ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time your car had a flat tire?

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
I was driving my white Corolla last night in the pouring rain and the "tire pressure" light came on. Oy.

I pulled over into a residential parking lot and saw the rear tire was flat. I may have hit a nail. I called roadside service and he showed up within 15 minutes and put my spare tire on. Quality service.

The technician told me not to drive over 30 MPH with the spare tire. That may be difficult since I have to drive about 75 miles today. I'll try to avoid the highways.

I called my tire guy to leave a voice-mail to tell him I needed help but his voice-mail didn't work.

I'll put on my reflective vest on tonight and will drop my car off at the mechanic and will leave a note and my key in his mail slot and will pray he can fix it tomorrow. He may be super busy. I'll take Uber home.

CSB.

When was the last time you had a flat?

About a month and a half ago on a blisteringly cold day. I've changed many times in my life, but holy shit the wife's Tahoe really makes you work for it.

Took me like two hours to change it after finally finding where everything was. Just awful.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
About a month and a half ago on a blisteringly cold day. I've changed many times in my life, but holy shit the wife's Tahoe really makes you work for it.

Took me like two hours to change it after finally finding where everything was. Just awful.
Sounds like you need a new wife

Sounds brutal.

I have AAA which comes in handy. I've used it for dead batteries, too. 👍

About five years ago in Raleigh. I was leaving the hotel and saw the light, sure enough, the rear driver side tire was waaaay low (but not all the way flat yet). Limped to the nearest used tire place and they fixed me up. To this day I still get emails from them reminding me my car is due for service.

About five years ago in Raleigh. I was leaving the hotel and saw the light, sure enough, the rear driver side tire was waaaay low (but not all the way flat yet). Limped to the nearest used tire place and they fixed me up. To this day I still get emails from them reminding me my car is due for service.

Do you have roadside service?

Are you a poor?

Maybe this time last year. Our Escape needed new tires, but was putting it off because we only put maybe 5k miles per year on it. But I had to drive it to work one day so I could pick something up after work. Came out to the parking garage and had a flat. Had picked up a screw somewhere, air leaked out during work.

Got a new set put on that weekend. Hadn't had one in more than 10 years before that.

Hit a pothole July 3 on Icon Road in Maryville Missouri….. i had avoided the pothole all summer, but was talking to my buddy and didn’t see it. Rim damage, shredded the tire. I had messaged the city twice prior to this.

Hit a pothole July 3 on Icon Road in Maryville Missouri….. i had avoided the pothole all summer, but was talking to my buddy and didn’t see it. Rim damage, shredded the tire. I had messaged the city twice prior to this.

Hopefully they fixed it by now.

I hit a brutal pothole 2 years ago in a rain storm. My hubcap flew off. The damage cost $600.

I reported it to the county and they fixed it quickly. I wonder how many other tires it pummeled.

About two weeks ago. I have a company vehicle, so I don’t drive my personal vehicle every day. It had been sitting in my driveway for a few days, and then I noticed the rear passenger was completely flat. I have an air compressor in the garage, filled it up with air and it held for another day, then slowly leaked and went flat again. Filled it up and drove to a local tire place to fix the flat. They wouldn’t touch the head locks on it. They said they didn’t have the right tool and were afraid they would break it. Had to drive out to a Ford dealer to get the tire fixed. Big old screw in the tire.

CSB

About two weeks ago. I have a company vehicle, so I don’t drive my personal vehicle every day. It had been sitting in my driveway for a few days, and then I noticed the rear passenger was completely flat. I have an air compressor in the garage, filled it up with air and it held for another day, then slowly leaked and went flat again. Filled it up and drove to a local tire place to fix the flat. They wouldn’t touch the head locks on it. They said they didn’t have the right tool and were afraid they would break it. Had to drive out to a Ford dealer to get the tire fixed. Big old screw in the tire.

CSB

How was the Ford dealer?

Did they try to rip you off?

Maybe this time last year. Our Escape needed new tires, but was putting it off because we only put maybe 5k miles per year on it. But I had to drive it to work one day so I could pick something up after work. Came out to the parking garage and had a flat. Had picked up a screw somewhere, air leaked out during work.

Got a new set put on that weekend. Hadn't had one in more than 10 years before that.
Funny. ……Kind of the same thing with my Escape about two months ago. I had a bunch of little things to accomplish after school and practice and drove down our lane thinking ice was pulling the vehicle to the right. Then I got on the highway and poof, off the rim flat. Called for a tow truck, got a ride back home from the 16 year old, and 800 dollars later I have four much needed new tires.

I was driving my white Corolla
Go Away GIF

I was driving my white Corolla last night in the pouring rain and the "tire pressure" light came on. Oy.

I pulled over into a residential parking lot and saw the rear tire was flat. I may have hit a nail. I called roadside service and he showed up within 15 minutes and put my spare tire on. Quality service.

The technician told me not to drive over 30 MPH with the spare tire. That may be difficult since I have to drive about 75 miles today. I'll try to avoid the highways.

I called my tire guy to leave a voice-mail to tell him I needed help but his voice-mail didn't work.

I'll put on my reflective vest on tonight and will drop my car off at the mechanic and will leave a note and my key in his mail slot and will pray he can fix it tomorrow. He may be super busy. I'll take Uber home.

CSB.

Approx 15 years ago while rolling the interstate. 20 minutes later I was at the house washing my hands.

Couple years ago. I put the spare on in a few minutes and then dropped the tire off to have a patch/plug installed from the inside. No problems since. I don't trust plugs alone, had more than one fail in the past.

CSB.

Many many years ago. Most of my cars/suvs run on run flats these days. Don't trust a donut tire, carry fix a flat with you, and learn how to change a tire. It might save your life. Sorry to hear that. Stay safe.

Many many years ago. Most of my cars/suvs run on run flats these days. Don't trust a donut tire, carry fix a flat with you, and learn how to change a tire. It might save your life. Sorry to hear that. Stay safe.

Thanks. I have AAA and it's come in handy like when my battery died in last year.

Reactions: GOHOX69
SMH that a grown man has to have AAA send someone to put his spare tire on for him.

Brother, there are air solutions to get you to a gas station. Triple A is good but you should get yourself a self help solution in case they aren’t available. Natural disasters happen, prepare.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT