ADVERTISEMENT

When is the next major depression?

Capital1Hawk

HB All-American
Jan 23, 2007
We are due for a major one. Massive unemployment and starving the masses. Our government has put us in an awful position and it's coming. We are insolvent with 30% of tax revenues servicing only interest w/o reducing debt. We are at a point of no return. The government being the largest employer can not spend it's way out of it. This year reminds me so much of 1999 where dot com stocks could not lose and everything went up. Have seen articles that state it will take 6 years to come out of the next depression and projecting one in 2030.

It can happen but I have to believe the Fed would do everything in its power to make sure it doesn’t.

But I would say the early 2030s could be tough with the looming social security and Medicare funding issues.

When US treasuries are no longer being purchased, then we’ll have real problems. But that could be decades away yet.

Thread is major depression.

Joke Burn GIF by Travis

The federal government has to rein in deficit spending, as well as crazy regulations related to the new green deal.

After the scripted plays on offense this fall

Not anymore!

In Tim Lester we trust!

(it truly was painfully hilarious how OBVIOUS it was when Brian's scripted plays were over.....went from somewhat serviceable to "uh.....ok what do we do now")

We are due for a major one. Massive unemployment and starving the masses. Our government has put us in an awful position and it's coming. We are insolvent with 30% of tax revenues servicing only interest w/o reducing debt. We are at a point of no return. The government being the largest employer can not spend its way out of it. This year reminds me so much of 1999 where dot com stocks could not lose and everything went up. Have seen articles that state it will take 6 years to come out of the next depression and projecting one in 2030.
The Great Recession was pretty bad. Add to it the unprecedented 2020-2022 Covid disruption and I would say a lot of pressure and steam that causes big fails has been let out of economy between 2008 to 2022, making a terrible depression in near term unlikely. We are just back to where we should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT