ADVERTISEMENT

What's your go-to mobile game to pass the time?

Retro Bowl, you get to draft and trade players and build them up over the course of multiple seasons. Damn game is addicting.

Screenshot_20200211-153250_Retro-Bowl-1.jpg

Soo....thanks (I think) for recommending this game. Productivity has been sporadic the last day or so, outside of winning a couple of Retro Bowls.

My kids probably 10 years ago started playing Clash of Clans. I thought it would be fun to play with them.

They have all outgrown it but I reinstalled it a few months ago. LOL

On my ipad I have World of Tanks Blitz but I don't play it much anymore. Damn that was a fun game though.

Used to play Minecraft with the kids as well.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Homescapes is my time passer for waiting rooms or the crapper. It was candy crush but a few years ago I lost progress swapping phones and refused to start over.

Retro Bowl looks like a dangerous one, I will avoid.

Reactions: seminoledq
I used to play SWGOH, but that became too much of a chore. These days I tend to migrate towards Solitaire while dropping the kids off at the pool. What about you? What game(s) do you play, if any, to pass the time in waiting rooms, the john, avoiding the MIL, etc.?

Reactions: alaskanseminole
It’s a browser game, not a mobile game, but years ago someone got a bunch of us on HROT started on Travian. Holy hell, that was an experience. I spent so many hours on that game. It was absurd.
I was in that group back then. Mid 2000s iirc.

I played enough I was in a winning guild/clan/alliance twice.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I was in that group back then. Mid 2000s iirc.

I played enough I was in a winning guild/clan/alliance twice.
Yeah, sometime around 2008-ish. I too was able to taste victory, but just once. The “end game” was insane. Do you remember the drama around PlannedSickDays going Benedict Arnold against the alliance?

My every day games I play are Wordle, Quordle, Octordle, and Waffle. If I know I will have a lot of waiting around, like at airports, in advance I will print off Sudoku puzzles. I have played them online but prefer doing it on paper to take notes and keep track of my logic.
nerds GIF

• Haha
Reactions: SoProudNole
Before I go down the rabbit hole; is there a free to play version of Civ?

I doubt it. I think it's $20 for the mobile version of Civ 6.

Civ Revolution 2 is like $5. It's fine, but lacks a lot of the depth of the PC games.

Below is the original DOS Civ game. So f'ing addicting even now. A couple of pointers if you haven't played it:
  1. Set tax to 0.00 percent when you first start out. Your science research will blow up.
  2. In game>options, disable castle and animation.
  3. I tend to choose Chieftan and 7 civilizations. If you choose Earth and Americans, they will always place you in N America next to Florida. It's almost too easy and also takes such a long time because the world is so big.

There are several other old school games including Civ 2. I don't think these will work on the phone/tablet.

civilization_0.png

Looks like they just released a college version of Retro Bowl. Pretty fun, really similar to the other version.

I still do MyVEGAS. Wish the rewards were as good as they were when the game first came out.
Yeah, I missed the “All inactive accounts will have their LP’s wiped out.” e-mail because, of course, my account is linked to my old email. 2.1 million gold coins down the tubes!

• Angry
Reactions: seminoledq
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT