ADVERTISEMENT

What's your go to home coffee maker?

Same set up although I go hot coffee with a shot of chocolate milk for my morning email routine.

Side note, make a pot of coffee and then freeze it so you don't have watered down ice coffee. I picked this up down in Key West when we stopped for ice coffees and their cubes were coffee ice cubes. Good down to the last drop!
Coffee cubes have been a smashing success through two mornings

Reactions: orod741
We have a cheap Walgreens coffee maker that is used by our guests.... because coffee tastes like burnt tires and there is no way in hell the wife (no pic) or I will ever drink that steaming pile of garbage.

(I am drinking my Monster Energy Drink as we speak)

Good old 12 cup Bunn for me.
we have a expensive kurig that daughter in-law bought for us.
I don’t like the fine ground coffee we use. Besides it’s expensive and I don’t like the flavor.

I recently upgraded from a 5-10 year old Cuisinart that had a built in grinder and hopper so you could set automatic whole bean coffee for the next morning to a Breville that does the same thing but even better.

Breville Grind Control, Medium, Silver Amazon product ASIN B00VGGVQCI

The Breville is a far better machine as not only can you set it up for automatic brewing the next day but you can control the size of the grind at ten different settings and the amount of coffee to water ratio. It has a thick walled metal carafe that really keeps the coffee hot for quite some time. This is definitely an improvement on the Cuisinart I previously owned and does a great cup of coffee.

I was also gifted a Breville Expresso machine which does a great expresso and latte but I honestly seldom use it. The coffee maker gets almost daily use, the Expresso machine is used maybe once a month if that. I do really like it for Expresso, but I generally drink ordinary coffee.

Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine, Large, Stainless Steel Amazon product ASIN B00CH9QWOU

I also have a standard copper French press for cold brew coffee. I do that about once a month or so as well, but the French press takes up far less space.

BAYKA French Press Coffee Tea Maker, 304 Stainless Steel Coffee Press with 4 Level Filtration System, Heat Resistant Thickened Borosilicate Glass, 34 Ounce, Copper Amazon product ASIN B087PTGX94

A burr grinder and this bad boy:

CM1050B_1.jpg

Reactions: FanOHawk
I’ve never had a drop of coffee in my life. Just the smell puts me off. I’ve had a few desserts that have coffee infused with chocolate, and I did not like them.
Come at me, bitches!

We have a Keurig that the wife received from the manufacturer as a free replacement for an earlier model that died,.. As part of an in-house marketing study this one regularly logs on via wifi to update the folks at Keurig as to how it's being used,.. I rarely drink coffee at home.

I have a Nespresso virtuo and have made hundreds of cups of coffee with zero problems.

Id agree that the coffee and crema produced with these is way above what you get from any other method.

I recently upgraded from a 5-10 year old Cuisinart that had a built in grinder and hopper so you could set automatic whole bean coffee for the next morning to a Breville that does the same thing but even better.

Breville Grind Control, Medium, Silver

The Breville is a far better machine as not only can you set it up for automatic brewing the next day but you can control the size of the grind at ten different settings and the amount of coffee to water ratio. It has a thick walled metal carafe that really keeps the coffee hot for quite some time. This is definitely an improvement on the Cuisinart I previously owned and does a great cup of coffee.

I was also gifted a Breville Expresso machine which does a great expresso and latte but I honestly seldom use it. The coffee maker gets almost daily use, the Expresso machine is used maybe once a month if that. I do really like it for Expresso, but I generally drink ordinary coffee.

Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine, Large, Stainless Steel

I also have a standard copper French press for cold brew coffee. I do that about once a month or so as well, but the French press takes up far less space.

BAYKA French Press Coffee Tea Maker, 304 Stainless Steel Coffee Press with 4 Level Filtration System, Heat Resistant Thickened Borosilicate Glass, 34 Ounce, Copper
Thought i would pile on OP's thread and ask here. Any mainstream (i.e. available at regular stores) coffee beans that have proven excellent for espresso? I've tried most beans over the years from costco and while many have been good haven't found anything superlative. I just picked up a bag of lavazza coffee beans at costco that are apparently specifically for espresso but haven't tried them yet.

Thought i would pile on OP's thread and ask here. Any mainstream (i.e. available at regular stores) coffee beans that have proven excellent for espresso? I've tried most beans over the years from costco and while many have been good haven't found anything superlative. I just picked up a bag of lavazza coffee beans at costco that are apparently specifically for espresso but haven't tried them yet.

Being from Florida, I grew up on Cafe Bustelo for espresso/“Cuban Coffee”. So it’s tough to beat that in my personal experience.

Amazon product ASIN B01M4NOJ53
I do currently some Kicking Horse: Kick @$$ Whole Beans that works well for Espresso. It’s a little smoother but also blander than Cafe Bustelo.

Amazon product ASIN B00M31BORM
The Black Cat Intelligentsia has a noticeable chocolatey flavor to the espresso, so it’s quite good as a changeup to the Cafe Bustelo.
Amazon product ASIN B0055ZRUOO
The Lavazza is similar to the Kicking Horse, pretty smooth but pretty mild in flavor.

I also will make my own espresso beans on occasion. You buy whole green beans and then roast them yourself. I’ve found that a cheap popcorn machine with the rotating arm is the easiest and best way to roast coffee beans. The best green beans come from Yemen, Jamaica and Ethiopia in my opinion.

Reactions: desihawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT