ADVERTISEMENT

What was the “Best Movie Moment” you remember seeing IN THE THEATRE?

FAUlty Gator

HB Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Two for me:

First was when Mr. Miyagi knocked the top of the beer bottles off when they were at the beach. I remember everyone going crazy.

The other was when that damned squirrel jumped out the tree in Christmas Vacation and the scene that ensued. I’ve never heard laughter that loud in a movie. That entire movie was a huge laughfest. But that scene I’ll never forget.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Two for me:

First was when Mr. Miyagi knocked the top of the beer bottles off when they were at the beach. I remember everyone going crazy.

The other was when that damned squirrel jumped out the tree in Christmas Vacation and the scene that ensued. I’ve never heard laughter that loud in a movie. That entire movie was a huge laughfest. But that scene I’ll never forget.
1. When Indiana Jones shot the Arab with the scimitar in Raiders of the lost Ark.
2. When the shark made it’s first appearance in”Jaws.”

I remember seeing e.t. as a very young child. I remember my mom and her friend and her friends daughter, no pic, all crying and I couldn't figure out why.

Otherwise the first one that came to mind was Indiana Jones or the yippy Kiya mother from Die Hard.

There are so many, very hard to even pick a couple. Ones that come to mind for me:
John Candy as Ox in Stripes - "you may have noticed, I have a slight weight problem. . ."
Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentleman - "I got nowhere else to go!"
The Long Riders with the Carradine, Quaid, and Keach brothers, the end of the road shootout in Northfield, MN
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - I can't swim!

Reactions: Tom Paris
There are so many, very hard to even pick a couple. Ones that come to mind for me:
John Candy as Ox in Stripes - "you may have noticed, I have a slight weight problem. . ."
Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentleman - "I got nowhere else to go!"
The Long Riders with the Carradine, Quaid, and Keach brothers, the end of the road shootout in Northfield, MN
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - I can't swim!

Robert Redford saying he won't jump off a cliff because he couldn't swim, and Paul Newman laughing at him. That was a classic.

I would add the sword fight near the end of "The Prisoner of Zenda" (1937). Ronald Colman fencing with my favorite villain ever played by Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

Rupert of Hentzau: Why don't you let me kill you quietly?
Rudolph Rassendyll: Oh, a little noise adds a touch of cheer. You notice I'm getting closer to the drawbridge rope?
Rupert of Hentzau: You're so fond of rope, it's a pity to finish you off with steel. What did they teach you on the playing fields of Eton? Puss in the corner?
Rudolph Rassendyll: Oh, chiefly not throwing knives at other people's backs.

Reactions: EasyHawk
The T Rex footsteps/attack on the kids in the car scene from Jurassic Park. The whole theater was vibrating with each step and you could sense the impending doom.

Yeah, great scene. But no way the kids were going to get eaten. The fat guy from Seinfeld was a dead man walking.

vIOK2Iw.jpg

mm7rwnM.gif

Reactions: unIowa
The Waterboy: When LT says “Gentlemen, which brings me to my next point. Don't smoke crack.” I saw it in the theater about a week after he got caught smoking crack.

Armegeddon.

I know it’s not the best movie. But I love it and it’s my favorite movie I have seen in the theater.

Recently - the Spitfire scenes in Dunkirk, at the IMAX theater. The sound gave you the feeling of riding that airplane.

One old one I can remember is the famous jump cut in Lawrence of Arabia. A match is lit in a room and then you are in the heat of the sun beating down in the desert.
My dad loved movies and my mom thought them educational (she was a teacher) so my brother and sister were spoiled, seeing many films in 70mm and Cinemax. We saw Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm.

Saving Private Ryan DDay scene. There were several openly sobbing.

Independence Day- White House blown up and Uncle Eddy kamikaze scene

Gladiator- when he killed Joaquin. Crowd erupted.

Back to the Future- when the dad Mcfly punched Biff. Only movie Ive been to where the crowd gave a standing ovation at the end.

Saving Private Ryan DDay scene. There were several openly sobbing.

Omaha Beach. Steven Spielberg made a war movie and didn't hold anything back. I've never been affected by film as much as that scene, before or since then.

Just for the record I didn't cry. But at the end of the movie when the GIs were fortifying the town I was thinking, "Please no more killing."

Reactions: Hwkfn1 and h-hawk
Recently - the Spitfire scenes in Dunkirk, at the IMAX theater. The sound gave you the feeling of riding that airplane.

One old one I can remember is the famous jump cut in Lawrence of Arabia. A match is lit in a room and then you are in the heat of the sun beating down in the desert.
My dad loved movies and my mom thought them educational (she was a teacher) so my brother and sister were spoiled, seeing many films in 70mm and Cinemax. We saw Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm.
So did I. In Omaha. Cooper Theatre. They sold one hell of a lot of orange drink at intermission.

Two for me:

Opening scene of Porky’s.

Pulp Fiction, opening scene. When they pull the guns out, give those beautiful lines and Dick Dale's song kicks in, I was thinking "WTF am I in for?!"

So did I. In Omaha. Cooper Theatre. They sold one hell of a lot of orange drink at intermission.
Me too! We were from a town about 30 miles away. We also saw films in our town until the theater burned down when I was in 3rd grade or so and in a small neighboring town after that. We also went to the Strand in Council Bluffs.

Jarhead
Where the marines are watching the movie and then gets interrupted.
“Get some marines”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT