ADVERTISEMENT

What mower do you have?

I have a Cub Cadet SLTX 1054 that I am going to sell once it gets back from the shop.

Because I moved up to a Club Cadet ZT2 54inch . Saves so much time every week. Midwest mowing culture is so weird.

Cub-Cadet_ZT254_1.jpg

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
Skil battery powered and I love it. Gas mower never again.

That’s what I have, though I don’t need it often because our HOA takes care of the lawn. I just pull it out occasionally when the grass is growing too fast to go a full week between mows.

The electrics are fantastic. I don’t know about others, but this one folds up to take hardly any room in the garage.

Honda HRX17 self propelled walk behind. As with most things Honda, a mechanical thing of simple beauty.

40940296.jpg

Mine is similar to that. The Honda replaced an old Briggs and Stratton that I had to frequently work on to keep running. The Honda starts on first or second pull every time.

John Deere X354 and JD Z545R

I have a lot to mow. The lawn tractor works best on side hills and the zero turn does the rest. I still takes 5 hours to mow not including trimming.

At the house I have an old beast Craftsman riding mower that I bought about 30 years ago; it looks like crap but it was built back when machinery was built to last. I've done very, very little maintenance to it; in 30 years I've probably only changed the oil 4 or 5 times, replaced the blades a couple of times, replaced the belt a couple of times when it broke, replaced the tires once. New battery every few years when the old one dies. Other than that, I put gas in it and it cranks up.
When my dad died a few years ago, I inherited a Husqvarna that he'd owned for about 5 years. It is an absolute POS - the most expensive free thing in the history of the world. In 3 years it's been in the shop at least once a year, and it's again not running well. I keep it at my lakehouse, use it to mow my property and my neighbor's yard (he's older & through the years has always been good about letting my kids run around on his property, using the two yards as a baseball/football/soccer, whatever, field.
Next time the Husqvarna craps out, I'm gonna drag it up to the street & put a "free" sign on it.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Toro 22" Recycler with Personal Pace

Found it on facebook marketplace for $25. Person said it wouldn't start. Took it home, cleaned it up, changed the oil, spark plugs, and added some stabil and it started right up.
Same Toro model that I own, bought it used for $50 about 10 years ago. It’s been a solid performer with minimal upkeep. Easy to maintain and it always starts. Besides the air filter the only part I’ve replaced is the self propel cable that snapped. Parts are easy to find online and very affordable.

Reactions: millah_22
Same Toro model that I own, bought it used for $50 about 10 years ago. It’s been a solid performer with minimal upkeep. Easy to maintain and it always starts. Besides the air filter the only part I’ve replaced is the self propel cable that snapped. Parts are easy to find online and very affordable.
Right? Pretty much every year I change the oil and sharpen the blade and it never wavers.

X570_48.jpg

Feel as though we should have gotten a zero turn mower instead. Too many damn trees to mow around.
Before buying our house I thought having a bunch of trees would be nice and add a little bit of change/excitement every season. I quickly found out trees are a pain in the ass.

I went tractor first, having trees was a PITA. When I finally got the zero turn, it works a lot better. Never stopping and reversing etc has taken my total in the seat mowing time almost in half.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT