ADVERTISEMENT

What is your favorite ride at Disney World?

What is your favorite ride at Disney World?

• Tower of Terror

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Soarin’

• Expedition Everest

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • 7 Dwarfs Mine Train

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Flight of Passage

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Rockin Rollercoaster

• Haunted Mansion

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Rise of the Resistance

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
I've been protesting Disney since they axed Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

And they banned smoking.

So, screw them. Hope they DIAF.

Space Mountain gave me vertigo for a week. I’m going with Haunted Mansion.

Space Mountain is a tiny, crappy little carnival roller coaster with a light show.

When I went on the Haunted Mansion when it first opened (1970?) it was groundbreaking stuff. When I took my kid there in the early 2000’s it was still damn cool. But I haven’t been there in at least 12 years, so I don’t know about the new stuff.

In all honesty, Disney World on balance is pretty lame.

Only place I liked was Epcot. The restaurants and bars with beer were my friend. Liked the rides - car, rocket, and hang glider. It was a good place to hang for the food and booze.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
This doesn't deserve it's own thread so I'll leave it here. TRUTH:
EYGFOfgXkAIQMIc

To be fair, Florida also has the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Funny you mention that because it makes me think... you could do a similar map of Great Britain where it's a crown in the southeast and Harry Potter everywhere else.

Expedition Everest is the best ride on the list.

But bonus points to space mountain for having the massage chairs in the gift shop as you exit. Each of the last 3 times I’ve ridden it there was a (different) woman having an orgasm on it. Two of them very audibly.

Expedition Everest is the best ride on the list.

But bonus points to space mountain for having the massage chairs in the gift shop as you exit. Each of the last 3 times I’ve ridden it there was a (different) woman having an orgasm on it. Two of them very audibly.

Pics?

As the parent of three between the ages of 13-18, I have been there more times than I care to admit. For me, the pandora ride “flight of passage” is hands down the best of the bunch.

Reactions: mmllcc

should have taken some.

1) very audible moaning 50yo looked like a HS Spanish teacher. Loved it, had no cares. 2/10

2) early 30s whimpering; looked torn: she was digging it but looked embarrassed but couldn’t stop. Was trying not to be noticeable so had little sounds but kept clenching backwards with her eyes rolling into the back of her head. 5/10

3) cuter late 20s. Was able to be silent and less noticeable, but waves of quakes were unmistakeable. 7/10

Need some input from the Florida crew.

I'm an annual passholder at Universal and go typically about 10x a year (usually 4-6 Mardi Gras concerts, at least once for HHN, at least once for Grinchmas, at least once with family and friends for a planned "Drinking Around the Universe" and a couple of times just to do rides and enjoy the parks. For Disney, I'm less of a fan as for the most part they haven't kept up with Universal's rides and theming post Harry Potter. So I typically go once a year, usually during the Food and Wine Festival and I typically just get a one day hopper pass and do the new rides plus shows and restaurants I want in three parks and just make a long day of it.

I'll give you my favorite rides in order with Universal rides in bold and Disney in italics. Before getting to the list, while it is a fair complaint to say that Universal has "too many virtual rides", it is equally fair (and probably more true) that Disney has way too many boring boat rides (10-2 and Universal’s are actually fun and energetic) and flat dark rides.

Also before getting to the ride breakdown, I'd compare the two new marquee themed areas in Disney (Avatar and Star Wars) to the two Harry Potter lands in Universal. The first thing you will notice is how well thought out everything at the HP lands from the foods to the way staff interact with tourists. Everything in the HP area is not only ripped straight from the books and/or movies, but it's highly interactive and the staff do a great job at imparting that it's an unusual day to have Muggles running around the Wizarding World. While Disney has tried to ape this, it just doesn't work (and I'll note, I'm a FAR bigger Star Wars nerd than I am a HP fan). The problem with Avatar is there's only the one Avatar movie to draw on and they didn't get into much food, drinks and lore plus the colonials are just generic Space Americans. And the problem with Star Wars was that rather and redo planets, bars and foods you'd recognize from the movies, TV shows and books, they decided to create a "new planet" so all of the food and drinks (other than the truly terrible green milk and blue milk) are just newly made up %*^* with no nostalgia. Meanwhile, a great majority of the foods and drinks at Universal's HP lands are not only delicious (butterbeer in all four forms are amazing: regular, iced, warm and ice cream), but they are familiar and nostalgic to readers and moviegoers including but not limited to the butterbeers, Harry's favorite strawberry and peanut butter ice cream, Gillywater, potions of all sorts, chocolate frogs, clotted cream ice cream, pepper imps, pumpkin juice, fizzing whizbees, firewhiskey (add a shot to a warm butter beer and you'll be in heaven), every flavor beans, ice mice, plus all the English food staples at Three Broomsticks and Hogs Head pub.

As far as the rides my combined list, I'll post it in a follow-up as this is getting long.

Need some input from the Florida crew.

Here's my combined list of most rides (skipping the flat "fair rides" and true kiddie only rides at both parks) with Universal rides in bold and Disney in Italics:

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (IOA)
Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure (IOA)
The Incredible Hulk Coaster (IOA)
Revenge of the Mummy (USO)
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (USO)

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)
Expedition Everest (AK)
Rock 'N Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (DHS)
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Ride (DHS)
Haunted Mansion (MK)

Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (IOA)
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (USO)
Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror (DHS)
Men in Black: Alien Attack (USO)
Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges (IOA)
Transformers (USO)
The Simpsons Ride (USO)

Big Thunder Mountain (MK)
Space Mountain (MK)

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (IOA)
Jurassic Park (IOA)

Splash Mountain (MK)
Skull Island Reign of Kong (IOA)
Star Tours: The Adventure Continues (DHS)
Soarin Around the World (Epcot)
Toy Story Mania (DHS)
Kali River Rapids (AK)
Dinosaur (AK)
7 Dwarfs Mine Ride (MK)

Despicable Me Minion Mayhem (USO)
Flight of the Hippogriff (IOA)

Test Track (Epcot)
Slinky Dog Dash (DHS)

ET Adventure (USO)
Shrek 4D (USO)
Hogwarts Express (both parks)

Pirates of the Caribbean (MK)
Spaceship Earth (Epcot)
Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run (DHS)
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (MK)
Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
Na’vi River Journey (AK)

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon (USO)
Peter Pan’s Flight (MK)
Mission: Space (Epcot)
Living with the Land (Epcot)
Primeval Whirl (AK)

The Cat in the Hat (IOA)
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros (Epcot)
It’s A Small World (MK)
The Seas with Nemo and Friends (Epcot)
Under the Sea (MK)
Jungle Cruise (MK)
Journey into Imagination with Figment (Epcot)

Fast and Furious Supercharged (USO)
Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover (MK)
Tomorrowland Speedway (MK)

Here's my combined list of most rides (skipping the flat "fair rides" and true kiddie only rides at both parks) with Universal rides in bold and Disney in Italics:

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (IOA)
Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure (IOA)
The Incredible Hulk Coaster (IOA)
Revenge of the Mummy (USO)
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (USO)

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)
Expedition Everest (AK)
Rock 'N Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (DHS)
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Ride (DHS)
Haunted Mansion (MK)

Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (IOA)
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (USO)

Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror (DHS)
Men in Black: Alien Attack (USO)
Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges (IOA)
Transformers (USO)
The Simpsons Ride (USO)

Big Thunder Mountain (MK)
Space Mountain (MK)

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (IOA)
Jurassic Park (IOA)

Splash Mountain (MK)
Skull Island Reign of Kong (IOA)
Star Tours: The Adventure Continues (DHS)
Soarin Around the World (Epcot)
Toy Story Mania (DHS)
Kali River Rapids (AK)
Dinosaur (AK)
7 Dwarfs Mine Ride (MK)

Despicable Me Minion Mayhem (USO)
Flight of the Hippogriff (IOA)

Test Track (Epcot)
Slinky Dog Dash (DHS)

ET Adventure (USO)
Shrek 4D (USO)
Hogwarts Express (both parks)

Pirates of the Caribbean (MK)
Spaceship Earth (Epcot)
Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run (DHS)
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (MK)
Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
Na’vi River Journey (AK)

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon (USO)
Peter Pan’s Flight (MK)
Mission: Space (Epcot)
Living with the Land (Epcot)
Primeval Whirl (AK)

The Cat in the Hat (IOA)
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros (Epcot)
It’s A Small World (MK)
The Seas with Nemo and Friends (Epcot)
Under the Sea (MK)
Jungle Cruise (MK)
Journey into Imagination with Figment (Epcot)

Fast and Furious Supercharged (USO)
Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover (MK)
Tomorrowland Speedway (MK)
Although we have only been to universal and disney once (each for a week) with kids, I cannot quibble with this. You are much fonder of the food, however.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT