ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else have to live with this?

If we are driving more than 30 minutes I let her drive and I drink some beers and watch Youtube TV. It saved our marriage.
My wife would say “I think that’s our exit/turn” and then she’s completely blow by the exit/turn without hesitation

Reactions: Moral
That used to happen to me all too often. After a couple times of me slamming on the breaks and screeching to a halt. She finally got the point and has been fairly quiet since.

I also use kn288’s method, usually only watch tv if there’s a game on though.

Reactions: kn288
No pics but yes, the deep breath worry/shock for no reason while driving that makes me jump in the drivers seat. I say what? Oh nothing, sorry about that. So I do it to her in return at no specific point while driving.

Add in the delay waiting in the car to leave to go places when I’m told ready, lets go. Ten minutes later still waiting, I go in to find out on her phone and just look at her. Let’s go. Oh, I didn’t know you were ready. wtf?

That last part is a running gag in our house. I will always be ready five or ten minutes before we need to leave, and I will sit in the living room waiting for her. She, of course, is usually ready about five or ten minutes after we should leave. She will then walk through the living room (which she has already done multiple times during this process) go to the front door, and ask, "Are you ready?" As if I haven't been waiting for twenty minutes.

Anytime the whole family is going somewhere, once Mrs Radley gets to the door the kids will look at me and say, "Are you ready?"

Can we get back to the lie from OP?
you-lie-dont-lie.gif

I have it too but I understand my wife gets anxious about being in a car accident.

Biggest issue is brake lights on the interstate. I could have a half a mile between me and the next car and she will note it immediately when one of them touches their brake.

I think Mrs. Lucas is just waiting for that one accident I get in so she can stand over my corpse and yell, "I told you to slow down and not follow so close"!
FYI, I haven't been in an accident that I was responsible for in over 30 years.

That last part is a running gag in our house. I will always be ready five or ten minutes before we need to leave, and I will sit in the living room waiting for her. She, of course, is usually ready about five or ten minutes after we should leave. She will then walk through the living room (which she has already done multiple times during this process) go to the front door, and ask, "Are you ready?" As if I haven't been waiting for twenty minutes.

Anytime the whole family is going somewhere, once Mrs Radley gets to the door the kids will look at me and say, "Are you ready?"
Sounds like the aardvarks heading to mass.

Reactions: lucas80
I have a different issue.

My wife drinks Diet Coke and apparently has a small bladder. We don't drive more than 90 minutes without having a pit stop.

After driving to Vegas two years ago, I informed her I will never again drive anywhere that's longer than a five hour drive.

BTW...she gets cranky without caffeine.

Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
My husband slams on the passenger side brake all the time... Traffic could be stopping 50 yards ahead of us. It's a control thing. Funny thing is he is the worst about tailgating, and driving impatiently etc...
You have a Driver's Ed car?

My husband slams on the passenger side brake all the time... Traffic could be stopping 50 yards ahead of us. It's a control thing. Funny thing is he is the worst about tailgating, and driving impatiently etc...
This really opened my eyes. I always assumed that one of the big advantages to being gay was not having a female riding shotgun overreacting and failing as a navigator.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
I have a different issue.

My wife drinks Diet Coke and apparently has a small bladder. We don't drive more than 90 minutes without having a pit stop.

After driving to Vegas two years ago, I informed her I will never again drive anywhere that's longer than a five hour drive.

BTW...she gets cranky without caffeine.
My fiance and I drove from Cedar Rapids to Golden, CO last year. She had been drinking coffee all friggin morning. By the time we got to the Grinnell exit, we had already stopped 4 times. And one of them was an exit that was under construction, and had a detour to get back on I80. That detour was to get back on I80 heading East for about 15 miles, get off at the exit, and then get back on I80 West.

I was not happy.

Yes, yes! I feel your pain.

Then we get in the car and I hear we are going to be late unless you drive warp speed so we are on time. wtf?!! If you and the kids would’ve gotten ready 10 minutes early and not late, we’d have plenty of time. But no, I’ve got to be the ahole on the road trying to be on time to whatever we are on our way to do. As I’m driving I hear that sound from her thinking we are going to be in an accident!!

Full circle. Full circle. No wonder guys die years before their wives. Biatches.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
My fiance and I drove from Cedar Rapids to Golden, CO last year. She had been drinking coffee all friggin morning. By the time we got to the Grinnell exit, we had already stopped 4 times. And one of them was an exit that was under construction, and had a detour to get back on I80. That detour was to get back on I80 heading East for about 15 miles, get off at the exit, and then get back on I80 West.

I was not happy.
You should have gone into town, taken a left on the main drag out of town west a few miles then south for the I-80 Kellog exit, all of ten minutes or so but still heading west…..

the-more-you-know.gif

Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
I don't have a gf/fiance/wife but I remember driving with my mom in the car and she would white-knuckle grip the grab handle thingy when I would drive 27 in a 25 as if I was taking a sharp turn going 70.

s-l1600.jpg
I used that alot last summer. I never had a second thought about how hard my gf hit the brakes all the time until I had to let her drive when I had a cracked rib.

I used that alot last summer. I never had a second thought about how hard my gf hit the brakes all the time until I had to let her drive when I had a cracked rib.

My wife has two speeds - fast and stopped. And she goes from one to the other very quickly. What’s funny is she will start shouting “red light” when I’m 1/4 mile away and have already taken my foot off the gas (her senses apparently unable to feel the change in speed that has occurred), waiting to ease to a stop. But under the same circumstances she will still have her foot on the accelerator until she is about 100 feet out, when she will immediately hit the brakes.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT