ADVERTISEMENT

Operation 2025 and the Elimination of Overtime Pay; Page 592

To make clear our commitment, we offer to the American people the 2024 GOP Platform to Make America Great Again! It is a forward-looking Agenda that begins with the following twenty promises that we will accomplish very quickly when we win the White House and Republican Majorities in the House and Senate.

1. SEAL THE BORDER, AND STOP THE MIGRANT INVASION
  2. CARRY OUT THE LARGEST DEPORTATION OPERATION IN AMERICAN HISTORY
  3. END INFLATION, AND MAKE AMERICA AFFORDABLE AGAIN
  4. MAKE AMERICA THE DOMINANT ENERGY PRODUCER IN THE WORLD, BY FAR!
  5. STOP OUTSOURCING, AND TURN THE UNITED STATES INTO A MANUFACTURING SUPERPOWER
  6. LARGE TAX CUTS FOR WORKERS, AND NO TAX ON TIPS!
  7. DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION, OUR BILL OF RIGHTS, AND OUR FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS, INCLUDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF RELIGION, AND THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
  8. PREVENT WORLD WAR THREE, RESTORE PEACE IN EUROPE AND IN THE MIDDLE EAST, AND BUILD A GREAT IRON DOME MISSILE DEFENSE SHIELD OVER OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY -- ALL MADE IN AMERICA
  9. END THE WEAPONIZATION OF GOVERNMENT AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
  10. STOP THE MIGRANT CRIME EPIDEMIC, DEMOLISH THE FOREIGN DRUG CARTELS, CRUSH GANG VIOLENCE, AND LOCK UP VIOLENT OFFENDERS
  11. REBUILD OUR CITIES, INCLUDING WASHINGTON DC, MAKING THEM SAFE, CLEAN, AND BEAUTIFUL AGAIN.
  12. STRENGTHEN AND MODERNIZE OUR MILITARY, MAKING IT, WITHOUT QUESTION, THE STRONGEST AND MOST POWERFUL IN THE WORLD
  13. KEEP THE U.S. DOLLAR AS THE WORLD'S RESERVE CURRENCY
  14. FIGHT FOR AND PROTECT SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE WITH NO CUTS, INCLUDING NO CHANGES TO THE RETIREMENT AGE
  15. CANCEL THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE MANDATE AND CUT COSTLY AND BURDENSOME REGULATIONS
  16. CUT FEDERAL FUNDING FOR ANY SCHOOL PUSHING CRITICAL RACE THEORY, RADICAL GENDER IDEOLOGY, AND OTHER INAPPROPRIATE RACIAL, SEXUAL, OR POLITICAL CONTENT ON OUR CHILDREN
  17. KEEP MEN OUT OF WOMEN'S SPORTS
  18. DEPORT PRO-HAMAS RADICALS AND MAKE OUR COLLEGE CAMPUSES SAFE AND PATRIOTIC AGAIN
  19. SECURE OUR ELECTIONS, INCLUDING SAME DAY VOTING, VOTER IDENTIFICATION, PAPER BALLOTS, AND PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
  20. UNITE OUR COUNTRY BY BRINGING IT TO NEW AND RECORD LEVELS OF SUCCESS

I think it's nice that they let Donald dictate and proofread this cycle's platform.

Last edited:
Congress should provide flexibility to employers and employees to calculate the overtime period over a longer number of weeks.
Specifically, employers and employees should be able to set a two- or four- week period over which to calculate overtime. This would give workers greater flexibility to work more hours in one week and fewer hours in the next and would not require the employer to pay them more for that same total number of hours of work during the entire period.

LOL. Who do they think they are trying to fool? MAGAs? (Of course they are.)

So under this provision, an employer can work their people 80 hours in one week and none in the next week (in a 2-week scenario) and not pay any overtime. Or, they could work their people 80+ hours in one week and then 80- hours over the next 3 weeks (in a 4-week scenario) and not pay any overtime. Who would decide these scenarios anyway? It implies that it could be either the employer or the employees. Who really believes this option? (MAGAs, of course) It would definitely fall under the decisions of the employer, and to his economic advantage.

A company can be facing a critical production schedule where 40+ hours would have to be performed over a multiple week schedule to make a delivery schedule requirement and they could avoid overtime pay by getting the required production done in a 3 week period and then they could tell their workers to take week #4 off and not have to pay overtime. (I doubt the workers could file for unemployment for that 4th week since labor laws favor the employer.)

Or worse yet, first responders would have to work 40+ hours in a week to battle wildfires threatening populated communities which could result in multiple weeks of these work requirements. Once overtime hours are reached, in either a 2-week or a 4-week scenario, first responders could be told to stay home after working 80 hours or 160 hours respectively, and a 2nd inexperienced crew could be called in who would be unable to meet the "production" of the "first-team" members in fighting the destructive fires. What could go wrong with this strategy? (This is just a simple example as there are other examples of a "first team" outperforming a "second team" besides firefighting when it comes to "production" requirements.) If there is nothing wrong with this kind of thinking, let's try it with the military the next time we go to war and see what the results might be. Let's pull back the experienced troops from the front line and replace them with the raw recruits. What could go wrong?

Trump claims that he supports the working man, and nothing could be farther from the truth if they implement this plan. He wants to cut their income for the benefit of the employer.
Trump and MATAts support a caste system. Any fool can see this. Income disparity will continue to marginalize Americans from each other. Corporate PACs will dominate the political arena and the middle class will continue to lick the boots of the Uber rich. This is the America Trump is working towards…. This is not the America our FF imagined 250 years ago.

Every sane voter knows exactly what will happen if Turd is elected...it's going to be a four year "revenge tour".

Any entity that DJT feels wronged him will be attacked.
If the GOP controls all three legislative bodies...it will be 10X worse.

It sounds like something some companies do right now.
And nowhere does it say that companies can’t ask for volunteers who might not mind flexible hours and work options instead of overtime.
It does sound like they would give companies a greater ability to avoid paying time and a half. For some operating close to the margins it could help them stay in business and keep those employees.

Here in Jax the City auditors found some of the waste haulers (garbage men) made $102,000 in 2022 for overtime. Not bad but our rates are likely to go up next year.
It’s all a trade off but those scare mongers are just gonna scream and hope no one asks for the details.
BTW when was 2025 made an official part of the Republican platform? I missed that.
New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

…A company can be facing a critical production schedule where 40+ hours would have to be performed over a multiple week schedule to make a delivery schedule requirement and they could avoid overtime pay by getting the required production done in a 3 week period and then they could tell their workers to take week #4 off and not have to pay overtime. (I doubt the workers could file for unemployment for that 4th week since labor laws favor the employer.)…
Your 1st/2nd wildfire team example is ridiculous, nothing new would occur if this came to be. It would be occurring now if there was interest to avoid OT pay.

Under your theoretical 4 week scenario, why would anyone try filing for unemployment when they would be getting paid in full for the week they were off?

For anyone who earns “straight” time for OT, I don’t think they would be complaining. For those that earn 1.5x (or more) for OT, their lifestyle would likely determine their happiness with this method.

Reactions: goldmom
Congress should provide flexibility to employers and employees to calculate the overtime period over a longer number of weeks.
Specifically, employers and employees should be able to set a two- or four- week period over which to calculate overtime. This would give workers greater flexibility to work more hours in one week and fewer hours in the next and would not require the employer to pay them more for that same total number of hours of work during the entire period.

LOL. Who do they think they are trying to fool? MAGAs? (Of course they are.)

So under this provision, an employer can work their people 80 hours in one week and none in the next week (in a 2-week scenario) and not pay any overtime. Or, they could work their people 80+ hours in one week and then 80- hours over the next 3 weeks (in a 4-week scenario) and not pay any overtime. Who would decide these scenarios anyway? It implies that it could be either the employer or the employees. Who really believes this option? (MAGAs, of course) It would definitely fall under the decisions of the employer, and to his economic advantage.

A company can be facing a critical production schedule where 40+ hours would have to be performed over a multiple week schedule to make a delivery schedule requirement and they could avoid overtime pay by getting the required production done in a 3 week period and then they could tell their workers to take week #4 off and not have to pay overtime. (I doubt the workers could file for unemployment for that 4th week since labor laws favor the employer.)

Or worse yet, first responders would have to work 40+ hours in a week to battle wildfires threatening populated communities which could result in multiple weeks of these work requirements. Once overtime hours are reached, in either a 2-week or a 4-week scenario, first responders could be told to stay home after working 80 hours or 160 hours respectively, and a 2nd inexperienced crew could be called in who would be unable to meet the "production" of the "first-team" members in fighting the destructive fires. What could go wrong with this strategy? (This is just a simple example as there are other examples of a "first team" outperforming a "second team" besides firefighting when it comes to "production" requirements.) If there is nothing wrong with this kind of thinking, let's try it with the military the next time we go to war and see what the results might be. Let's pull back the experienced troops from the front line and replace them with the raw recruits. What could go wrong?

Trump claims that he supports the working man, and nothing could be farther from the truth if they implement this plan. He wants to cut their income for the benefit of the employer.
Good thing no candidate is supporting project 2025.

Is this fear mongering campaign still going?

Good thing no candidate is supporting project 2025.

Is this fear mongering campaign still going?
It’s all they have and they either don’t understand it or they hope the DimDem faction of their party doesn’t- but they’ll be brainwashed into thinking they’re getting screwed over.

They refuse to acknowledge that it’s not part of the Republican platform. Notice none of them have answered my question.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
And whose fault is that situation?
I don’t know but there are likely a couple of reasons. And it wasn’t illegal. The men did the work and earned the money.
Maybe as simple as the supervisor saying “Hey anyone want some overtime we’re short on staff” and someone saying heck yeah I want the money.

You're warming up to Trump again, aren't you?
I’m not voting for President but I remain a Republican.
And I voted for a Democrat for my City Councilman. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that I might switch to Independent.

I don’t know but there are likely a couple of reasons. And it wasn’t illegal. The men did the work and earned the money.
Maybe as simple as the supervisor saying “Hey anyone want some overtime we’re short on staff” and someone saying heck yeah I want the money.
Can you provide a link to an article about this with an explanation? I am sure it should be too hard.

It’s all they have and they either don’t understand it or they hope the DimDem faction of their party doesn’t- but they’ll be brainwashed into thinking they’re getting screwed over.

They refuse to acknowledge that it’s not part of the Republican platform. Notice none of them have answered my question.
The Republicans do not have a platform, do they mom? Nothing that gas been discussed or published here in fly-over country any way.

The Republicans do not have a platform, do they mom? Nothing that gas been discussed or published here in fly-over country any way.
Actually Republicans have shared a LOT more about what they plan to do than Dems have. Trump has the whole agenda 47.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT