ADVERTISEMENT

What's cookin' today, HROT?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
I have a pork loin that I will use to make two different entrees today.

It has a sort of deformed shape on one end, so I'll be slicing that end into thick cut pork chops and smoking the remaining hunk of meat as a roast.

For the chops, I'll be doing a take on Cowboy Kent Rollins' "Perfect Pan Seared Pork Chops":

I'm using Kinder's "The Blend" seasoning instead of the seasoning that Kent sells. Everything else will be pretty much the same, and I'll be doing that in the kitchen on the stove while the roast is resting.

For the roast, I'm using Meat Church's "The Gospel" rub. Nothing fancy, just season it and smoke it for about an hour or two (cook to a temp of about 140, not to time)

I'm also making smoked green beans. For this dish, I'm using two cans of green beans. Add some chopped onion in there, some partially cooked bacon chunks, the bacon grease, some butter and enough chicken broth to get everything wet, but not enough so that it's soupy, and the Kinder's seasoning. Smoke for at least two hours around 250 degrees or so until they get soft, but not mushy.

And I'm also smoking some hasselback potatoes.

I'll be using pecan wood today on my Weber Kettle.

This is gonna be GUUD!

Last edited:
Reactions: mstp1992
Working today so nothing. I did smoke a pork butt the other day that turned out great. First time doing fat side down, I'm a convert.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I have a pork loin that I will use to make two different entrees today.

It has a sort of deformed shape on one end, so I'll be slicing that end into thick cut pork chops and smoking the remaining hunk of meat as a roast.

For the chops, I'll be doing a take on Cowboy Kent Rollins' "Perfect Pan Seared Pork Chops":

I'm using Kinder's "The Blend" seasoning instead of the seasoning that Kent sells. Everything else will be pretty much the same, and I'll be doing that in the kitchen on the stove while the roast is resting.

For the roast, I'm using Meat Church's "The Gospel" rub. Nothing fancy, just season it and smoke it for about an hour or two (cook to a temp of about 140, not to time)

I'm also making smoked green beans. For this dish, I'm using two cans of green beans. Add some chopped onion in there, some partially cooked bacon chunks, the bacon grease, some butter and enough chicken broth to get everything wet, but not enough so that it's soupy, and the Kinder's seasoning. Smoke for at least two hours around 250 degrees or so until they get soft, but not mushy.

And I'm also smoking some hasselback potatoes.

I'll be using pecan wood today on my Weber Kettle.

This is gonna be GUUD!
Back ribs, potato salad, and a tomato salad.
Garden is winding down, but still have tomatoes and peppers going, and some Limas that need filling out. Overall, given the drought-like conditions we’ve had a really nice harvest.

Reactions: The Tradition
Nothing. Last night was burnt ends with some left over brisket. Tonight will be pork belly tacos with some pork I smoked a month or so back.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
4HS6NYDIX5FGXHESGAZ2J5QYV4.jpg

Not even real Totino's Pizza Rolls. I get knockoffs.

had some leftover crabs, so picked them for the jumbo lump and lump and making crane stuffed chili rellanos and grilled shrimp

Reactions: billanole
Smoked whole poultry is gross. I don’t like the texture and I never trust it being cooked properly. My dad used to give me a smoked turkey every year. I said you can stop that ish, they’re nasty. I like everything too. I’ll eat anything smoked. I smoke meats all the time, just not whole birds. Nasty to me.

Ouch, I'm sorry. Both of those are better than being the cart bitch.

Meh, I'd rather be cart bitch than being stuck on tillage after fert gets spread. Honestly, I love the grain cart, getting yelled at for things that aren't my fault, not being able to read the minds of whoever gets parked in the combine seat, etc.

😏

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT