ADVERTISEMENT

what was the last album you heard and..

tiny tim GIF

I don't if any of these are "profound", but all are albums I could listen to from start to finish when I first heard them, and still can today.

REM - Life's Rich Pageant
REM - Green
The Clash - London Calling
Social Distortion - Prison Bound
Guadalcanal Diary - 2x4
Rancid - ...And Out Come the Wolves
Green Day - Nimrod
David Bowie - Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Black Flag - Slip it In
Operation Ivy - Operation Ivy
Social D hits an emotional note with me that I can't explain.

Reactions: SSG T
I took Jay's side in the UT split and was a Son Volt fanatic. Jesus Etc. was the first Wilco song that grabbed me. After that I realized that Jeff was the best part of Anodyne
I like a couple Son Volt songs but never really explored them in depth. Wilco probably makes my top 3-4 favorite bands, but I haven't loved anything they put out since Sky Blue Sky.

Worth seeing every time they come around though. I had to see Via Chicago live to really get that song, and inexplicably, it choked me up. Handshake Drugs easily makes my top 5 favorite songs of all time.

Last edited:
I like a couple Son Volt songs but never really explored them in depth. Wilco probably makes my top 3-4 favorite bands, but I haven't loved anything they put out since Sky Blue Sky.

Worth seeing every time they come around though. I had to see Via Chicago live to really get that song, and inexplicably, it choked me up. Handshake Drugs easily makes my top 5 favorite songs.
I think Uncle Tupelo is one of the most original bands ever. To come from punk and decide to go the direction they did in the early 90s is incredible. I grew up hearing Dylan, Billy Joe Shaver, John Prine, Townes Van Sandt, Guy Clark, Ray Wylie Hubbard, etc from my old man and uncles. So its ingrained in me. They took that music and created a genre.

I love this performance of one of Doug Sahms obscure songs. one of my favorites.

Reactions: StallmanCurse
Social D hits an emotional note with me that I can't explain.

They and REM are my 2 favorite bands. Saw Social D a few times, but none since Danell died. Seeing them at the Val-Aire next month with Bad Religion...I can't wait. Taking my youngest daughter, who is becoming a huge fan of theirs too. She'll fit in more, all of her tattoos are visible, mine are mostly covered.

• Love
Reactions: Fan In Black
Highlights:

(Later covered by The Killers)

(Live version of song about banging Winona Ryder)

(Wait for acid to kick in before pressing play)

Reactions: Fan In Black
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT