ADVERTISEMENT

Where were you when O.J. got acquitted?

BrianNole777

HB Heisman
Jan 27, 2023
I remember when O.J. Simpson was acquitted. I was in 5th grade.

I thought he would be found guilty and lost a $5 bet to my friend. I was stunned.

Half the class cheered.

Where were you? What happened?

Reactions: GOHOX69
I was walking through the Iowa Memorial Union and stopped by a tv when they were about to announce the verdict. I remember people cheering when they announced not guilty.

Last edited:
The floor of the Chicago Stock Exchange. It is the only time I can remember that the ticker stopped during trading hours.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Walking down Copeland heading to class. Some guy driving down Copeland with head out of the window, slapping the door of his white SUV and yelling, “The Juice is loose!” over and over like he was Paul Revere.
It was funny, and somehow fitting.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Grade school.. the l grade above us was able to watch the verdict together in classroom and so did pretty much the entire school, except for our grade, we were eating lunch when the kids from the grade above entered the lunchroom and announced the news of not guilty.

Yeah, it was definitely not a big enough event to remember where I was.

I think the only 2 events where I can remember where I was is 9/11 and the Challenger explosion
Columbia tearing apart on reentry was another and, oddly, I remember where I was when I was told Elvis had died. 🤷‍♂️

I had recently moved to NJ and was working a contract in Westchester Country, NY. I believe I was at work, and everyone went to the break room to watch it. The thing I most remember is the shocked look on Kardashian's face, who I suspected was the one who threw out OJ's bloody clothes.

7th grade. We combined with the class across the hall to watch the verdict. Pretty white, Conservative school so lots of scoffs. Let's face it though, he was guilty AF.

BTW, the Cedar Rapids Kernels had just won an excellent baseball game and my dad and I were driving home from that to watch World Cup '94 and the NBA Finals when we heard the chase on the radio, and the TV stations were dominated by it when we turned on the TV at home.

Chow Hall Dinning Facility at Goodfellow AFB for the "chase".

Roaming around Elmendorf AFB (JBER) as a green Airman lost for the "acquittal".

Middle school science class, I think 7th grade. We stopped class to tune in and watch.

At the time I didn't think he was guilty but on further reflection of it, I think he was the prosecution and the police just completely blew it.

Middle school science class, I think 7th grade. We stopped class to tune in and watch.

At the time I didn't think he was guilty but on further reflection of it, I think he was the prosecution and the police just completely blew it.
My Dad was a criminal defense attorney. He said that at the time watching it. They made elementary errors, like the glove demonstration, bringing Mark Fuhrman on the stand, etc.

My Dad was a criminal defense attorney. He said that at the time watching it. They made elementary errors, like the glove demonstration, bringing Mark Fuhrman on the stand, etc.

Those where the things that I was thinking of that killed them.

I also think the LAPD didn't handle the evidence completely by the book either. That was a lesser problem but if you are potentially charging a rich dude with a crime you need the cops to do everything exactly by the book. Because if you don't the defense has the talent and the resources to find every minor mistake you made and point it out to the jury. And when the cops investigating look bad the whole case starts to look bad.

I was in the drive thru at Arby's and the people inside started cheering. The window guy told me. I can only imagine the look on my face when he told me. He had a big smile and I did not.

Last edited:
I remember when O.J. Simpson was acquitted. I was in 5th grade.

I thought he would be found guilty and lost a $5 bet to my friend. I was stunned.

Half the class cheered.

Where were you? What happened?

I was about 20 working at an electronics/appliance store in Tallahassee. Every TV in the place was showing the verdict. Half the place cheered and half groaned.

I was 20 years old, and have no idea where I was or even remember how I heard about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT