ADVERTISEMENT

What is the longest you have ever gone without drinking?

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016
With the twins coming out of the womb any day now I am going to pause the drinking so I am but drunk or hungover during the delivery. #mature

It got me thinking, what is the longest you have gone without the booze? My record might maybe be 3 weeks

Reactions: Lurker1999
I don't drink much anymore and i don't really pay attention to it, but I've probably gone a year or more in between drinks during my later adult life. When I was in college, maybe a half hour.

I think I was 16 when I had my first drink. In my adult life, probably a month, maybe a little longer; I've done that a couple of times during gout flareups. Currently, I'm working on day 1, but I won't make it since I'll have a couple while watching the game tonight.

Longest for me was six months as part of a contest. I pretty much breezed through it after the first couple days. Since then, I don’t think it’s been more than a few days.

I usually go every February without drinking... although in the last couple of years I may only drink 1 or 2 times every couple weeks.

Back in 2015, I went three weeks off before a vacation, I then proceeded to get fairly drunk for about 40/42 days of vacation in Southeast Asia...

I'm currently on a 6 day streak, and planning to do a no drink January, with maybe an exception here or there.

Varying between 6-12 months various times, depending on deployment length.

If you'd have asked when I was stationed in Germany, my answer would be in hours, sometimes minutes. Funny how different some of my answers would be on the GAT (survey on mental, physical, spiritual, social items in the Army) when I was 19 compared to now.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Probably like 7 or 8 months. Used to drink practically everyday back 8 or so years ago. Anymore a few beers give me a headache in the morning so I don't bother. I don't know if I had a single beer tailgating this year. Plus I get high on life.

I've gone months before. Two to three weeks to a month is common for me, maybe the norm. After college, I've never been compelled to drink daily. Hell, even in college, when I would let it rip multiple times a week, I was never someone that could get drunk seven days in a row or anything like that.

I have no problem going without alcohol...my issue, insomuch as I would ever have one, is that I'm not good as a moderate drinker. Very hard for me to have one beer and not have ten. Even now, put me in a drinking social occasion like a wedding reception, and I can get to double digit drinks pretty quickly. Just not good about saying no after the first one. I have to really check myself at work functions with alcohol, which only became something I started dealing with at my most recent job...not always successfully.

I've really only mastered moderate drinking in recent years as my kids got older, so that they could see there was such a thing as moderate or social drinking. Before that, I just wouldn't drink in front of my kids at all, but after they went to bed, I could sit and drink alone and excessively (once every few weeks).

With the twins coming out of the womb any day now I am going to pause the drinking so I am but drunk or hungover during the delivery. #mature

It got me thinking, what is the longest you have gone without the booze? My record might maybe be 3 weeks
A little over 18 months, if we're limiting this to after we started drinking regularly.

Reactions: BrunoMars420

12 minutes if you don't count face down in the gutter passed out.

Reactions: HeathForrester
In my college/adult life, probably 4-5 days. But I've been drinking too much lately so starting today I'm gonna try to not drink Monday through Thursday, unless there's some sort of special occasion. Have no confidence I can do it, but we'll see.

Reactions: HeathForrester
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT