ADVERTISEMENT

What was the “Best Movie Moment” you remember seeing IN THE THEATRE?

They brought this back to our theater about 5 years ago or so. Classic!

ExcellentCourageousBluewhale-small.gif

Reactions: Tunadog
The beginning of Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace. Starting with the Fox opening fanfare to A long time ago and John Williams score with the opening crawl the theater went batshit crazy.

16 years between movies and the fans were pumped. Unfortunately the movie peaked at the beginning.

Reactions: Brown Dog
Saving Private Ryan DDay scene. There were several openly sobbing.

Independence Day- White House blown up and Uncle Eddy kamikaze scene

Gladiator- when he killed Joaquin. Crowd erupted.

Back to the Future- when the dad Mcfly punched Biff. Only movie Ive been to where the crowd gave a standing ovation at the end.

Where do you live that movie theater goers act like the crowd at sporting events?

I've seen people crying at sad moments in movies. I've never seen the people in a theater get excited and applaud when the bad guy gets killed or punched out.

This scene with a late Saturday night crowd at the Old Capital Mall theater in Iowa City. I’ve never heard a whole theater dying like this...

Reactions: The_Gent
There was the time my high school girlfriend pretended to drop the popcorn....

Luke blowing up the death star in the original star wars.
The place erupting during the opening music for The Force Awakens.

Reactions: h-hawk
I went to theaters with lots of minority folks in high school and these two really ring a bell as the most audience interaction in a movie.

Wesley Snipes getting shot at the end of New Jack City (CMB!)

Lil Ricky getting shot in Boyz in the Hood

When the credits rolled in American Sniper. I have never heard a movie theater so quiet.

Harrison Ford was extremely ill the day of this shot. He was supposed to have a sword fight with that actor (who was an expert and had trained for months). But due to his illness Harrison asked Spielberg if he could just shoot him. And thus....another comedic genius
That makes me like the scene even more.

I saw “Dangerous Liaisons” with a crowd of staid Norwegians in a Fargo movie theater. At one point, a young Uma Thurman unleashed a few of her most notable assets onscreen, and the crowd audibly gasped. It was a great moment.

Harrison Ford was extremely ill the day of this shot. He was supposed to have a sword fight with that actor (who was an expert and had trained for months). But due to his illness Harrison asked Spielberg if he could just shoot him. And thus....another comedic genius
Yup. He reportedly said, "Can't I just shoot the f***er?"

This one is just stupid, but towards the end of Friday the 13th Part when Tommy walks into the barn. Standing ovation and lots of cheering on that opening night.

The door scene from Fear. Saw the movie with about 15 guys in high school. Great fun we had that night raising hell in the theatre. We howled when Wahlberg’s character screamed at Mr. Walker lol

Last edited:
Saw it when young and loved the battle scenes in the fjord in 633 Squadron. A neighbor had a driveway cut into a hill, so my best friend and I re-enacted the movie. We flew little balsa wood gliders adjusted so they would pull up (usually) just before hitting the wall on the other side.

633-squadron-1964-de-havilland-mosquito-fighter-bomber-fire-crashing.jpg

CoupLet from Return of the King

The opening of the battle of Minas Tirith. Just the enormity...felt incredible seeing it for the first time at acmovie theater

And Gandalf talking to Pippen about death.

Even though the movie wasn't great, mine is when "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." came on the screen in Phantom Menace followed by John Williams's incredible score. As a kid born in '77 Star Wars was such a huge part of my childhood. The anticipation of that moment as an adult is my favorite theatrical moment. Of course it turned out to be just like CJ Jones see you later in the rest of the movie was just ok that moment was awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT