Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Maryland

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Nope

Votes: 9 12.9%

• Total voters
You know KF will pull some big upset. Always happens when heat is on him. Then the fans are back saying how great he is and we have to sit through his crying.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Minnesota, Michigan St., UCLA, Maryland, NW.

I could see Washington, Nebraska, and Whisky going either way but am leaning towards losing to 2 or 3 in this category.

It varies but we're not going to get killed in more than 1-2 games which means we'll be in each game, like last year. The schedule is similar to the last three seasons. If it was more difficult, yeah, it'd be harder to find wins.

Who are we beating with the product you saw today? This was an 0-2 Troy team with their second and then third team QB.

So...who are the other 5 wins?

Have you watched the other teams on our schedule?

Ohio St is a for sure loss
Nebraska is the next most likely loss.

Other than that I'm guessing Iowa will be favored in every other game left on the schedule.

Have you watched the other teams on our schedule?

Ohio St is a for sure loss
Nebraska is the next most likely loss.

Other than that I'm guessing Iowa will be favored in every other game left on the schedule.

This. Wisconsin is atrocious. MSU? Yeah, ok. Northwestern?? Come on. Iowa will win 8 games or more. And frankly, Nebraska outside of the first qtr and a half against Colorado was very meh.

Do they run the hell out of the ball, win the turnover battle, and not allow special teams points? If they run the hell out of the ball, win the turnover battle, and win on special teams they got a shot in all but one. Problem is if they get down in any of these games by two scores they are toast.

Reactions: BonzoFury
Minnesota, Michigan St., UCLA, Maryland, NW.

I could see Washington, Nebraska, and Whisky going either way but am leaning towards losing to 2 or 3 in this category.

It varies but we're not going to get killed in more than 1-2 games which means we'll be in each game, like last year. The schedule is similar to the last three seasons. If it was more difficult, yeah, it'd be harder to find wins.
The Minnesota game next week will tell us a lot about how this season will likely go.

Right now, I see that game as 50/50.

Iowa is one of those weird teams in college football where they can beat almost anyone in the conference and lose to almost anyone in the conference.

My guess is 7-5 this year unless the OL magically finds another level. Maybe getting a taste of success in the running game in that 4th quarter will help build their confidence. We’ll see.

I was feeling a little bullish, then realized I only see 3 wins and 1 tossup the rest of the way. Damn.
I personally see four more wins that I consider, without a doubt, for the season overall. We will win at least four more no question. It's murkier after that to me. Obviously, I hope we do much better than that. This schedule really isn't much to worry about frankly. It's not that difficult but we'll just have to eek out some wins and it won't be great to watch often.

Who are your wins and tossup?
I marked down:

Minnesota
Michigan State
Northwestern
Maryland

I was tempted to mark down MSU as a loss and Nebraska as a win, those are my tossups. Then again, I haven't followed Washington and UCLA enough so far. They look vulnerable so if we don't go at least 1-1 in those games it'll be a disappointment, IMO.

The Minnesota game next week will tell us a lot about how this season will likely go.

Right now, I see that game as 50/50.

Iowa is one of those weird teams in college football where they can beat almost anyone in the conference and lose to almost anyone in the conference.

My guess is 7-5 this year unless the OL magically finds another level. Maybe getting a taste of success in the running game in that 4th quarter will help build their confidence. We’ll see.
We very well could. From the ones I put down as likely wins, Minnesota is probably the one I perseverated on the most honestly.

I do love the crowd that comes out and says Iowa won't win a game the rest of the year. You get the same group in the basketball forums. Then the team plays to its usual standard, more or less. The basketball team usually gets to at least .500 or better in conference and the football team wins 8+ games.

There are always the doomsdayers whenever the team isn't playing well.

I marked down:

Minnesota
Michigan State
Northwestern
Maryland

I was tempted to mark down MSU as a loss and Nebraska as a win, those are my tossups. Then again, I haven't followed Washington and UCLA enough so far. They look vulnerable so if we don't go at least 1-1 in those games it'll be a disappointment, IMO.
I think MSU suuuuuucks.

I do love the crowd that comes out and says Iowa won't win a game all year. You get the same group in the basketball forums. Then the team plays to its usual standard, more or less. There are always the doomsdayers whenever the team isn't playing well.
I think most of us are still pretty realistic but yeah, I get what you're saying.

Reactions: TampaHawkfan
Probably. Unfortunately, outside of Northwestern and maybe Minnesota, I'm not sure we're clearly better than any team on the remaining schedule. Could see us win or lose a squeaker to MSU just as easily as I could see a squeaker win or substantial loss to Nebraska.
Fair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT