ADVERTISEMENT

What's ESPN/ Big Ten network Going to do Now?

hawkaeg80

HR MVP
Dec 28, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Do reruns of past tournaments? There is no sports to report on and won't be for at least 2 weeks (MLB maybe). Same for Big Ten network.

Do reruns of past tournaments? There is no sports to report on and won't be for at least 2 weeks (MLB maybe). Same for Big Ten network.
Watching today they were stumbling all over themselves. Blap Blap Blippity Blap. Lets bring in an expert. Ok he knows jack sh*t. Next one up. I expect a broken record from espn and the rest moving forward.

Watching today they were stumbling all over themselves. Blap Blap Blippity Blap. Lets bring in an expert. Ok he knows jack sh*t. Next one up. I expect a broken record from espn and the rest moving forward.
To be fair to ESPN, that's everyday for them. Monday they spent 45 minutes discussing if the weekend meant that Lebron was the greatest in the world after the wins over Milwaukee and Clippers, and then spent as much time on Wednesday wondering what the loss to Brooklyn meant for the future of the Lakers.

To be fair to ESPN, that's everyday for them. Monday they spent 45 minutes discussing if the weekend meant that Lebron was the greatest in the world after the wins over Milwaukee and Clippers, and then spent as much time on Wednesday wondering what the loss to Brooklyn meant for the future of the Lakers.
Good point.

Last edited:
I watch ESPN for MLB, college football, wrestling national championships, and nothing else. I can't stand their talk shows. I've often wondered if I was a sports talk show personality, how I would be able to go to bed at night thinking I've made the world a better place today...or any day for that matter.

This would be a great time to visit all campus locations and put together fourteen 1 hour shows.

Talk about the emotion of ending the season, any good stories around that last day, and individual plans for the remainder of the year.

Then do an honest preview of what next year’s team will bring to the conference. Include returning players the expect to he important as well as incoming kids.

Fans would have a good picture of the whole league. BTN would have work now and great information to preview teams next fall.

Electronic Sports Network. Time for them to do e sports full time.

This would be a great time to visit all campus locations and put together fourteen 1 hour shows.

Talk about the emotion of ending the season, any good stories around that last day, and individual plans for the remainder of the year.

Then do an honest preview of what next year’s team will bring to the conference. Include returning players the expect to he important as well as incoming kids.

Fans would have a good picture of the whole league. BTN would have work now and great information to preview teams next fall.

Nice idea minus the whole travel in the middle of a worldwide pandemic part. Anyone stepping foot in an airport is selfish and putting themself and anyone else who they may come in contact with (directly or indirectly) at risk. Just because your body can fight the virus doesn’t mean the next person’s can.

No need to fly. It's possible to drive to Big Ten campuses, even the ones in New Jersey and Maryland, FWIW.

10_92.jpg

Hospitals all over the country are going to really be hurting for manpower pretty darn soon. Maybe sports networks can send the 90% of their workforce that is now obsolete and help out. ESPN can then saturate the airwaves all summer with tear-jerker story after tear-jerker story 24/7 instead of just waiting until College GameDay.

Really boring without BTT and NCAA on TV. Iowa was fading a little bit though, so spares Iowa fans from a kick in the crotch.

Screw ESPN!! If you go to their "Iowa page" the lead story is how Obi Toppen and Dayton would have fared in the NCAA'a, and how Toppen should be the NPOY. They claim the Flyers have played a tougher schedule than Iowa and brought up the fact that we got to play Nebraska and Northwestern, both of which I think might have handled the weak sisters at the bottom of the mighty Atlantic 10 Conference. They have soft pedaled Luka's season all year. That's just downright disrespect for Garza in my eyes.

They were already doing political spins, hyping their favorite teams, and providing personal view points on a never ending basis.

The games were essentially an interruption of their soap box. Things will just ramp up as we go forward making their slanted views even harder to stomach.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
They were already doing political spins, hyping their favorite teams, and providing personal view points on a never ending basis.

The games were essentially an interruption of their soap box. Things will just ramp up as we go forward making their slanted views even harder to stomach.

I cancelled them and all sports channels after hearing the big tournament and ncaas were done for.

Reactions: unclesammy
I cancelled them and all sports channels after hearing the big tournament and ncaas were done for.
only reason anybody watched especially ESPN was the games. Without that why would anyone even turn on that channel and listen to those idiots?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT