ADVERTISEMENT

what was the last album you heard and..

0-9_d19420a8-fe1d-4d9b-b26c-fc1e23da6b0d_1200x1200.jpg

The number of albums I still listen to all the way through are less than 10. The most recent addition to that status was Suicidal Tendencies debut album. I first listened to the whole album 8 years ago. I've listened to them since my HS days, but never bothered with full album listening. It’s 30 minutes start to finish, but every song is a fvcking banger. It’s the quintessential punk, thrash, metal album imo. It’s fvcking raw and rough around the edges, but it’s damn near perfect.

The number of albums I still listen to all the way through are less than 10. The most recent addition to that status was Suicidal Tendencies debut album. I first listened to the whole album 8 years ago. I've listened to them since my HS days, but never bothered with full album listening. It’s 30 minutes start to finish, but every song is a fvcking banger. It’s the quintessential punk, thrash, metal album imo. It’s fvcking raw and rough around the edges, but it’s damn near perfect.
that album was so influential. It's criminally under appreciated.

Reactions: Moral and SolarHawk
What are those ten albums? Five of them at least.

I listen to a few albums but generally choose individual songs or listen to Rockin’ Radio 24/7.

One band I believe rated with the STs is Minor Threat. 1920s- early 60s American music is my thing now but I still rock out to those two and a few other punk/hardcore bands.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
What are those ten albums? Five of them at least.
Sublime, 40 oz to freedom
Sublime, Robbin The Hood
Slipknot, self titled
Alanis Morissette, jagged little pill
Primer 55, Introduction to Mayhem
Weird Al Yankovic, Alpocalypse
The Beatles, Sgt Peppers
Rage Against The Machine, Self Titled
Snoop Dogg, Doggystyle
Suicidal Tendencies, Self Titled

edit: I know, I’m weird

I listen to a few albums but generally choose individual songs or listen to Rockin’ Radio 24/7.

One band I believe rated with the STs is Minor Threat. 1920s- early 60s American music is my thing now but I still rock out to those two and a few other punk/hardcore bands.
We’re just a minor threat! Sublime lead me to them, I love that genre and era of music.

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye

These old geezers put out an almost perfect album here. Absolutely fantastic.

Loving blasting it on the 10-speaker Bose system in the new Tradmobile.

• Wow
Reactions: seminoleed
Sublime, 40 oz to freedom
Sublime, Robbin The Hood
Slipknot, self titled
Alanis Morissette, jagged little pill
Primer 55, Introduction to Mayhem
Weird Al Yankovic, Alpocalypse
The Beatles, Sgt Peppers
Rage Against The Machine, Self Titled
Snoop Dogg, Doggystyle
Suicidal Tendencies, Self Titled

edit: I know, I’m weird
Who am I to judge?

Reactions: SolarHawk
The last time I annoyed a bunch of people was after watching the documentary “A band called death” a few years ago. I was blown away how these three black dudes independently invented the punk sound in the Detroit hood in the early 70s and they never made it. Their 7 song album never released because they refused to change names. But then bootleg copies emerged on the underground decades later selling for 800-900 bucks a copy. It finally got released in 2009 and was by then on Spotify when documentary came out. So I would bother friends and coworkers to make them listen so we could marvel at the sound these black brothers came up with in early 1970s and the quality of the 7 songs they recorded in 74-75 that never saw the light of day until 2009, except for the true collectors.

A_Band_Called_Death.jpg

Last edited:
The last time I annoyed a bunch of people was after watching the documentary “A band called death” a few years ago. I was blown away how these three black dudes independently invented the punk sound in the Detroit hood in the early 70s and they never made it. Their 7 song album never released because they refused to change names. But then bootleg copies emerged on the underground decades later selling for 800-900 bucks a copy. It finally got released in 2009 and was by then on Spotify when documentary came out. So I would bother friends and coworkers to make them listen so we could marvel at the sound these black brothers came up with in early 1970s and the quality of the 7 songs they recorded in 74-75 that never saw the light of day until 2009, except for the true collectors.

A_Band_Called_Death.jpg
Yes! Spread the gospel, brother.

I actually preferred when they slowed it down a tad on the Join The Army album.

The last three albums that I had to share with others were The Best of House of Large Sizes, Comfort to Me by Amyl and the Sniffers, and the self-titled debut of Starcrawler.

Kings-of-Leon.jpg
I can listen to this song for song, over and over. It has an underlying sadness and depth throughout it that I find relaxing. And reflective.

Reactions: Faithfull
I don't if any of these are "profound", but all are albums I could listen to from start to finish when I first heard them, and still can today.

REM - Life's Rich Pageant
REM - Green
The Clash - London Calling
Social Distortion - Prison Bound
Guadalcanal Diary - 2x4
Rancid - ...And Out Come the Wolves
Green Day - Nimrod
David Bowie - Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Black Flag - Slip it In
Operation Ivy - Operation Ivy

People can say what the want about U2, but the Joshua Tree is a nearly perfect album. I liked U2 already, first time I heard JT, I was blown away. Favorite track, Red Hill Mining Town.

It's really among the best albums ever made, IMO. Everything works together so perfectly on it. And their sound was so unique in those days...their 80s albums really made an impression.

I'll check it out. I loved Aha Shake Heartbreak and Because of the Times. I thought Only by the Night sucked and I stopped listening to them.

It's their deepest album. It reminds me of walking through airports seeing people I know I'll never see again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT