ADVERTISEMENT

When Will We Know Bowl Matchups?

With the amount of bowls quickly cancelling, it’s not out of the question.
Without the “normal” daily routine of classes and football it is also very possible we see CV19 numbers go up. We have been amazingly fortunate thus far.

I don't see the Citrus and Outback calling off. It is quite conceivable the conference only has four bowls. Two NY6/CFP, Citrus, and Outback. Schools really need the payouts too.

While some bowls have cancelled, I'm not seeing any rush of "quick cancellations" lately. The Frisco Bowl recently cancelled due to SMU's inabiity to play, and we could see more cancellations of games that include a team that experiences a virus outbreak, but I doubt there are any additional cancellations just because the bowl chooses not to host the game (other than the possibility of the Rose Bowl being moved, which would be sort of a cancellation, but sort of not a cancellation).

I don't see the Citrus and Outback calling off. It is quite conceivable the conference only has four bowls. Two NY6/CFP, Citrus, and Outback. Schools really need the payouts too.

I would expect both the Duke Mayo and the Music City bowls to be played, unless one of the teams selected experiences a virus outbreak between their selection and the kickoff, forcing the game to cancel. Of course, that's a risk for every bowl game.

I’m sure you will see B1G in:
CFP: tOSU
NY6: Indiana
Citrus: Iowa/NW
Outback: Iowa/NW
Music: Wiconsin
Guaranteed: Minnesota
Mayo: Maryland

Sorry but looks like the Whoskers stay home yet again over the holidays. Is that 4 years in a row now? I’m sure they will make an announcement after the game Friday night or Saturday that they’ve decided to decline a bowl invite though to save face from not getting an invite. They’d rather say that and then follow it up in the record books by saying declined bid due to Covid concerns, as well as their fans saying we could of gone bowling that year but turned it down to have an excuse for not being an invite to accept. They really are that pathetic.

I’m sure you will see B1G in:
CFP: tOSU
NY6: Indiana
Citrus: Iowa/NW
Outback: Iowa/NW
Music: Wiconsin
Guaranteed: Minnesota
Mayo: Maryland

Sorry but looks like the Whoskers stay home yet again over the holidays. Is that 4 years in a row now? I’m sure they will make an announcement after the game Friday night or Saturday that they’ve decided to decline a bowl invite though to save face from not getting an invite. They’d rather say that and then follow it up in the record books by saying declined bid due to Covid concerns, as well as their fans saying we could of gone bowling that year but turned it down to have an excuse for not being an invite to accept. They really are that pathetic.
Depends how many sub500 teams go.

If md loses they're done. If psu wins and mn loses Id think psu would be picked....rutgers could pass the good too...?? Or maybe none if them go lol

Depends how many sub500 teams go.

If md loses they're done. If psu wins and mn loses Id think psu would be picked....rutgers could pass the good too...?? Or maybe none if them go lol
Maryland vs MSU is cancelled due to Maryland having COVID issues.

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
CFP teams are announced Sunday. Everything else follows quickly thereafter although most probably already know anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT