Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Maryland

Votes: 43 59.7%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters
😂 You’re salty. I’m not complaining. Just responding to a question. Our offense will see better defenses, and our defense will see better offenses.

Of course, I hope I’m wrong. I’m a fan. I’m not a homer.

It's the same story every season. That's what's most annoying to me in the aftermath of Iowa football games. It's the same interpretations, the same hyperbole, the same predictions and the same idiocy. We're finished. The team is terrible. Bla, bla, bla. This is a good Iowa team that is going to win a lot of games. If you don't agree, let's place a wager.

I think most of us are still pretty realistic but yeah, I get what you're saying.
Maybe the word "group" wasn't the best choice of words, but I usually see at least someone who says Iowa won't win a game the rest of the year, etc. Just totally off the ledge. Things never end up that bad. If they do, well, then let's not think about that.

Nope. That magic is gone.
yeah. i do think we’ll win a bunch of winnable games but the slobber knocker type win against overwhelming odds is difficult to see. we just don’t play that physically punishing style anymore.

It's the same story every season. That's what's most annoying to me in the aftermath of Iowa football games. It's the same interpretations, the same hyperbole, the same predictions and the same idiocy. We're finished. The team is terrible. Bla, bla, bla. This is a good Iowa team that is going to win a lot of games. If you don't agree, let's place a wager.
I don’t place wagers on my own team, nor any team I’m emotionally attached.

Also, why do you care so much what I think? I answered the OP’s question.

Again, I don’t think we’re terrible. I just, at this point, don’t see anything that would lead me to definitively believe we win any of the games listed. We’ll line up against these teams, we’ll watch, we’ll cheer, and hopefully we’ll win.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
yeah. i do think we’ll win a bunch of winnable games but the slobber knocker type win against overwhelming odds is difficult to see. we just don’t play that physically punishing style anymore.
The only one that qualifies as a big upset would be @ tOSU. That's hard to imagine with what we saw today. Those games seem to rely on a stifling defense and a tough offensive line. This line doesn't have that machismo.

Reactions: desihawk
Maybe the word "group" wasn't the best choice of words, but I usually see at least someone who says Iowa won't win a game the rest of the year, etc. Just totally off the ledge. Things never end up that bad. If they do, well, then let's not think about that.
No, you're right, I agree.

I don’t know how we can beat a B10 team other than maybe NW.
^^^ This is the type of post I was talking about earlier. Things just are never this bad. If it does end up this way, well, then KF needs to be shown the door. We'd be talking about a 2-3 win season if NW is just a "maybe" and no other conference game is winnable for this team.

Once he got things established (excluding 1999 and 2000) his low is 4, and that was just one time.

Reactions: AEG82
I don't understand the passing game. They can run ball but they don't feed off of that. Very frustrating.
What's frustrating is as good as CM's stats looked today, several of those throws looked ripe to result in chunk plays or even touchdowns. He just doesn't seem able to consistently put the ball in a place that his receiver can get YAC.

What's frustrating is as good as CM's stats looked today, several of those throws looked ripe to result in chunk plays or even touchdowns. He just doesn't seem able to consistently put the ball in a place that his receiver can get YAC.
I agree

This. Wisconsin is atrocious. MSU? Yeah, ok. Northwestern?? Come on. Iowa will win 8 games or more. And frankly, Nebraska outside of the first qtr and a half against Colorado was very meh.

Defense is way down. Offense a little better. Things could improve. I would say Iowa will win 6 games or more regular season. If you more include bowl game then call it 7 wins. Upside to maybe 9 wins if the defense improves and better QB play. That's my current view. Giving up this many points or Troy at home, that wasn't a vintage Phil defense. He's lost too many studs.

Reactions: shobart
Defense is way down. Offense a little better. Things could improve. I would say Iowa will win 6 games or more regular season. If you more include bowl game then call it 7 wins. Upside to maybe 9 wins if the defense improves and better QB play. That's my current view. Giving up this many points or Troy at home, that wasn't a vintage Phil defense. He's lost too many studs.
Ehhh...........who all did we lose last year that significantly affected us besides DeJean?

That's a problem if our defense drops off that dramatically because ONE corner left early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT