ADVERTISEMENT

What Kamala Harris Has Said About Reparations for Black People

RicoSuave102954

HB All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Vice President Kamala Harris has expressed support for reparations for Black people as her presidential campaign kicks off in earnest.

Last Sunday, President Joe Biden dropped out the of race and endorsed Harris following weeks of interparty fighting among Democrats on whether he should pass the torch after his poor performance in the first presidential debate against Donald Trump in June.

Since then, talk has turned to what a potential Harris presidency might look like and what policies she might support.

Asked about the issue of reparations by Black publication The Root, Harris threw her support behind the concept of measures aimed to atone for the United State's legacy of slavery and discrimination against African Americans.

"I think there has to be some form of reparations and we could discuss what that is, but look, we're looking at more than 200 years of slavery," she said. "We're looking at almost 100 years of Jim Crow. We're looking at legalized segregation and in fact segregation on so many levels that exist today based on race and there has not been any kind of intervention done understanding the harm and the damage that occurred to correct [the] course. And so we are seeing the effects of all those years play out still today."

When pressed further, she agreed that if elected president, she would lead a conversation about what reparations for Black people would look like.

"Yeah, including things like what we should be doing to take very seriously undiagnosed and untreated trauma," she said.

• Haha
Reactions: ericram
IMO giving someone money to ease everyone's conscious is simply a slap in the face. I believe creating a statue is really the most sincere thing that can be done. Throw in the June 19th National Holiday and it's a done deal.

We're halfway done with the reparations.

• Love
Reactions: Honda Hawk
Conservatives, especially MAGA Republicans, are seriously rattled by Kamala Harris. They are all over the place.

Reparations LOL ….that’s new. I guess “the DEI candidate” label didn’t land with the splash as they expected. What’s next?

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
Conservatives, especially MAGA Republicans, are seriously rattled by Kamala Harris. They are all over the place.

Reparations LOL ….that’s new. I guess “the DEI candidate” label didn’t land with the splash as they expected. What’s next?
LOL - She's still slobbering over being called THE DEI CANDIDATE.

BTW nobody I know in the MAGA Party is rattled over 3% Harris.

Reactions: ICHerky
Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Ancestors? You brought Reagan up and his pay off was to actual survivors.

Why would you give something to someone who was not a victim?

Ancestors deserve nothing, enjoy your holiday.

LOL Ancestors LOL

How stupid are you?
Critical thinking, patriot. Critical thinking, time.

Slavery ended in 1865. There are no surviving, ex slaves. If it was only about the survivors, why would you be so upset?

Put your thinking cap on, patriot.

Slavery ended in 1865. There are no surviving, ex slaves. If it was only about the survivors, why would you be so upset?

We still have American Indians fenced in on reservations and we still hold title to their lands and you want to hand money over to someone whose great great great aunt on their step brothers side may have been a slave?

LOL

We still have American Indians fenced in on reservations and we still hold title to their lands and you want to hand money over to someone whose great great great aunt on their step brothers side may have been a slave?

LOL

No,.. he actually doesn't want to do that.

Math What GIF by Riki Barker

LOL
I never said I was in favor of. I just said it's not a lot different than what Reagan did for Japanese Americans.

You're the one who wanted to argue about it.

Why would you be so dense as to think what Reagan did is remotely related to what 3% Harris is advocating?

The survivors of the Japanese Camps didn't even get a national holiday and they are still living.

The great great great relatives of someone who claimed they were an alleged slave got a National Holiday, seems to me they got all they got coming to them.

Why would you be so dense as to think what Reagan did is remotely related to what 3% Harris is advocating?

The survivors of the Japanese Camps didn't even get a national holiday and they are still living.

The great great great relatives of someone who claimed they were an alleged slave got a National Holiday, seems to me they got all they got coming to them.
I don’t think this poster has any chance of understanding what you are explaining.

IMO, reparations for descendants only serve to exacerbate the racial divide by pissing off lower and middle class non-black citizens whose only difference from a practical perspective with those receiving them is the lack of pigmentation. Slaves and their owners have been gone for many years and the idea of randomly giving money in some cases to middle and upper class citizens because their ancestors from over a century ago were enslaved makes no sense. Calculations for these handouts are pulled completely out of the ass. It's really just a give away.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Because what he was explaining made no sense.

What do government holidays have to do with paying reparations?
That is the reparation, the holiday itself, put up a statue somewhere and we're good to go. That's all we need to do, now time to look at the calendar it's 2024 and time to move on.

Paying someone money for something that has nothing to do with them is the most ludicrous idea of all time and the vast majority of American taxpayers are 100% against it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT