ADVERTISEMENT

what will be your total cost to go the the Citrus Bowl?

Im not going but my all in estimate, when considering it, was about 2k for my wife and I.

It's the last hurrah for Brian....unless some last minute announcement commences that he's coming back

Flights: $315 x 2 = $630
Tickets: ~$100 x 2 = $200 (guesstimate)
Tailgating/Parking: ~$50
Food/drink = ~$100
Lodging = Free (have family in Orlando)

Playing golf in January and not freezing my nuts off for a week = PRICELESS

20e03991448d3b6632d13550e6b90402.gif

Our family will be there. It’s not right to take any disagreement I have with the adults out on the kids. I’ve been an Iowa fan long enough that I’ve seen much worse on the field for the Hawks. If the outcome of the game ruins your trip, you are doing it all wrong.

Our family will be there. It’s not right to take any disagreement I have with the adults out on the kids. I’ve been an Iowa fan long enough that I’ve seen much worse on the field for the Hawks. If the outcome of the game ruins your trip, you are doing it all wrong.
You’ve seen worse offense? I don’t think that is even remotely possible but ok.

I am sitting this one out. Judging by the 50-1 Michigan to Iowa fans I witnessed in Indy, guessing most are too. I can totally understand people not spending the time and money to watch a team not score, but it is not a great trend. I was at the Music City Bowl last year and I feel like more fans were at that.
How many fans do you think were there for us?

How many fans do you think were there for us?
I doubt there were 10,000 Iowa fans. It was really sad compared to 2 seasons ago. I suppose I should have expected it - got 10 free tix from work, AWESOME seats, and had a really hard time giving them away. Amazing how we could have 10 wins and a chance for a B1G championship and have such a disinterested fan base. I’m afraid this offense and the nepotism fiasco have put apathy at an all-time high. You can give me all the “winning is fun/all that matters” and “so many programs would like to be Iowa” all you want, but facts are undeniable. By far the worst fan showing for a BTCG, and I share concern that the bowl game turnout will also be poor.

I doubt there were 10,000 Iowa fans. It was really sad compared to 2 seasons ago. I suppose I should have expected it - got 10 free tix from work, AWESOME seats, and had a really hard time giving them away. Amazing how we could have 10 wins and a chance for a B1G championship and have such a disinterested fan base. I’m afraid this offense and the nepotism fiasco have put apathy at an all-time high. You can give me all the “winning is fun/all that matters” and “so many programs would like to be Iowa” all you want, but facts are undeniable. By far the worst fan showing for a BTCG, and I share concern that the bowl game turnout will also be poor.
It felt like the family of the bull was buying tickets to the bullfight.

I have to work New Years Day. I'm not even going to waste PTO to watch the game. I just hope that the offense somehow finds a way to be even worse.

I get that for some people the Big Ten championship is an event and especially after this year it might be a long time if we ever do it again, but let’s be realistic here. It’s an effort and costs money to make that trip. The game played out about how 98% of the people thought it would. We went in with a fantastic defense but an even worse offense which in the end played out exactly like everyone thought it would. It’s just not fun to watch us 50% of the time. We joke about punting and such but nobody wants to watch that. You can beat the Nebraska’s of the world but when you get 7 first downs and cross midfield once or twice it creates a fair amount of apathy.

I get that for some people the Big Ten championship is an event and especially after this year it might be a long time if we ever do it again, but let’s be realistic here. It’s an effort and costs money to make that trip. The game played out about how 98% of the people thought it would. We went in with a fantastic defense but an even worse offense which in the end played out exactly like everyone thought it would. It’s just not fun to watch us 50% of the time. We joke about punting and such but nobody wants to watch that. You can beat the Nebraska’s of the world but when you get 7 first downs and cross midfield once or twice it creates a fair amount of apathy.
The Michigan offense didn't do much either. They benefited from short fields otherwise the game was played pretty straight up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT