Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Le Pen will win and that will be meh.

• Le Pen will win and that will be bad.

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
While Macron has a small lead going into the runoff, the worry is that enough lefties could sit out this election for Le Pen to pull the upset.

Macron clobbered Le Pen in the last election. So what's different?

Le Pen has softened her message and grabbed a couple of positions that average French, including some on the left, prefer to Macron's mainstream business positions.

Macron turned out to be more to the right than expected by those lefties who supported him last time.

Another worry is that many who will vote Le Pen aren't being accurately counted in the polls - as happened here in 2016.

So this is sort of similar to the 2020 US election. Here, after seeing just how awful Trump was, lefties who had rejected Hillary surged to support Biden. Whereas in France, lefties who made sure Macron beat Le Pen before, are now disillusioned with Macron.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Le Pen would be a disaster for France. French politics seem to suffer from not having many quality national leaders currently.

I admittedly don't know much of anything about French politics, so I have to lean on out resident HORT experts on French politics.

According to them, the NAZIS would officially be in charge of France again, which sounds bad.

Reactions: thewop
I admittedly don't know much of anything about French politics, so I have to lean on out resident HORT experts on French politics.

According to them, the NAZIS would officially be in charge of France again, which sounds bad.
Same boat, dont know a ton about french politics, what she wants to do, what hes trying to prevent, etc. The Nazi stuff sounds like hyperbole. "Nazis" are a lever people like to pull to demonize the other side of any political rivalry (see putin, democrats, republicans, and now the french).

Nobody likes a nazi, so if you can make someone feel like they're siding with nazis if they don't agree with you, it's seen as a winning strategy.

Always dangerous to comment on an unfamiliar country's politics, but from what I've read Macron's proposal to raise the retirement age from 62 to 65 has been disastrous.

LePen would be a disaster for the west and liberal democracy. She has just recently proposed removing France from the command structure of NATO.

LePen would be a disaster for the west and liberal democracy. She has just recently proposed removing France from the command structure of NATO.
As I understand it, all the major French contenders were weaker than we might like on NATO. Even Macron.

Melenchon (who barely missed knocking Le Pen out of the runoff spot) apparently wanted to deemphasize NATO in favor of the UN. A position I also favor.

I didn't realize it until I looked it up, but she's only 53 years old, and a very rough looking 53 year old I must say. It must be due to all of the hate in her heart bubbling up.

• Haha
Reactions: 86Hawkeye
I actually like Macron. He appears to want France to take more of a leadership role in international affairs, in the process usurping part of our role along the way. That is good.

I have favored Le Pen over the past few years, mostly for her concern over bringing in more Islamic refugees than her economy can absorb. She also seems to see the folly of allowing too many Islamists into France. I love that she likes Nuclear power, and Hydroelectric. She dislikes Wind energy, correctly considering it uneconomic and a cruel joke on the wokesters. On foreign policy, Le Pen has criticised Turkish President Erdoğan. She also criticised the privileged relations that France maintains with countries such as Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which she said are helping to fund and arm Islamist fundamentalists, while encouraging closer ties with the United Arab Emirates and Egypt, which she said "fight fundamentalism". She clearly sees a threat form Islam, She appears to be pro-Israel, although she is not that popular in Israel.

...........................................................................................................................

We should probably make this about comparing the wives/husbands, I would declare a tie between Brigette and Carla.

The French seem to have high standards in this regard.

Mrs. Brigette Macron who President Trump complemented on her surprisingly "hard body."
Brigitte-Macron-her-5-beauty-secrets-to-look-younger.jpeg

Carla Bruni (Mrs. Sarkozy, president prior to Macron) seems to have set a high bar. She might be the most attractive first lady ever. French voters clearly erred when they voted her out.

GettyImages-131915860_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwc_BxS7Ji-NmQX51HmGIPXY.jpg

(Former) husband of Marine Le Pen - Eric Lorio: Kicked to the curb, and I think we can see why. Mrs. Le Pen shows that she can change course when it suits her:

photos-qui-est-eric-lorio-le-deuxieme-mari-de-marine-le-pen-qui-ressemble-beaucoup-a-son-compagnon-louis-aliot.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT