ADVERTISEMENT

What is wrong with me lately?

Things people do to themselves still don’t get me worked up, but lately I have been getting so sad when I read about people dying, or kids fighting cancer or getting shot or someone like the little girl getting buried at the beach. Or the woman at UGA.

Stuff’s just getting to me more these days.

What’s up with that?
Maybe reading too much negative crap online and not enough humdrum everyday crap that people used to experience before phones took over their lives? Maybe a break from the internet is needed….

This is a protest song that had not yet been recorded before it was performed in the encore of my first live Bright Eyes show in Iowa City, IA. This is Bush 2nd term if the Denali and Katrina references seem dated:

Things people do to themselves still don’t get me worked up, but lately I have been getting so sad when I read about people dying, or kids fighting cancer or getting shot or someone like the little girl getting buried at the beach. Or the woman at UGA.

What’s up with that?

That's good!

It means what's "right" with you. If you didn't care, it'd mean you are a sociopath.

A relatively well known phenomenon. I get misty eyed now at all sorts of things I can't explain. Much of it is based in art. WWII movies which I've seen 100 times like saving private ryan when he's standing next to the grave or music about raising kids and then thinking about my own children (Cat Stevens-Father and Son, Harry Chapin's Cats in the Cradle).

I think it stems from years of trying to be the tough, hard ass society makes us think we need to be. Also comes from aging. That fvcker, Father Time, is starting to get the best of me. I think we see the innocence in us.

Reactions: JupiterHawk

What’s up with that?
social media

My advice is to find jiu-jitsu training near where you live, if it's available within a drive you're willing to regularly navigate. The madness and violence of the world are overwhelming. But, I think you'd be surprised how suffering on your own, both physically and mentally, in a positive atmosphere, for the point of seeking to purify your own spirit can help you. In dealing with your own existence and the world around you. Check it you. You can roll as a complete amateur.
Years ago, when my wife and I were dating we had split up for awhile. At the time I was rolling twice a week. During the break it went to 6 days a week. It was the best thing I could do for myself to heal. I know it sounds kinda a sadistic but it really worked. I know. CSB

A relatively well known phenomenon. I get misty eyed now at all sorts of things I can't explain. Much of it is based in art. WWII movies which I've seen 100 times like saving private ryan when he's standing next to the grave or music about raising kids and then thinking about my own children (Cat Stevens-Father and Son, Harry Chapin's Cats in the Cradle).

I think it stems from years of trying to be the tough, hard ass society makes us think we need to be. Also comes from aging. That fvcker, Father Time, is starting to get the best of me. I think we see the innocence in us.

Thank you!
This is exactly what I’m talking about. Even music a time or two.

Reactions: Urohawk

What’s up with that?

Any major life changes recently. I know when I had kids stuff like that started bothering me a lot more.

My Mom used to say "Every day you should cry a little but laugh a lot"
She is deceased now but I do this almost daily. I've got a soft heart and for some unknown reason I have a way of feeling what others are feeling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT