ADVERTISEMENT

What mower do you have?

My wife.

No, seriously, I hate mowing and she enjoys it...win/win

Same.

So I bought her an electric self-propelled mower this year. She loves it.

ryobi-electric-self-propelled-lawn-mowers-ry401140-64_600.jpg

jd-x300.png

Have this one right now for the last 12 years. Replaced the drive belt the other day. I usually have it serviced every other year.

Will probably go for a zero turn next time to save some minutes.

jd-x300.png

Have this one right now for the last 12 years. Replaced the drive belt the other day. I usually have it serviced every other year.

Will probably go for a zero turn next time to save some minutes.
The 180 has about 1150 hours on it and the rear pulley, that the drive shaft turns going into the rear end of the tractor went out. I put a new belt on with the pulley.

Want to swear at work:

I snapped that bolt on the idler thinking it was something else and doing it blind.

20240620-171535.jpg

I said screw it and used a come-a-long to lift the whole damn thing by it's nose on a tree branch so I could tap the damn thing out.

Reactions: hexumhawk
I was looking for this a few years back because of good Consumer Reports ratings but couldn't find a decent price. Ended up getting a lower rated Greenworks 80V model for about half the price and am happy to say it has worked great.
This is what I have. It's awesome.

Never understood why people call it that, when it's really not all that great.
Sometime when you feel ambitious come out to my neck of the woods. We can go for a float down the river, drink a beer on the big rock in the woods and we will put a little gravel in your blood, you will get it by the time the bowl starts getting passed around. Bring a few of them sours with you.

Reactions: millah_22
Sometime when you feel ambitious come out to my neck of the woods. We can go for a float down the river, drink a beer on the big rock in the woods and we will put a little gravel in your blood, you will get it by the time the bowl starts getting passed around. Bring a few of them sours with you.
I lived in Iowa for 25 years. I get the gist of the state. I've also lived elsewhere. Iowa has beautiful spots. There is good and bad wherever you go. I just get a kick out of people calling cornfields and brown rivers "God's Country."

I lived in Iowa for 25 years. I get the gist of the state. I've also lived elsewhere. Iowa has beautiful spots. There is good and bad wherever you go. I just get a kick out of people calling cornfields and brown rivers "God's Country."
To be fair thr first time I ever heard anyone say that they were speaking about grand island nebraska so I've always said it tongue in cheek.

* My home is also in the middle raccoon river valley so thr topography LOOKS closer to the Appalachians than it does "Iowa". Now, you drive a mile down the road....... corn fields and gravel roads.

Open offer.

Reactions: millah_22
I love my Honda gas mower. I have about an acre with some hill and some flat. I can walk about as fast as I want and it keeps up pretty well. I end up using maybe three gallons of gas a year on it.
An acre of lawn or an acre lot? Either way, that’s a LOT of grass to walk-mow.

At any rate, I have a 22” Toro Personal Pace for my house. I have about 13,000 square feet of lawn. I take turns mowing it with my sons, which is nice because having been in the green industry for 20+ years, mowing at home is a major nuisance.

As far as walk-behinds @Whiskeydeltadeltatango , the company I work for runs Scag mowers. I love how nimble and versatile they are, but those pistol grips absolutely wreck forearms.

At any rate, I have a 22” Toro Personal Pace for my house. I have about 13,000 square feet of lawn. I take turns mowing it with my sons, which is nice because having been in the green industry for 20+ years, mowing at home is a major nuisance.

As far as walk-behinds @Whiskeydeltadeltatango , the company I work for runs Scag mowers. I love how nimble and versatile they are, but those pistol grips absolutely wreck forearms.
20240703-110912.jpg

Get tough or die bruv.

Lot, but I also sneak down into the timber a little bit. I end up walking about 4 miles according to my Fitbit when I mow.

I need to find some plants to out compete the poison ivy in the woods.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez

that take you about 75-90 minutes? I have about 6k and takes me about 30-40.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
The 180 has about 1150 hours on it and the rear pulley, that the drive shaft turns going into the rear end of the tractor went out. I put a new belt on with the pulley.

Want to swear at work:

I snapped that bolt on the idler thinking it was something else and doing it blind.

20240620-171535.jpg

I said screw it and used a come-a-long to lift the whole damn thing by it's nose on a tree branch so I could tap the damn thing out.

This guy, (Taryl), does it by tipping the mower onto a folding chair...

Cub Cadet zero turn.

How has this treated you? I'm thinking of getting one for the cabin property as I'm tired of hauling our Deere back and forth on a trailer every week this Summer. Looks like they can be had brand new for around $3,500-3,600 for the 54".

Nebraska, 5-Iron Perennial Ryegrass in front yard from United Seeds in Omaha and just regular Kentucky Bluegrass in the backyard.
Beautiful. Do you think you could get that rye lower at all, or have any interest in trying? I only ask because the All England Tennis Club maintains their courts at 8mm (.315”).

How has this treated you? I'm thinking of getting one for the cabin property as I'm tired of hauling our Deere back and forth on a trailer every week this Summer. Looks like they can be had brand new for around $3,500-3,600 for the 54".
It’s been fantastic. Zero problems with it. I went from a Dixon zero turn and will never go back.

Reactions: FranklinHawk
We either have people mowing suburbia with 54 inch decks or those of you that live on acreges talk surprisingly little about your home. Something I have found to be the opposite of true with people who own small acreage.
4acres with trees takes some time. Every minute I save is a minute I can be doing something else.
But my mower lets me enjoy every minute of it.

Reactions: gohawks50
We either have people mowing suburbia with 54 inch decks or those of you that live on acreges talk surprisingly little about your home. Something I have found to be the opposite of true with people who own small acreage.

The vast majority of people don't need a riding mower, much less a 54" deck. I have a 42" deck at both places

You probably can find a used one but I have no idea how big your cabin property is or what type of dealers are in the area. I typically go with JD as their dealer networks are good and they'd pick up my mower if it had any big issue. I think a fair number of CNH (CaseIH) dealers sell Cub Cadet still.

Same.

So I bought her an electric self-propelled mower this year. She loves it.

ryobi-electric-self-propelled-lawn-mowers-ry401140-64_600.jpg
I’ve gone all Ryobi lawn machines except mower. Probably will some day but have a 30” self propelled twin blade Toro and an of 32” zero turn Gravely. Amazing how much more attractive the Geavely is becoming. Especially when it’s hot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT