn't invaded Syria trying to overthrow Assad

-Hasn't continued to start ish with Russians

-Has driven the Liberals full stupid, showing America their true virtues, which is violence, hate and reverse racism.

-Made a so far very successful against sex trafficking

-Got the pipeline greenlighted

-Stopped TPP

-Is in the process of dismantling the EPA

-Is in the process of dismantling the DOE

-Encouraged corporations to come back

-Gave the market enough faith to allow a return to regular interest rates

-Actually is attacking the hell out of ISIS targets,(sorry at this point it needs to be done)

-Brought a new attitude to the country that was VERY MUCH needed. Sorry but the liberal puss cakes were flat out ruining the country by churning out a generation of snowflake drones who can't deal with real life.

-Very blatantly and effectively called out news organizations like CNN as the propaganda peddling BS organizations that they are. Fox News was already known as this for a long time.

-Stopped Hillary from being President

-Helped very much magnify the problem with feminism in this country as it has mutated into a man-hate charade led by lunatic fringes that hate facts and hate common sense even more.

Just checking.

The reason I ask is because most cons wouldn't give BHO credit for anything. I saw many blast Obama for extending/continuing things that Bush's admin started. They see the D and they hate it. Just like many Dems see something done by an R and hate it.

I'm fully willing to give Trump credit when it's due, he's just done little to nothing that deserves credit to this point. Extending the Choice Program would be a little nugget of goodness in 3 months of blech.
He wasn't horrible in all aspects - I give him credit for a lot but he also is responsible for many things (good and bad).

You don't think any of the following were "Good"?

Freezing all Federal Hiring Outside of the Military

Pulling Support for the Obama Drive to Force Women to Allow Men in Their Bathrooms

Reinstating The Mexico City Policy:

Ordered Federal Agencies To Cut Two Regulations For Every New One They Propose

Putting Out An Executive Order Asking The DOJ And Homeland Security to Withhold “Federal Funds, Except As Mandated By Law” From Sanctuary Cities

Approving The Dakota Access Pipeline And The Keystone Pipeline

Killing The Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Deal

Forcing companies to go back and come up with a new, less expensive bid to build jets

Refusing the AF1 update

Drawing a line AND sticking to it with Syria

Reversed a planned cut on mortgage insurance for many first-time homebuyers.

Ended a policy known as "catch and release

-Helped very much magnify the problem with feminism in this country as it has mutated into a man-hate charade led by lunatic fringes that hate facts and hate common sense even more.

Excuse me. . . I'm not a huge fan of feminists at all . . . but how exactly has he done this? If anything he's helped them out by showing that a large percentage of the country will listen to a man basically talk about all the way he's sexually assaulted women and still vote for him as president.

Mattis seems okay. Otherwise, Trump has been and will be horrible.
You were saying the same thing about the UofI President a while back... He seems to be doing a pretty good job now from what I hear... Did you throw the towel in on Obama within the first 3mths? He was horrible as well.

Excuse me. . . I'm not a huge fan of feminists at all . . . but how exactly has he done this? If anything he's helped them out by showing that a large percentage of the country will listen to a man basically talk about all the way he's sexually assaulted women and still vote for him as president.
YOu talking about Bill Clinton while in office?

Sexually assaulted who for one? Also, certain sects in the feminism movement have completely gone out of control and their outcry or flat out beligerence has been on display since he campaigned.

Women are now more free and capable than EVER in America, and yet they are freaking out more than ever.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Sexually assaulted who for one? Also, certain sects in the feminism movement have completely gone out of control and their outcry or flat out beligerence has been on display since he campaigned.

Women are now more free and capable than EVER in America, and yet they are freaking out more than ever.
Well, except for a woman's ability to control her own body.

He wasn't horrible in all aspects - I give him credit for a lot but he also is responsible for many things (good and bad).

You don't think any of the following were "Good"?

Freezing all Federal Hiring Outside of the Military

Pulling Support for the Obama Drive to Force Women to Allow Men in Their Bathrooms

Reinstating The Mexico City Policy:

Ordered Federal Agencies To Cut Two Regulations For Every New One They Propose

Putting Out An Executive Order Asking The DOJ And Homeland Security to Withhold “Federal Funds, Except As Mandated By Law” From Sanctuary Cities

Approving The Dakota Access Pipeline And The Keystone Pipeline

Killing The Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Deal

Forcing companies to go back and come up with a new, less expensive bid to build jets

Refusing the AF1 update

Drawing a line AND sticking to it with Syria

Reversed a planned cut on mortgage insurance for many first-time homebuyers.

Ended a policy known as "catch and release

Of the meaningful things there, I'd say no to all. I'll go into detail with a bit more time. The only one I'd (somewhat) agree on is #2, but it's a misstatement of what is really occurring.

Also, some aren't fully bad, per se, but misguided or unneeded. As an example, your #1. I fully agree that the federal government has far too much bloat, but doing a full on hiring freeze is a bad way to cope with it. And while green suit military isn't affected, DOD and (specifically to my service) DA Civilians are, which hurts readiness by not backfilling jobs which aren't currently targeted to be filled by green suiters. There are far better ways to tackle this than a straight freeze.

Another is #8. Telling companies to "go make it cheaper" is not realistic. Realistic is fixing the military acquisition process and how contract bids and approvals are done. You can't just tell someone to make something cheaper, that's not how it works.

Reactions: strummingram
He's guaranteeing that the shift back to a more progressive-friendly culture will be even more dramatic than when Obama took office. That's a broad brush, but it will manifest itself in many ways.

The things that middle America thought he was going to do is not going to happen. Their dice-roll will come out to be Snake Eyes. That is good because it, hopefully, teaches people to never trust politicians.

Also, his inability to learn on-the-fly is more and more obvious. He had no interest in being the president, he only wanted to win the contest. His kids are crying on national radio and TV news about how he, and they, are being treated unfairly. Welcome to American politics. If your dumb-shit father didn't have such a fragile ego, you could still be enjoying the best life imaginable. Don't blame a critical public. Blame your old man.

This is my personal favorite as well. They have gone full retard in record time.
Well . . . so far no one has come up with a nontrivial positive for Trump.

Meanwhile there's a long list of things Trump has done or tried to do that are awful.

So being upset about Trump sounds like the rational response. Labeling rational responses as "full retard" doesn't change the fact that they are rational responses.

Reactions: Huey Grey
-Gotten China to the table against NK, which hopefully helps stave off issues with NK

-So far hasn't invaded Syria trying to overthrow Assad

-Hasn't continued to start ish with Russians

-Has driven the Liberals full stupid, showing America their true virtues, which is violence, hate and reverse racism.

-Made a so far very successful against sex trafficking

-Got the pipeline greenlighted

-Stopped TPP

-Is in the process of dismantling the EPA

-Is in the process of dismantling the DOE

-Encouraged corporations to come back

-Gave the market enough faith to allow a return to regular interest rates

-Actually is attacking the hell out of ISIS targets,(sorry at this point it needs to be done)

-Brought a new attitude to the country that was VERY MUCH needed. Sorry but the liberal puss cakes were flat out ruining the country by churning out a generation of snowflake drones who can't deal with real life.

-Very blatantly and effectively called out news organizations like CNN as the propaganda peddling BS organizations that they are. Fox News was already known as this for a long time.

-Stopped Hillary from being President

I give you credit, you are a full blown asshole consistently.

You were saying the same thing about the UofI President a while back... He seems to be doing a pretty good job now from what I hear... Did you throw the towel in on Obama within the first 3mths? He was horrible as well.
My biggest issue was not with Harreld himself, but the manner in which Rastetter forced him upon the U of Iowa over more qualified candidates and over the wishes of those who would be working with him.
Harreld's a good guy; remains to be seen how effective he really will be. But, I'm giving him a chance to prove himself. Unfortunately, he has to learn on the job and doesn't seem to have a complete grasp of a research intensive university.

Which happens to be a major criticism of Trump. He doesn't know the first thing about governing and I don't think he had the ability to fully grasp it. Nor do I think he has the temperament. I think he's psychiatrically disturbed or dementing.

Obama was trying to clean up the massive economic crisis. Additionally, he's a good person. Trump is a horrible person down to his core.

Last edited:
Beat Hillary. The meltdown 24/7 by the left is awesome. It shows they talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

Last edited:
This is like asking what you like about your alcoholic grandfather who molested you as a kid.

I'm sorry about your drunk, sex offender grandpa. Good luck with your therapy. At least this explains most of your issues.

• EO on lobbying ban
  • Called on the NATO countries to pay their share
  • Removed Bannon from the NSC
I don't consider SCOTUS nominee a win since he threw a name out there and the Senate had to "go nuclear" to get him through.

None of these things required him to do much more than open his mouth or sign something. Not a lot of time or political manuvering invested in any of these.
Those aren't bad things, I agree. But the first 2 of them are just words until they produce actual results. And the final one is just correcting his own mistake - and besides, Bannon can still participate on the NSC, he just isn't a principal any more.

It's also worth pointing out that some of Trump's lobbying changes make it easier for corporations to influence government.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/28/...acets-of-lobbying-ban-and-weakens-others.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT