ADVERTISEMENT

What should the theme song be for the Iowa Hawkeyes?

Sep 14, 2019
I-O-W-A
This is sort of OT, but I’ve noticed that there are multiple teams in CFB that have a song that is always played at their games to get the fans hyped up. Example of this is ISU playing Juicy Wiggle. What should Iowa footballs song be? I vote for Hypnotize by Notorious BIG.

This is sort of OT, but I’ve noticed that there are multiple teams in CFB that have a song that is always played at their games to get the fans hyped up. Example of this is ISU playing Juicy Wiggle. What should Iowa footballs song be? I vote for Hypnotize by Notorious BIG.
Never heard of those

Reactions: Madman_1
Several things to consider:
It can't have overt sexual themes or profanity.... No University will break that rule.

The song should convey an attitude, a message or theme that encapsulates the personality or behavior of the team - an already existing, or desired attitude, personality and behavior.

The song should be a little more aggressive and heavier (but not too heavy, the song needs a wider appeal) than the average song. Dare I say it, it should ooze "toxic masculinity."
The jump around at UW is fun, etc. and it gets the crowd going, but it isn't exactly creating or reinforcing an attitude, personality, or behavior other than jumping around.
but it does nothing to create a persona surrounding Badger football.

Metallica: Seek and Destroy
AC/DC: Hells Bells

"Never Gonna Change," by Drive-by Truckers/Jason Isbell.
I think KF could have written the chorus:
We ain't never gonna change
We ain't doing nothin wrong
We ain't never gonna change
So shut your mouth and play along

3 days grace sucks
That song, which represents 100% of the 3 days grace songs I’ve ever heard sure does!

Also lol at the guy who suggested AC/DC AND Metallica for a team of kids born after 1986.

MV5BMjdkMDNkYjMtNTU0YS00YzVjLTk1NmItYWVjOWNmMWFhMTRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4NjcxOTc@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: hawkandroll
It’s Back in Black lol. Why is this a question?

I agree, is this a question? Iowa is literally the black. I wish the home football home unis were entirely black and the home BBall had more black.

Our other songs should be Thunderstruck and Dirty Deeds. Definitely every BBall steal and block shots, interception and other turnover should get a jet take off level "Dirty Deeds". A sack, big hit or a monster dunk "Thunderstruck", also at jet take off level.

Should start with TNT before the team takes the field and then, as they come out at the end of the tunnel Back in Black comes on even LOUDER!!! Plant the flag at midfield so an Iowa player can come off the field with the flag after the coin flip.

We want the Iowa City experience to be the blackest pit in the blackest hole in the blackest corner of Hell for visiting teams.

Intro video

Kirk You tell 'em I'm coming.

Bad Ass Player You tell 'em the Hawkeyes are coming.

Baddest Ass Player And Hell's coming with us.

Too much?

I agree, is this a question? Iowa is literally the black. I wish the home football home unis were entirely black and the home BBall had more black.

Our other songs should be Thunderstruck and Dirty Deeds. Definitely every BBall steal and block shots, interception and other turnover should get a jet take off level "Dirty Deeds". A sack, big hit or a monster dunk "Thunderstruck", also at jet take off level.

Should start with TNT before the team takes the field and then, as they come out at the end of the tunnel Back in Black comes on even LOUDER!!! Plant the flag at midfield so an Iowa player can come off the field with the flag after the coin flip.

We want the Iowa City experience to be the blackest pit in the blackest hole in the blackest corner of Hell for visiting teams.

Intro video

Kirk You tell 'em I'm coming.

Bad Ass Player You tell 'em the Hawkeyes are coming.

Baddest Ass Player And Hell's coming with us.

Too much?
Blackest Pit of Hell - except for the pink locker room. That must stay pink.

I thought for years it must be “hey Jude” as that is about the only done the band knew😩

I thought for years it must be “hey Jude” as that is about the only done the band knew😩

I love "In Heaven There Is No Beer" when the band plays it after a win, or earlier if the team has cemented the game away in the fourth quarter.

Iowa has a good band, they sound better than the canned music.

The Deplorable Sleeping Dog said:
"I agree, is this a question? Iowa is literally the black. I wish the home football home unis were entirely black and the home BBall had more black.......
We want the Iowa City experience to be the blackest pit in the blackest hole in the blackest corner of Hell for visiting teams."

If you want it black, then play the Rolling Stone, Paint it Back.

LINK:

Mix - The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black (Official Lyric Video)
YouTube

Killing Me Softly?
Would work well almost every time we play Northwestern.
But seriously, I would love to hear "If You Want Blood, You've Got It" by AC/DC. And it has to be loud. Real loud.

Several things to consider:
It can't have overt sexual themes or profanity.... No University will break that rule.

The song should convey an attitude, a message or theme that encapsulates the personality or behavior of the team - an already existing, or desired attitude, personality and behavior.

The song should be a little more aggressive and heavier (but not too heavy, the song needs a wider appeal) than the average song. Dare I say it, it should ooze "toxic masculinity."
The jump around at UW is fun, etc. and it gets the crowd going, but it isn't exactly creating or reinforcing an attitude, personality, or behavior other than jumping around.
but it does nothing to create a persona surrounding Badger football.

Metallica: Seek and Destroy
AC/DC: Hells Bells
Really? You've never actually listened to the lyrics to Jump Around and maybe neither has the admins at Wisconsin. We need to bring more awareness to these lyrics and get Jump Around "cancelled".

Excerpts of lyrics from Jump Around by House of Pain

"Muggs lifts a funk flow, someone's talking junk
Yo I bust him in the eye, and then I'll take the punk's hoe"

"I'll serve your ass like John McEnroe
If your girl steps up, I'm smacking the hoe"

"'Cause I got lyrics, but you ain't got none
If you come to battle bring a shotgun!
But if you do you're a fool, 'cause I duel, to the death
Trying to step to me, you'll take your last breath
I got the skills, come get your fill
'Cause when I shoot the gift, I shoot to kill"

The entire song is about violence and whooping ass. A couple of references to calling women hoes and even has a verse glorifying the abuse of women. But hey, On Wisconsin! Amirite?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT