ADVERTISEMENT

What mower do you have?

General Tso

HR Legend
Nov 20, 2004
Currently use an electric Craftsman mower for our city lot, but getting a bit bigger yard so probably looking at going back to something gas. Will have a about 3/4 acre to mow, mostly flat.

X350_Front_Left_studio_graphic_1024x576_small_7c74d3bec4acd9a39b618b2d82c529d390c7b90e.jpg

Last edited:
20 yr old self propelled Craftsman that a neighbor put out the taking because self propel didn't work and he was getting a riding one anyway. Gave it a tune up, self propel didn't work because belt snapped so replaced that and been working fine going on 4 years now.

Bought my first battery mower, a Snapper, 4 years ago, and a Snapper trimmer as well. Came with 2 batteries and a charger. Still going strong and while batteries may be about $200 each, I’ll happily replace them when necessary. I like them that much and there are other accessories available.

Home: JD LT 180
Craftsman pusher

Work

Kabota 60 inch cut diesel
Toro 60 inch gasser
Toro walk behind 54inch*

* Something to be said for riding but if you have like < 1.5 acre of mowing and want your shit to look really good, get this or a 48. When my JD finally goes I'm either getting a dorky 48inch zero turn or the walk behind. When you get good with the walk behind they are awesome.

Home: JD LT 180
Craftsman pusher

Work

Kabota 60 inch cut diesel
Toro 60 inch gasser
Toro walk behind 54inch*

* Something to be said for riding but if you have like < 1.5 acre of mowing and want your shit to look really good, get this or a 48. When my JD finally goes I'm either getting a dorky 48inch zero turn or the walk behind. When you get good with the walk behind they are awesome.
Are you a landscaper or….?

Reactions: Moral
20 inch Jacobson mulcher, vintage roughly 1995. Replacement B&S Quantum 5hp vintage 1990ish. I pieced it together from curb alert discards - runs perfect, nice small size light mower I use in the fall as a de-thatcher.

22 inch Craftsman mulcher deck circa 2005. Replacement B&S 6.5hp OHV engine circa 2008 that I bought non-running (but still in the OEM box) at a garage sale for $25. Evidently the owner bought it and tried mounting it on a deck, failed...then sold it to me thinking it was bad (it wasn't...he just didn't know what the hell he was doing). Deck was curb alert free, engine $25, new blade $20...fantastic push mower that runs and mows like a brand new rig.

For my cabin, the only mower I've ever bought brand new in 2005. A carbon copy of the Craftsman above with the original Tecumseh 4.5hp engine. Runs and mows perfect.

And if any of my mowers has an engine that blows up, I've got a 5.5hp B&S Quantum sitting in reserve...

I'll never buy a new mower again. I can take most any discarded/non-running mower and inexpensively get it running back to new. Through the years I've picked up quite a few free curb alert mowers, fixed them up (usually carb issues, which are easy to fix), and sold them off. Basically free money for me...

I bought a Green Works Pro mower, trimmer, and chainsaw 4 years ago and absolutely love them. We moved out to the country 2 years ago and after doing lots of research and talking to a buddy who owns a tree removal/lawn maintenance company and a lawn mower salesman, I decided to get a gas mower instead of battery powered mower for the 2 of 5 acres I actually mow on our hilly property. I went with a Simplicity Regent riding mower. It cuts great and the lawn looks good but once the technology is there, I’ll be trading that in for a battery powered rider. Hopefully within a couple years.

Something like that.

I'm just happy I can do my own.

Kudos to you for doing it yourself. I enjoy getting out there and mowing with my Gravely 1336 walk behind self propelled mower. It’s my zone out time so I don’t have to listen to anyone but a mower and music if I have my earbuds in. I can’t stand when people try to talk to me while I’m mowing. Leave me alone!

th

Currently use an electric Craftsman mower for our city lot, but getting a bit bigger yard so probably looking at going back to something gas. Will have a about 3/4 acre to mow, mostly flat.
Gomez! He does a great job and takes care of the weeds also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT